Frequency - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frequency Reviews

October 17, 2017
so touching. one of those rare movies that illustrates so vividly what mankind and humanity is all about.
August 10, 2017
Fascinating study into changing the future and what could happen if you could do it. I've long been a fan of both Dennis Quaid and Jim Caviezel and this flick does not disappoint. Very weird and suspenseful, with lots of twists and turns.
July 4, 2017
Frequency is definitely very well acted, it is exciting and thrilling at times and some scenes are heartwarming, but some are also overly sentimental, it never succeeds as a science fiction film and is much better off as a thriller plus the beginning is dull and the ending is silly leading to a fine, but forgettable and unoriginal genre film.
May 8, 2017
truly underrated movie with great acting & chemistry between Quaid & Caviezel , compelling story and well worth checking out if you have never seen it.
April 3, 2017
Likeable story about a sort of supernatural connection via ham radio between a dead father and his now grown son. Strange idea but it works most of the time due to Dennis Quaid and Jim Caviezel, who is especially good as the troubled son. In fact, I would have liked to see more of why he was troubled.
March 13, 2017
Frequency is a movie you can relax, turn your brain off and enjoy multiple times. Loved it when it first came out and when it was on tv this weekend I made sure to revisit and enjoyed just as much. Quaid and Caveziel are awesome.
½ February 23, 2017
This movie really grows on ya.
January 29, 2017
One of the better movies I've seen. Disagree with Rotten Tomatoes rating.
½ November 3, 2016
Great story! I really enjoy Dennis Quaid's characters.
September 2, 2016
A fascinating and absorbing story with characters that really gel. It takes a bit of a left turn at the traffic lights with the whole murder mystery element thrown in half way through but nevertheless it works and is a movie I return to at least every couple of years. The ending has some typical time travel movie issues and is all tied up a little too neatly perhaps. I'd have prefered the originally intended ending myself as it avoids some ilogicality and is slightly cleverer. Either way, still a great movie.
August 21, 2016
just one of the best movies ever. for me it's a classic. always think of my little boy when I watch it. how can you not like it, it has great acting, and a little sci fi
August 10, 2016
Awesome movie - watched it numerous times with different people and always keeps me on the edge of my seat
August 9, 2016
I like how much this movie plays with my imagination.
½ August 8, 2016
A young man finds an old ham radio and soon picks up a transmitted voice of his deceased firefighter dad. The second half seems stretched as if the writers were stuck with how to make the film complete and interesting. But, for the most part, the end result is entertaining.
July 29, 2016
One of my all-time favorite movies!! Every time I see it, I can't change the channel. Dennis Quaid is perfect in it. Such a fantastic father/son movie. My favorite time travel movie. Just perfect all around. I can't say enough good things about it. I love it.
July 19, 2016
A wonderfully innocent, heartfelt sci-fi flick.
½ July 10, 2016
Not something to write home about, but fun the first time.
½ June 12, 2016
A great concept squandered by some pacing issues.
½ June 8, 2016
Between a 6/10 and 7/10, Features plenty of soft-focus, picture-perfect, father-and-son baseball scenes, an enormous amount of plot, and not quite enough of anything else.
½ May 8, 2016
What do you get, when you put good performances, an average and boring story, backed up by a rushed ending? Frequency.