Evan Almighty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Evan Almighty Reviews

January 13, 2018
and now we have a surprise for evan..

Evan Almighty

It seems painful watching some fine talent working on something that is downhill from the first frame.
½ December 17, 2017
Puntaje Original: 5.5

Un poco más de lo mismo, aunque sin la genialidad de su predecesora.
December 16, 2017
I was surprised that I liked this so well. I actually think it was better than Bruce. The first one had better gags, for sure, because it almost entirely revolved around the premise of an ordinary guy having God's powers. While this one did have plenty of jokes about Noah and ark-building, that wasn't the focus. They knew that it was a much weaker comedic premise and (surprisingly) made the message the focus of the movie. And for a Hollywood movie, I was impressed with the Biblical message in it. The scene in the cafe between God and Evan's wife was my favorite part of the movie. Once again, Morgan Freeman makes the best actor-portraying-God that I could imagine. Steve Carrell as usual is hilarious, and all the supporting cast was great as well. If only they had jumped on the fact that Evan and Heaven rhyme for the title (instead of just being lazy and copying the first movie's title.) I think "Evan Help Us", "Evan Above", or "Evan Can Wait" would have been better.
December 2, 2017
The movie starts out nicely. It began as most stereotypical family comedy's do with the husband having a problem and the clearly out of his league hot wife getting mad at her husband then excepting whatever problem it isn't he has. The god jokes also were kinda funny at first and Morgan Freedman did such a wonderful job as god (but I mean it's Morgan Freedman what else would you expect?) Anyways it just gets weird at the end. No one died just a quick little flood and the protagonist ended up being a really sketchy congressman who profited off the people (wow shocker). They also have the stereotypical token funny black person secondary character in their playing Evans assistant. Jon's hill plays an assistant to I think? TBH I don'g Know why he's there he says like five lines. Waisted talent. Not to mention the three boys suck at acting but I can't blame them because their lines are so horribly stale there really is no other way to deliver them. Clearly a cheap Hollywood cash crab. Just rich guys in suits tryna make a quick buck offa religiousness people.
½ November 4, 2017
As bad as it sounds.
October 27, 2017
looks really funny!!!!!!!!!!
October 4, 2017
Upon first viewing, this was a huge let down but given how much the original has waned over time this really isn't that much of a step down. It's cute but forgettable and would probably be a complete writeoff without Carrell at the helm.
July 31, 2017
Not as good as Bruce but still pretty darn funny!
July 8, 2017
With a story flaw or two, still a great story. Awesome actors and great visual effects -- not to mention great trained animals!!
½ May 6, 2017
Incredibly boring and unfunny.
April 1, 2017
Thought this was delightful. I'd watch it again.
March 29, 2017
A mildly amusing and entertaining film which accomplishes everything it sets out to do except make you laugh. Although it has a good premise and lead actor, it lacks originality and plays it far too safe with the content. Lots of animals and a moral message, but the blue screen quality varies significantly, and although silly in parts, it is rarely ever funny.
March 20, 2017
Didn't think the original was good enough to warrant a sequel
January 9, 2017
This is an okay movie it can be funny at times
½ January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 2, 2016
Very funny! Why such a bad review!
September 27, 2016
Much better than the original. He is so funny in this movie.
September 25, 2016
Because I love Steve Carell.
August 24, 2016
actually rather entertaining. I mean, it's a little stupid but the cast was great.
August 19, 2016
This is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I'm a Cristian and this is inoffensive and definitely the best rendition of the Noah and the flood story, (I'm looking at you 2014's Noah), which is very offensive. This movie if nothing is hilarious, but it's more than that, and Steve Carrel is funny. If you looking for a good Cristian/bible based movie, pick this over gods not dead and it's sequal they suck.