Evan Almighty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Evan Almighty Reviews

January 9, 2017
This is an okay movie it can be funny at times
½ January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 2, 2016
Very funny! Why such a bad review!
September 27, 2016
Much better than the original. He is so funny in this movie.
September 25, 2016
Because I love Steve Carell.
August 24, 2016
actually rather entertaining. I mean, it's a little stupid but the cast was great.
August 19, 2016
This is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I'm a Cristian and this is inoffensive and definitely the best rendition of the Noah and the flood story, (I'm looking at you 2014's Noah), which is very offensive. This movie if nothing is hilarious, but it's more than that, and Steve Carrel is funny. If you looking for a good Cristian/bible based movie, pick this over gods not dead and it's sequal they suck.
½ August 12, 2016
would have been better as a short Saturday night live skit
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Alright I suppose no need for it to be made though, And not a scratch on Bruce Almighty.
½ June 27, 2016
Evan Almighty is a decent movie. This movie is hilarious and pleasant. This movie has some famous actors including Steve Carrell and Morgan Freeman. I would suggest this movie.
April 2, 2016
Evan Almighty is very stupid and unoriginal, but it is pretty funny, Carell is a comedy king even in poor movies like this.
April 2, 2016
If you have kids this is a great film - clearly from some of the reviews on here there are a lot of loners out there.
March 12, 2016
This is one the whole family can watch and remains quotable long after it's been viewed.
February 21, 2016
It's nothing compared to the original but it is has some fun moments. It is definitely a forced sequel but it is watchable thanks to Steve Carrell.
February 14, 2016
Steve Carell tries his very best to make this film funny but it's nothing like the original and it's like some it from Son of the Mask; too family friendly
February 3, 2016
Very cute, feel good fantasy film for believers. Heathens won't get it.
½ February 1, 2016
This movie had potential but it turned out to be a childish religious dumpster fire.
½ November 8, 2015
An unnecessary sequel, Evan Almighty is sweeter than it is funny, but it sure looks good. Like a lazy summer day - too light and inconsequential to really get excited about, but you have to be pretty cranky to complain too loudly. A safe crowd-pleaser.
October 26, 2015
I doubt this wasn't a strong christian group making and producing this film, but I first watched it around my middle school years at a christian camp and I thought the movie was quite excellent and fun. I would consider it a fun and engaging film especially for christians and a big laugh-out-loud riot to both christians as well as non-christians. Carrel puts on a pretty good performance in this slapstick of a film and he or the film doesn't fail to entertain throughout the entire movie. I would consider this just about as good as Bruce Almighty, if not better. The entire ark set is quite phenomenal and so are much of the smartly trained animals. Even though the story might seem to run along rather quickly at some instances, I can't quite be sure why this film doesn't have that high of ratings (I'm talking to you, Rotten Tomatoes!). Just about any type of average Joe can basically get along nicely watching this film, especially if you know enough of the story of Noah's Ark. This was well made look-wise and nicely produced/directed as a whole.
½ October 15, 2015
A very unfunny and failed attempt to make a good comedy film and instead they ended up making a boring good looking movie that is not worth your time.