Flipped - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Flipped Reviews

October 16, 2016
Cutest movie I've ever seen.
September 25, 2016
Loved it saw it a few days ago the Actors and the Movie were amazing
September 11, 2016
Great movie! It's a refreshingly cute and wholesome movie! The world needs movies like this more often nowadays. I recommend watching it with your significant other.
½ September 10, 2016
Rob Reiner delivers another nostalgia fest of a film, a movie that seemingly has no qualms with sickingly saccharine moments of youthful innocence.

Does Flipped compare to other similar Reiner films, like Stand By Me? No.

But what Flipped does, it does well. The acting is genuine, and manages to capture a semblance of the timeless facets of youth that seem unburdened by time. Although the film can err on playing out like something out of a 50's TV series, Reiner manages to blend the cutesy kitsch with touching moments that keep this film from turning into a sugary mess.

One could argue the film is slow and uneventful, and to a certain extant I agree. Despite this, Flipped manages to intrigue and make you feel all fuzzy inside. 3.5/5.
½ September 7, 2016
this movie was BAD and needed to take a REST and decide who it wanted to be. the worst thing i have ever seen in the whole of my life, an hour and a half of my life that would have been better spent literally stabbing myself in the eyes, i will never get that time back.
½ August 10, 2016
This film was incredibly sweet, if not too cutesy at times. The incredible innocence was captured very well by the lead actors; it was believable in how ridiculous the thought process played out for either of them (in terms of youthful innocence).The acting itself was alright, which makes sense given how young either lead was, and I felt Anthony Edwards did a generally poor job as the prickly Mr. Loski.
August 10, 2016
Great movie. One of few romantic movies I will ever recommend.
July 28, 2016
I've seen this movie like 5 times. So I'm clearly biased. But... I learned so much from it. For instance how sometimes we overlook someone because we're blind. Oftentimes an iridescent person can be hidden behind the curtains of simplicity...
July 23, 2016
Flipped utilizes its very talented cast and double-narrative story idea on a nostalgic, poignant and dramatic love tale between two contrasting personalities, providing enough drama and heart to keep one intrigued.
June 16, 2016
Coming of age drama about young love. Reiner misses again with this drama better left for Lifetime.
June 1, 2016
This film is just like a stream of water that can purify one's mind. After the bombardment of scifi, thriller, love story blockbuster, this film serve as a reset bottom to reset our mind.
May 1, 2016
This movie sucks. Not funny at all.
April 15, 2016
Flipped is Rob Reiner's best film in 18 years.
April 3, 2016
a very beautiful movie?my eyes was misty after watching the movie ?
½ February 7, 2016
This is a sweet film by Rob Reiner that doesn't get too sentimental. The reason why it works is because of its smart casting choices. If you want to feel good about how things used to be this is a good choice.
½ February 4, 2016
There is something so simple and so very pure about this film; it's hard not to admire the way it was all written, produced and directed. No, it's no Stand By Me, as many have previously stated...but it captures the innocence of being young from another perspective and brings the audience back to a simpler time or chapter of life. I wish more films were similarly made ; with strong emphasis on pure storytelling and character ! 3.5 stars
½ January 8, 2016
oh my my, i think it's one of the cutest sweetest movie i've ever seen. i really like the way the movie packed, the story twisted and the characters developed. i just wished the story went deeper. but you know, this kind of movie is the one who calm the audience in the most simple way :)
January 6, 2016
An enjoyable film which the whole family can watch, a lovely story, my fav bit was the ice cream on the floor bit, which I added an extra star for as it made me cry with laughter hahaha
November 5, 2015
Has a few boring moments.
October 18, 2015
This movie is just cute.

I love the unique way in which they tolled the story. The simple but deep message it sends. And of course the sycamore tree!

Favorite Scene: She in the top of the tree.