The Emperor's New Groove - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Emperor's New Groove Reviews

March 17, 2017
The Emperor's New Groove is my favorite film! Kuzco, Pacha, Yeezma, Kronk, and all the other characters were absolutely hilarious and that movie is fantastic.
December 21, 2016
The comedy is hilarious, the cartoony animation is top-notch, and the characters never fail to make you laugh. Easily the best animated Disney film of the 2000s.
½ December 5, 2016
Disney's The Emperor's New Groove is a really great animated movie that was a bit odd to have David Spade in it, but it really works. If people expect this to be a grand Disney movie, then they are going to be a bit disappointed as this is essentially a buddy road trip movie which granted, is different than the princess movies, but it's a bit weird that Disney even wanted to do that kind of genre, and it's not the last one as Disney made College Road Trip after Emperor's New Groove. David Spade is good in it and gave me a few laughs, although his character can act a bit too whiny or too selfish at times. John Goodman is great, and his character's family is pretty funny from what they got. The funniest and best part of the film, are the villains. They are just enjoyable to watch and that you kind of want to see more of them even though they are in it a lot. One thing that was unexpected for me, was of how fast the animation and the film is. It gives out a lot of detail in it which makes the jokes go more non-stop, and that brings out a lot of energy also. The characters are memorable, especially the villains, and the plot is a bit more thought out than some road trip films. The Emperor's New Groove is not the best Disney film I've seen, but it's definitely one of the funniest.
½ November 30, 2016
Um dos vários casos onde a dublagem brasileira - muito inspirada - eleva o filme a um novo patamar. Personagens muito carismáticos e um anti-herói hilário como protagonista garantem um ótimo passatempo.
November 11, 2016
Likeable characters, a consistently fast pace, and hysterical comedy make this a worthwhile film for the whole family to enjoy.
½ October 3, 2016
This is pretty minor Disney but it's delivered with aplomb. It's pretty funny and engaging but probably just lacks an emotional hook or a character you can truly latch on to. Good fun though, my son enjoyed it as well.
September 30, 2016
Best Disney movie ever, yes better than lion king, Zootopia, you name it.
August 29, 2016
A true new groove.....
½ August 15, 2016
Probably one of the most genuinely funny additions to the Disney arsenal, thanks to some wonderful voice acting and comical slap stick routines, the script and characters elevate this one despite being on the sillier side. Oh well, it's a kids movie.
August 15, 2016
One of the most funniest Disney movies! The Emperor's New Groove is pretty much the comedy gold of Disney.
½ August 4, 2016
Thoroughly hilarious and refreshingly playful, one can see why this film is considered a classic of the Disney Dork Age. It strays greatly from Disney's expected style of storytelling, but does so in such a way that effectively creates a delightful story and memorably amusing characters.
August 1, 2016
Wow way better then I remember really really funny
½ July 18, 2016
The Emperors New Groove is one of my favourite animated movies ever, and one I can rewatch at any time. Its plot may not be as deep and compelling as in other Disney movies, but the laughs are big, the characters are fresh and the world is very interesting.
July 6, 2016
I'm 18 years old and this movie is still funny
½ June 25, 2016
It was very cool and creative đ???
June 21, 2016
Funny animated film with some heart.
½ June 16, 2016
The Emperor's New Groove is outstanding and hilarious. This movie is amazing and the plot is brilliant. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ May 27, 2016
Disney forgets about its dull princess movies for a while and brings us a family comedy with smart humor, likeable characters, and fast-paced animation
May 23, 2016
Carries exactly the right tone for its basis, and actually gives some good laughs throughout.
April 20, 2016
It's David spade as a talking llama do I need to say more