Freedom Writers Reviews

• Jul 25, 2020

best movie i’ve ever seen, brings change and shows the real raw life teens go through everyday

• Jul 18, 2020

aconselho não levar em consideração a nota dos críticos, e sim do público! Muito bom o filme, melhor do que avaliaram! Aborda principalmente o racismo e a xenofobia. Muito interessante e divertido, e se você n for muito bom em controlar as lágrimas, sinto em dizer que você VAI CHORAR kkkk

• Jul 16, 2020

There is a surprising value of how timelessly relevant this drama turned out to be as the primitive societal degrading ridiculously still echoes today – as well acts as a Devil's Advocate for some aspects. By itself story-wise, no matter how conventionally formulaic the narrative is with a difficult social situation in need of miraculous healing, it was sympathetically directed with emotional resonance of understanding being ultimately reached after a diegetic disrespectfully frustrating start before going appreciatively humble and strengthening in shared motivational inspiration. Hillary Swank joins the cinematic teaching podium of perfectly embodying a teacher's devotion in during more than just educating by opening troubled eyes to the true reality beneath their respective fights then garnering cheerful justice. Not only that, but the registered student body of breakouts made the wholesome message possible in dimensional clarity with emotional connection towards various social issues. (B+)

• Jul 14, 2020

Great soundtrack of hip hop classics, well placed. The intro contains real news footage from the time period the film is set. Newbie teacher from right side of the tracks is lumped with the misfits(heard this story before; Dangerous Minds) The student's attitudes come from histories exposed in journals, narrated and accompanied by dramatic and emotive footage revealing their pasts in flashbacks. Holocaust survivor characters relay their pasts to a reformed class (mostly convincingly) made so during the plot and with a talented and diverse cast. Writing can change the world. Wow. What an inspiring story and well depicted.

• Jun 23, 2020

formulaic but well made with strong performances and an important message.

formulaic but well made with strong performances and an important message.

• Jun 06, 2020

por que no hablo de la esclavitud en vez del holocausto ? no seran los intereses del escritor, director y actores ? de la segregacion en usa, de escritores negros ? por que todo tenia que ser centrado en la misma religion que comparten los actores y guinistas de esta pelicula ? nadie lo penso ? decirle a chicos negros del ghetto que empaticen y hagan catarsis con ana frank ?

• Jun 04, 2020

I didn't think I would like this movie because I thought it would be about gangs. But I loved it! It was about young people and a wonderful teacher. Hilary Swank is great, as always. All the acting is wonderful. This is a great movie that gives inspiration!

• May 09, 2020

One of my favorites! A must see! Based on real life events.

One of my favorites! A must see! Based on real life events.

• Apr 23, 2020

This was an unexpected movie for me. It blew my mind away of what just 1 teacher can do to make a difference in a classroom full of students, and change their lives forever! Highly highly recommended

• Apr 09, 2020

Freedom Writers is a heartful and powerful biography about a teacher working at a poor-performance school and works to build a bond and teach her students while relating to them. The movie is deep at times and shows everyone they have something in common with all other people in some way. It is an all around amazing biography to watch.