Employee of the Month - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Employee of the Month Reviews

½ May 27, 2016
5/27/2016: An entertaining fun movie with a good cast.
½ March 25, 2016
Dumb and juvenile. Don't waste your time except to stare at Jessica Simpson
½ January 8, 2016
Employee of the Month is a cheap Office Space knockoff that simply exists, devoid of laughs and filled with severely unlikable characters. The conduit through which the audience is meant to relate to the film's idiocy is played by Dane Cook, a man who couldn't be more unsympathetic if he tried, and the love interest is played by Jessica Simpson, a woman who demonstrates repeatedly throughout that she has no business in this line of work and never creates a character complete enough to serve its purpose. None of the performers behave in particularly funny ways, none of the "satire" feels compelling, and the filmmaking is never anything greater than that of the average sitcom (there are at least four montages set to late 2000s punk-rock songs, for example), all of this in service of a stale, formulaic central narrative that grows tiresome after the first half hour. Employee of the Month is godawful in its mediocrity, so crushingly banal, so blandly inert that it becomes depressing, lifeless, and altogether miserable to sit through.
November 28, 2015
its was somewhat funny
October 12, 2015
Wow, this movie sucked Dane Cook and Jessica Simpson should just not do anything.
October 9, 2015
I enjoyed this, actually. It's alright.
September 17, 2015
Dane Cook is one overrated personality....really find him unfunny.This crap is what I expect from this unlikable bunch.
½ August 3, 2015
It's stupid. But funny. What else matters!?
June 23, 2015
People usually thing my taste in movies sucks. But honestly I really like this movie.

Its lighthearted, very little depth, which honestly isn't a bad thing. Sometimes I just want to watch a nice cookie cutter movie that just entertains me and warms my soul.

This movie has no underlying meaning that makes me think the world is out to get me, its just a good movie about an over the top rivalry over a girl. Its fun, and its got a few laughs.

Sometimes a movie is just that, a movie and its sole purpose is to entertain you out of boredom for an hour and a half and leave you with a small smile on your face.
½ June 13, 2015
It's got a few good laughs, but ultimately it's just another mediocre comedy for Dane Cook to drive into the ground.
June 11, 2015
Very good movie. While it's not very original, Employee of the Month is still very funny and has great performances from Cook (surprisingly), Shepard, Dick, Williams, and Ramirez. It probably would've been a lot better had it gone for the R-rating.
June 6, 2015
Employee of the Month seems like it's the 12 year old rendition of Office Space, with gay and fart jokes galore and cliches everywhere - it's not fresh and original, and we've seen this all before.
Zach Bradley is a box boy at the Super Club retail megastore, hoping to win over the hot new cashier Amy and outsmart the flashy suckup Vince's months and months of winning employee of the month. Zach attempts to beat him in his quest to get his prize of a new car, his hopeful girlfriend, and an induction into the workplace's hall of fame.
Employee of the Month lacks laughs and talent. All the actors chosen were nowadays laughable fads of the 2000s and their characters so bland and unlikable. The film's attempts at making likable loser secondary characters like the blind pervert and the dumb security guard fails miserably. The jokes are of middle schooler calibur and are filled with immaturity and stupidity. Employee of the Month deserves no awards here...
½ June 4, 2015
This definitely follows an overused formula but it's still quite a bit of fun.
½ June 2, 2015
Lowbrow, but entertaining nonetheless.
May 18, 2015
A well built story line of an underdog coming from behind to get the girl and the oh so very coveted spot of employee of the month against the oh so very popular cashier that everyone seems to love.
May 6, 2015
This is an 81-Honda!How DARE YOU?!
April 11, 2015
But I watched all of it
½ February 14, 2015
Two clerks from a big box store compete for a hot cashier in this silly but often funny comedy. Dax Sheppard steals the movie.
February 14, 2015
enjoyable and easy to watch :)