The Emperor's New Groove - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Emperor's New Groove Reviews

½ September 16, 2017
It seems like my enjoyment of this movie directly correlates to my toleration of David Spade at the moment of viewing. Apparently wasn't feeling real fond of him this time, not to mention the hot mess of a story. Still, the rest of the sarcastic, spoof-like humor isn't bad; the movie works best when it's not trying too hard to be more than just a goofy cartoon.
½ September 16, 2017
The animation is bouncy and alive, the jokes are funny and clever on both a mature and childish level and the underlying lesson is well executed.
However, it falls flat in terms of story as Emperor is rich on predictability and the characters are nothing special, either.
September 4, 2017
8 out of 10:

The humor is hit or miss, but this Disney classic is fast paced, well animated, and smart.
August 21, 2017
Likeable characters, a consistently fast pace, and hysterical comedy make this a worthwhile film for the whole family to enjoy.
August 20, 2017
This is not only my favorite Disney movie, this is also my favorite animated movie of all time
½ August 15, 2017
While it may not be Disney's best animated feature, its arguably their funniest with a talented voice cast and basic storytelling that keeps things fresh along with the big laughs.
August 4, 2017
Its rather simple-minded, but its fun and brisk, and has heart.
August 3, 2017
Funny, clever and entertaining, this film made silly seem inteligent. The amazing characters chemistry between Kuzco and Pacha and Kronk and Yzma are fanatstic as well. An satisfying movie for the family!

|It's a 7,5 out of 10|
½ July 31, 2017
A great movie with comedy that appeals to children and adults!
½ July 24, 2017
2 1/2 out of 5 stars. It took me a while to see this and I didn't miss much. It was very formulaic based off of the other Disney films of the times and the music was meh.
½ July 20, 2017
While the story may be somewhat choppy, the great animation, very good voice acting, the near perfect amount of humor, steady pace, and great premise makes this film easily one of Disney's best from the early 2000s.
½ July 17, 2017
Pretty good Disney movie.
July 2, 2017
jajaja Never had seen it! Excellent! :p
June 28, 2017
The Emperor's New Groove is a lightweight film, but it's consistently funny enough to make up for it.
June 20, 2017
So underrated, so funny, so enjoyable.
June 20, 2017
The Disney version of a Looney Tunes short, with so many great ideas and jokes. Boom bam baby!
June 12, 2017
One of my favorite movies as a kid, and even as an adult, it still holds up well to this day. The Emperor's New Groove is a great comedy that gives out strong laughs and a good chunk of heartfelt moments.
June 10, 2017
really funny and slightly more advanced humor than you expect in an old disney cartoon. this may have been the first really funny one. (about 3 viewings)
½ June 2, 2017
6/2/2017 (3): Not as good as I remembered. A silly story and only a few funny parts. Kronk was the only funny character.
½ June 1, 2017