Georgia Rule Reviews

• Jun 23, 2020

A mixed bag of ideas and tones but the cast work well off each other and it holds your interest.

• Oct 11, 2019

As a woman who is highly outspoken, independent, ambitious, and "strong", I absolutely love the representation in this movie. I can see that a great majority of critics has lambasted the film, but THIS MOVIE is a representation of who I am. I am neither weak nor graceful, I am neither lost nor in ambitious, I am not an attention seeker nor am I pitiful. Instead, just like Rachel, I am resilient and an unapologetic survivor of child sexual abuse. I do not expect MOST people to understand how it damages your mind to be an intellectually fierce woman yet be helplessly violated in your youth. Georgia Rule addresses these doubts through the lens of a rebellious and strong willed young woman who is yet to discover her full potential.

• Jul 16, 2019

Lindsay Lohan should have gotten a Golden Globe nom for this role. She is amazing in this film.

• Dec 18, 2018

One of the worst chick flicks ever made. One of the worst chick flicks I have ever watched. Horrible, stupid movie! This movie actually started off well in the very beginning, like the first 10 or 15 minutes of the movie, but after that it just became a trainwreck that got worse and worse as the story went on. It started to be become a trainwreck since the part where Lohan's character said to some guy that her own stepdad molested her. Then she goes to her grandma's house and realizes that her grandmother found out about her stepdad raping her because that guy told her. So Rachel (Lindsay Lohan's character) lies and said that she made it all up and that her stepdad Arnold never raped her. Her mom eventually comes later in the movie and finds out about her husband Arnold possibly being a sex offender and raping Rachel. The stepdad is a lawyer and he, Rachel, and her mother were all going to settle the whole situation in court. But then the mother annoyingly makes him stop the car because she couldn't anticipate knowing what really happened anymore. Then Arnold shouts out loud at her and confesses that Rachel seduced him to have sex with her. Then she gets all hysterical and tries to hit him but then he pushes her on the ground away from him and takes off in his car and probably never sees her again. So the mom forgives Rachel while she runs to her and hugs her. Then they both go back home. It's so stupid that she forgives her daughter and lets her off the hook, but hates her husband and threatens to have him arrested and never forgives him. Feminism at its finest. This whole entire movie is completely hysterical. This is the most hysterical movie ever with the most hysterical story ever. Just describing the plot was so painful. None of the characters in this movie are likable. I legitimately hate all of the characters in this movie including the main character played by Lindsay Lohan. How anyone can like this stupid movie is beyond me. The only good thing about this movie is Lindsay Lohan's great acting. It's such a shame that a wonderful actress like Lindsay Lohan who has real acting chops was horribly wasted in this god-awful film. Rating: 1.4/10

• Jul 07, 2017

Apesar das crítica ser muito baixa, eu gosto muito desse filme. Gostei de como a história foi contada e de como tudo se resolveu. É um bom filme, na minha opinião.

• Mar 15, 2017

Strange movie. The producers should have dropped the whole molestation part and just concentrated on Lindsay's oversexed character. But for some reason it seems important to them. Ruins the movie.

• Feb 01, 2017

It's good movie to watch

It's good movie to watch

• Mar 23, 2016

My love for Jane Fonda and Felicity Huffman can't compensate for this trainwreck of a comedy.

• Jan 17, 2016

Out of control teenager sent to grandma's. I've watched this movie several times, I enjoyed it every time.

• Dec 17, 2015

not very good and slightly disturbed by it.

not very good and slightly disturbed by it.