Frantz Reviews

• Jan 28, 2019

This is my third time viewing "Frantz." Excellent in all categories.

This is my third time viewing "Frantz." Excellent in all categories.

• Oct 11, 2018

If this were a book I'd have thrown it against the wall when I finished. It pretends to turn the tropes of melodrama and romance into some grand statement about the vagaries of war and the borderless humanity that unites us, but truly, it's just a depressing, narcissistic literary novel about a pasty-faced selfish French man/boy who doesn't care if he torments the grieving family and fiancee of a WW1 German soldier. BAH.

• Aug 03, 2018

Una obra maestra, es una de las películas más intensas, tristes, y con una impresionante fotografía en blanco y negro.

• Aug 02, 2018

Wonderful movie with wonderful acting. Beautiful black and white photography with the use of colour at specific moments. At the beginning of the movie you feel like someone watching from a distance - almost like a play - but gradually the moving, intense story and acting gradually suck you in and you feel every emotion that the actors feel and portray. What a brilliant end!

• Jul 27, 2018

A beautiful story of healing from the tragedy of the first world war, this film takes place in France and Germany. Recommend.

• Jul 01, 2018

A masterpiece. One of the most thought provoking, intense, incredibly sad, yet beautiful movies I have ever seen. I shed many a tear throughout the movie, but it was the ending that had me awestruck. It is hard to describe the many, many emotions that I went through while watching this film. Truly a piece of cinematic art.

• Jun 17, 2018

This is a pleasant film to see. The plot contains far from convincing episodes, but these are not able to spoil the whole thing. When so few interesting movies are released, a proposal like this one is welcome. At least you do not feel an impulse to get out of the cinema nor do you regret the two hours spent in watching the film.

• Apr 28, 2018

AMAZING MOVIE! I LOVE HOW THE COLOURS CHANGE DURING THE CHARACTERS FLASHBACKS AND THEIR TODAY LIVING. THE STORY AND PHOTOGRAPH ARE AMAZING

• Mar 30, 2018

Very moving on a most difficult act by lead character. Some days later I still think about this and how WW1 lead to WW2..

• Jan 22, 2018

The inhabitants of a small German village mourn in grayscale. After the great losses of the First World War, what will it take to bring color back into their lives? The best movie of the year that never found an audience. A beautifully tortured romance with classical and modern sympathies.