An Extremely Goofy Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

An Extremely Goofy Movie Reviews

July 24, 2017
3 out of 5 stars. I had fun watching this with Emma. She LOVES Goofy!
July 13, 2017
It's hard for me to be very objective about this movie. I grew up with it, and I love Goofy. But here it goes. How is the movie as an adult? Not bad. It's really fast, and a breeze to sit through. The animation isn't exactly Disney's best, but it's above TV quality and it's always interesting to see classic Disney style animating modern technology. The secondary characters are all pretty good, and they each have their own little stories happening in the background that don't interrupt the main plot. Honestly it's really a difficult movie to criticize too much. I mean, if I have a critique, it's that it could be a lot funnier. Even as a kid watching this, I remember it not having as many laughs as I would have liked. That is a downer, and it's sometimes serious and real tone makes the Goofy moments a little jarring honestly. But there are still funny moments here, and some of my favorite quotes from anything Disney related. Goofy is such an instantly sympathetic character that when we see him go through hardships, it's heartbreaking, and we really want to see him make it through. His arc in this movie and his bonding attempts with Max are actually very real and very strong. But again, this does come at the cost of some of the comedy. So is it perfect? Hell no, far from it. But it is significantly better than the first Goofy movie, and even though there aren't a huge number of laughs the laughs we get are still good and it's just an enjoyable film to watch. It's fast and likable, and I had fun seeing it again.
May 3, 2017
Goofy is back!! It is as funny as the first one I like how max is in a competition with his friends now max and his friends are off to College! And you will meet Goofy there!! Need some laughter well here you go it makes me laugh!
December 13, 2016
Definitely the best straight to video Disney sequel ever made!
½ September 2, 2016
I wonder why not many people like this film. I think it's a good follow up to it's predecessor. I was nice to see Max go off to college and see Goofy find a love interest. I also really enjoy the X-Games. The animation is good. Bradley Uppercrust is an entertaining villain. The film is funny and the mature moments are still there. There's only one problem I have with it: the absence of Roxanne. I really enjoyed Roxanne in A Goofy Movie, and I was really upset that she wasn't in this. If it wasn't for Max trying to impress her, the events of the first film wouldn't have even happened. This is strange because one could say they broke up since Max was flirting with other girls, but Roxanne was present in an episode of House of Mouse that aired the same year this film was released, so it's really weird. She and Max were such a cute couple and it's as if the writers forgot about her. This issue prevents me from liking the film as much as the first, but I enjoy it just as much. It's not the best, but An Extremely Goofy Movie is a fun good time
½ June 25, 2016
Awful!!!! How did this get better reviews than the first one? All of the subtlety that made the first movie actually interesting has been replaced with forced 70s references, flat tunnel-vision characters, lame x-treme sports plot line, bizarre innuendo, and an even further dumbing down of Goofy's character.
Goofy went from sensitive divorcee to just flat out sad and haggard loser, all of his interactions with his son now feel like doctor-patient interactions of humoring one another. None of the Goof-troop kids feel older than the first movie, just more cliquey and boring -not even their hairstyles changed. Then the fact that all of the girls on campus are in heels and short skirts with big boobs is incredibly bizarre for this movie. Then there's the bizarre mix of cartoon violence with real-world consequences... car crashes, fires and getting your teeth knocked out aren't funny when you mix it with father-son dynamics and 'going to college.'
Who is this movie for? Skater boy 18 year olds with nostalgia for the 70s? Awful.
June 18, 2016
it was an ok goofy movie not the best however
April 9, 2016
I forgot how cringe worthy this movie is. one of my favorites as a kid and definitely holds up today. Also, I think this movie is the root of where my obsession with the 70's comes from..... POETRY GIRL IS FIRE
½ March 9, 2016
Rip-off of Rodney Dangerfield's Back to School movie.
February 3, 2016
Just as simple, dumb, "goofy", and lame as the first with some good jokes. A lot was borrowed from the first one. I actually liked as just as much as the first. Nothing bold or new. Meh.
January 27, 2016
This movie was good and funny I like how Max and , Bobby, PJ go to college and try out for the college X Games. And then with goofy it is funny how he go"s to college with Max un expectedly it's a funny good move. Goofy and Max are back being funny!!
January 10, 2016
Decent Disney animated sequel, way too frenetic, though.
August 25, 2015
Ehhh, not that great of a sequel to the wonderful, timeless classic. It has a few of its moments, but nothing to brag home about.
July 12, 2015
As much as I really liked a goofy movie, this one was just a little (um) wierd.
May 27, 2015
One of those sequels that isn't so much dishonest as it is unneeded. Bratty, clichéd, nonsensical, and worst of all, not funny.
May 2, 2015
This was ok even though the first one was best!
April 4, 2015
It was a great, really fast-paced and very funny Disney animated direct to video sequel. It had really great animation, great voice cast, great characters, great music, very good humor, really fast-paced sports action, really great artwork and a good story. This is going to be one of my new favorite Disney animated direct to video movies of 2000. I really recommend this movie to both kids and adults.
½ February 15, 2015
An Extremely Goofy Movie sports a ton of heart and intrigue and never even once shies away from the character development. It will have one on the edge of the seat and draw tears.
½ January 20, 2015
Awful! I didn't watch the first one yet but I don't need to to know that this sucks. It's idiotic and cliche to max. Speaking of Max, he's a total d*ck in this movie and where's Roxanne?
½ December 16, 2014
A good combo of college and father-son film in this second Goofy movie that's better than the first with the same charm in being goofy - of course - and zany, but better in heart. (B)

(Full review coming soon)