An Extremely Goofy Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

An Extremely Goofy Movie Reviews

½ September 2, 2016
I wonder why not many people like this film. I think it's a good follow up to it's predecessor. I was nice to see Max go off to college and see Goofy find a love interest. I also really enjoy the X-Games. The animation is good. Bradley Uppercrust is an entertaining villain. The film is funny and the mature moments are still there. There's only one problem I have with it: the absence of Roxanne. I really enjoyed Roxanne in A Goofy Movie, and I was really upset that she wasn't in this. If it wasn't for Max trying to impress her, the events of the first film wouldn't have even happened. This is strange because one could say they broke up since Max was flirting with other girls, but Roxanne was present in an episode of House of Mouse that aired the same year this film was released, so it's really weird. She and Max were such a cute couple and it's as if the writers forgot about her. This issue prevents me from liking the film as much as the first, but I enjoy it just as much. It's not the best, but An Extremely Goofy Movie is a fun good time
½ June 25, 2016
Awful!!!! How did this get better reviews than the first one? All of the subtlety that made the first movie actually interesting has been replaced with forced 70s references, flat tunnel-vision characters, lame x-treme sports plot line, bizarre innuendo, and an even further dumbing down of Goofy's character.
Goofy went from sensitive divorcee to just flat out sad and haggard loser, all of his interactions with his son now feel like doctor-patient interactions of humoring one another. None of the Goof-troop kids feel older than the first movie, just more cliquey and boring -not even their hairstyles changed. Then the fact that all of the girls on campus are in heels and short skirts with big boobs is incredibly bizarre for this movie. Then there's the bizarre mix of cartoon violence with real-world consequences... car crashes, fires and getting your teeth knocked out aren't funny when you mix it with father-son dynamics and 'going to college.'
Who is this movie for? Skater boy 18 year olds with nostalgia for the 70s? Awful.
June 18, 2016
it was an ok goofy movie not the best however
April 9, 2016
I forgot how cringe worthy this movie is. one of my favorites as a kid and definitely holds up today. Also, I think this movie is the root of where my obsession with the 70's comes from..... POETRY GIRL IS FIRE
½ March 9, 2016
Rip-off of Rodney Dangerfield's Back to School movie.
February 3, 2016
Just as simple, dumb, "goofy", and lame as the first with some good jokes. A lot was borrowed from the first one. I actually liked as just as much as the first. Nothing bold or new. Meh.
January 27, 2016
This movie was good and funny I like how Max and , Bobby, PJ go to college and try out for the college X Games. And then with goofy it is funny how he go"s to college with Max un expectedly it's a funny good move. Goofy and Max are back being funny!!
January 10, 2016
Decent Disney animated sequel, way too frenetic, though.
August 25, 2015
Ehhh, not that great of a sequel to the wonderful, timeless classic. It has a few of its moments, but nothing to brag home about.
July 12, 2015
As much as I really liked a goofy movie, this one was just a little (um) wierd.
May 27, 2015
One of those sequels that isn't so much dishonest as it is unneeded. Bratty, clichéd, nonsensical, and worst of all, not funny.
May 2, 2015
This was ok even though the first one was best!
April 4, 2015
It was a great, really fast-paced and very funny Disney animated direct to video sequel. It had really great animation, great voice cast, great characters, great music, very good humor, really fast-paced sports action, really great artwork and a good story. This is going to be one of my new favorite Disney animated direct to video movies of 2000. I really recommend this movie to both kids and adults.
½ February 15, 2015
An Extremely Goofy Movie sports a ton of heart and intrigue and never even once shies away from the character development. It will have one on the edge of the seat and draw tears.
½ January 20, 2015
Awful! I didn't watch the first one yet but I don't need to to know that this sucks. It's idiotic and cliche to max. Speaking of Max, he's a total d*ck in this movie and where's Roxanne?
½ December 16, 2014
A good combo of college and father-son film in this second Goofy movie that's better than the first with the same charm in being goofy - of course - and zany, but better in heart. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
October 13, 2014
A bit better than the other one.
½ September 24, 2014
This is a new Goofy that I've never seen before. He's responsible, caring, and sensitive but definanty still goofy. The beginning was very emotional and could see Goofy's trouble to accept Max as an adult and not his little kid anymore. It actually made very sad and almost cried. But after that, the movie went on a downward spiral. I can't stand Max or his friends. Max comes off as a mean-spirited jerk towards his father since he wants to be left alone. He is constintly embarassed by his father's actions and shows very little to no concern for his feelings. Goofy is very likable and shows another side to Goofy I definantly wanted to see more of. And any scene with Max and/or his friends is very annoying with the voices and the VERY unfunny humor. How this got a higher rating than The Three Musketteers I will never know.
½ August 30, 2014
I think something didn't work as it should have worked.Father-Son relatioship but not as powerful as it should have been.Yet,this was a very entertaining movie to watch at least once.
August 22, 2014
A very boring flick compared to the original...