Four Brothers Reviews

• Nov 15, 2020

Good movie about revenge

Good movie about revenge

• Nov 13, 2020

Some parts of this are just terrific! Four Brothers deserves more between three and a half and four stars, but it's got such a good entertainment value, so I give it the benefit of the doubt. With a heavy theme of brotherhood, Mark Walhberg, André Benjamin, Tyrese Gibson and Garrett Hedlund give very strong and memorable performances. It's also got a kick-ass soundtrack, this film seems to be inspired by the 1970s cheap blaxploitation films. It really gives this pic a certain vibe. Overall, this mix of mystery crime and action gives for a very entertaining movie, with even a slight touch of humor. Overall, I really liked Four Brothers, it's a fun movie. I recommend it!!

• Sep 19, 2020

Personally I adore this movie. It won't be for everyone, though. It's macho, it's tough, it's rugged, and it lacks any real depth of story, but what it does well is gives the viewer is a raw look at vengeance in a more realistic way than most manly revenge flicks do. It's has heart, and a few really good performances. Marky Mark is a straight up bad ass in this movie, any way you slice it.

• May 16, 2020

4 Brothers flips between being a dark revenge movie and a comedy, and could have benefitted off of more screentime for Andre Benjamin, who vastly outacted Mark Wahlberg and Tyrese Gibson.

• May 07, 2020

Absolutely awful movie (like most of Wahlberg's movies). Ridiculous plot and cheesey dialogue.

• May 03, 2020

Managed to watch the movie in full hoping to come across a moment that could justify the continued viewing. Sadly, it never arrived. Disappointed that otherwise watchable actors would degrade themselves to make not only a poor entertainment product but also one that actively promotes unlawfulness and vigilante behaviour. The characters' demonstrated moral actions ended up diametrically opposed to the teachings of their beloved mother, thereby undermining all that she had hoped to achieve. Everyone encounters difficult moral choices during their lifetimes. It is easy to comment from my armchair. However, I wonder if the actors have adequately thought through whether the message promoted by this movie is worth their pay check.

• Feb 06, 2020

Awesome action and fight sequences. Who else but Singleton would choreograph a crazy car chase through the snow. Very exciting. It was stuntmen and stunt drivers doing amazing things in real time and space. He also did this in 2 Fast 2 Furious, the only one of the Furious Franchise that doesn't rely on CGI for all the car stunts. I enjoy the mix of the mystery and action in Four Brothers. The circuitous route to finding out what happened to their mother had a lot of twists and turns and was engrossing. I appreciate that for every arty movie he makes (baby boy), he'll come back with one that is pure "entertainment" with great visuals. He brings the fun.

• Jan 27, 2020

It's better then Contraband

It's better then Contraband

• Jul 18, 2019

Its a typical revenge movie that has its ups and downs. I still connected and had a lot of fun with it. Good chemistry with characters. A story that actually makes you really enjoy all of the little subtle moments.

• Jul 03, 2019

I love this movie. Too much. It's an awesome pulpy vigilante flick with some solid action and genuine laughs. The comradery between these brothers is soo real, that it's actually quite touching for a genre movie.