Frequency - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frequency Reviews

September 2, 2016
A fascinating and absorbing story with characters that really gel. It takes a bit of a left turn at the traffic lights with the whole murder mystery element thrown in half way through but nevertheless it works and is a movie I return to at least every couple of years. The ending has some typical time travel movie issues and is all tied up a little too neatly perhaps. I'd have prefered the originally intended ending myself as it avoids some ilogicality and is slightly cleverer. Either way, still a great movie.
August 21, 2016
just one of the best movies ever. for me it's a classic. always think of my little boy when I watch it. how can you not like it, it has great acting, and a little sci fi
August 10, 2016
Awesome movie - watched it numerous times with different people and always keeps me on the edge of my seat
August 9, 2016
I like how much this movie plays with my imagination.
½ August 8, 2016
A young man finds an old ham radio and soon picks up a transmitted voice of his deceased firefighter dad. The second half seems stretched as if the writers were stuck with how to make the film complete and interesting. But, for the most part, the end result is entertaining.
July 29, 2016
One of my all-time favorite movies!! Every time I see it, I can't change the channel. Dennis Quaid is perfect in it. Such a fantastic father/son movie. My favorite time travel movie. Just perfect all around. I can't say enough good things about it. I love it.
July 19, 2016
A wonderfully innocent, heartfelt sci-fi flick.
½ July 10, 2016
Not something to write home about, but fun the first time.
½ June 12, 2016
A great concept squandered by some pacing issues.
½ June 8, 2016
Between a 6/10 and 7/10, Features plenty of soft-focus, picture-perfect, father-and-son baseball scenes, an enormous amount of plot, and not quite enough of anything else.
½ May 8, 2016
What do you get, when you put good performances, an average and boring story, backed up by a rushed ending? Frequency.
March 30, 2016
A solid thriller . Quaid is always the balls. Good suspense when needed and a different take on the time travel genre was refreshing.
½ December 20, 2015
truly underrated movie with great acting & chemistry between Quaid & Caviezel , compelling story and well worth checking out if you have never seen it.
November 11, 2015
Good film! Love the ending!
September 29, 2015
An epic film with a fantastic story, amazing premise and one of the most original time travel genre movies I've seen in a while. Plus Jim and Dennis are just brilliant in this.
September 4, 2015
Direct history changing communication with the past works here very well as a dramatic device. As a physical possibility it would require a much more powerful push than a big solar storm & aurora in a 30 light year radius perfectly focused to just budge one moment in time space into into annihalating regenerative resonance.And forget having plural memory for events that never accured in that time line. To even try that would blow your mind & leave you totally psychotic.The most powerful fusion bombs can't manage more than a few feet for just a fraction of a light milisecond radius.
September 1, 2015
I keep watching this one over and over again. Just love it!
½ July 19, 2015
A creative thriller that is well-acted by both Jim Caviezel and Dennis Quaid. I would recommend it! (First full viewing - 3/16/2011)
July 5, 2015
One of my All-time faves!
July 3, 2015
A lot sappier than I remembered and it does stray into "lifetime movie" territory, but when its basic premise is firing - time travel, father & son solving an old string of homicides, etc - it's good stuff.