Election Reviews

• Nov 05, 2020

Remarkably intelligent and consistently funny, this film revels in the dark comedy that is showcased by it's strong leads.

• Sep 19, 2020

It was okay. I feel like it lacked a true message

It was okay. I feel like it lacked a true message

• Sep 07, 2020

Watching this in light of Rose McGowan's allegations makes for uncomfortable viewing. Similar to the discomfort of reading Nobokov's novels. We are exclusively in the perspective of the adult, middle aged teacher, not of the teenage female child.

• Sep 06, 2020

Pretty good movie starring Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Broderick. Really good interesting premise.

• Jul 14, 2020

This is my favorite from Payne so far and I came real close to going 9/10.

This is my favorite from Payne so far and I came real close to going 9/10.

• Jul 06, 2020

fantastic film and absolutely BRUTAL in its satire of Middle Class suburbia and the type of sociopathy it can breed (see also, 'Observe and Report' for where this particular sociopathy leads individuals)

• Jul 03, 2020

Well made but I don't find it especially funny, and it is hard to root for its characters.

• Jun 30, 2020

"Election" is a super-smart, confidently written, and well-acted satire. I really enjoyed the tone this movie presented and had a lot of fun with it. The movie uses a high school setting to make some really well thought out political statements and I found that to be impressive. The characters are over the top on purpose and are all fairly dislikable. Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Broderick do a good job bringing these bizarre characters to life with lots of energy in their performances. However, because of the ridiculous nature of the characters, the movie is very entertaining. Overall, this is a unique comedy that isn't afraid to make bold statements with some excellent writing.

• Jun 27, 2020

Matthew Broderick is simply no match for Reese Witherspoon and Tracy Flick probably would have stuffed Ferris Bueller in a locker. Two different classes of actors.

• Jun 24, 2020

Election is a 1999 American black comedy film directed by Alexander Payne 🍿 It's ok, but I feel mixed about this one πŸ˜‰ I'd recommend it if you like this genre, but if not then probably give it a miss πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ Reading. Writing. Revenge.