Freedom Writers Reviews

• Jun 05, 2019

I sobbed the whole time! Coming from a broken home, and being the first in my family to graduate high school and go to college, this movie really hit close to home. It's truly inspiring and gives you hope. There are people out there that want the best for others. There are people out there that are selfless. You can overcome your circumstances! Believe in yourself ALWAYS! You know what you are capable of, and others will eventually see it too. Don't ever give up! YOU ARE WORTH IT! :)

• May 26, 2019

This movie is absolutely beautiful! One of the movies that actually demonstrates how different races of humans can learn to work together and become friends without completely antagonizing one specific race of people throughout the entire movie.

• Apr 29, 2019

The movie Freedom writers is an american drama movie published in 1007. It is inspired by a true story and takes places in american ghettos. The film tells the story of a teacher trying to solve conficts between students from different ghettos. Freedom writers is an amazing movie that deals with a sensitive subject. I loved this movie, the story is captivating and emotionel, we can feel emotions through the actors. This film is excellent, very psychological and sentimental, it targets young people of our time in a fight againt racism. A scene that particulary struck me is when students met a surviving woman of Nazi Germany. This scene is a lesson of life, it is stunning. In my view, I highly recommend this movie, throughout the movie the story is more and more touching ! -Anaëlle

• Mar 29, 2019

Of the many white-teacher-in-an-inner-city-school films, this one is excellent. Hillary Swank is convincing as a teacher determined for her students to succeed. Patrick Dempsey, as her hapless husband, is a good villain. Watch this and root for the students. The soundtrack is also very good.

• Nov 06, 2018

Very good movie, I love how the teacher did not give up on the students

Very good movie, I love how the teacher did not give up on the students

• Mar 28, 2018

Watched this movie a lot back in middle and high school. Now I have my own copy. Absolutely an inspirational and fun film to watch.

• Dec 01, 2017

Very predictable, but hey it’s done well and Hilary Swank is not bad

Very predictable, but hey it’s done well and Hilary Swank is not bad

• Oct 11, 2017

worth watching it for sure!!!

worth watching it for sure!!!

• Jun 01, 2017

Freedom Writers features a powerful performance by Hilary Swank and a decent arc about rising above the turmoil around us.

• Apr 22, 2017

I've already seen Sister Act, thank you. And Dangerous Mind too.

I've already seen Sister Act, thank you. And Dangerous Mind too.