Ghoulies II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghoulies II Reviews

September 28, 2016
First off I really like ghoulies 2 in my opinion its super fun movie that actually has fun stupid plot that works the writing isn't as bad the acting is acting good for this type of film the ghoulies are a lot more fun in this film
½ September 26, 2016
I am not sure why I started this one after I hated the 1st one.
½ March 10, 2016
2.5/5 From what I recall this was better than the first
November 7, 2015
Cheesy, but it's a lot of fun for anyone who grew-up on these kind of films. Worth a watch.
October 17, 2015
This pointless "sequel" (the continuity with the first movie is really thin) is more comedy than horror, yet it is not at all funny or frightening.
October 11, 2015
The Great 'Fucking' Fausto!

The owner of a traveling carnival has arrived to the carnival to make some wholesale changes. He gives the entertainers one week to make money and prove their act belongs in the show. The haunted house is the first area targeted to be released, but when some demonic ghouls arrive at the carnival, the haunted house business gets a boost in revenue...if any patrons survive the demons that is.

"Have you seen my little muffy?"
"Who hasn't?"
"I meant my kitten."

Albert Band, director of I Bury the Living, Grand Canyon Massacre, Robot Wars, Prehysteria 1 & 2, She Came to the Valley, and Doctor Mordrid, delivers Ghoulies II. The storyline for this picture is actually creative and placed in a very entertaining setting and circumstance. The acting and special effects are just okay, but very entertaining for the genre (in a fun way). The cast includes Damon Martin, Royal Dano, Phil Fondacaro, J. Downing, William Burtler, and Donnie Jeffcoat.

"I'm an actor, not a mud slinger!"

I have always loved this movie since I was a a very Killer Clowns from Outer Space kind of way. This isn't an epic or all time classic, but it is a fun horror movie that is better than one may anticipate and worth a viewing. I recommend watching this regularly during Halloween season.

"You got to pay attention to the moon."

Grade: B
½ August 21, 2015
Worse than the original film, if such a thing is possible.
May 31, 2015
Well that's a little more like it. At least that was fun awful...
½ May 18, 2015
Ghoulies II is actually a better movie experience overall than its predecessor, and probably the only movie in the series that actually delivers. Not only is "they'll get you in the end" tagline is finally paid off in this movie, but everything else has been improved too. There are now characters that we clearly like and dislike, the special effects can be taken a bit more seriously, and the story itself has a nice flow and resolution (although still tied-in for another sequel at the end). The relocation to a house of horrors in a carnival also helps set the mood for the movie. It's no masterpiece of horror or anything, but as far as a movie about the Ghoulies goes, this is the best of the lot, hands-down.
April 28, 2015
Rather ridiculous but still entertaining Charles Band production. Along with Troll, Dollman, Demonic Toys, Puppet Master and this film, I think Band must have some kind of yen for small creatures doing horrible things. The diminutive ghouls from the first film return to wreak havoc at a small carnival. That's pretty much all there is to the film, but there is enough Ghoulie action to have kept me entertained. You also get Royal Dano in a supporting role, so that helps too. There's also Phil Fondacaro who I think was an underused actor. He was actually very moving in his supporting role in "Troll" and he gives a better performance that this film deserves. Written by frequent Band collaborator Dennis Paoli, who also co-wrote the classics "Re-Animator," "Dagon" and "From Beyond" with Stuart Gordon and directed by Charles' father, Albert Band.
½ April 19, 2015
Goofy fun, and that's all it tries to be. Yes a very low budget flick, but that doesn't mean it can't be very fun. I laughed A LOT during this one. The puppets are low budget but they're still cool to watch, they are all designed well. They final got the plot right this time, none of they hour long buildup nonsense, movie starts quickly and gets right on into the craziness. I'd say give it a chance, I mean it's much better than part one. 51/100
April 12, 2015
I haven't seen this yet. But, I'm willing to bet that it is better than Green Street Hooligans.
November 9, 2014
On a B-movie standard, it's pretty good. A silly guilty pleasure. 6.1/10
October 2, 2014
Such a dumb movie that is so much fun to watch. If you actually managed to get through Ghoulies, then you probably don't expect much out of a sequel. However, this is one of those "so bad it's good" movies. This is a movie that is complete trash, but you get the feeling the filmmakers and everyone making the movie just had a lot of fun and at times it really shines through. No, this isn't a masterpiece, and it's probably something constantly overlooked even by aficionados of bad b-horror movies because of how bad the Ghoulies series is as a whole. Ghoulies 2 though has some charm to it. The acting is terrible, the plot is terrible, the puppet effects are laughable, and the movie is full of nonsense. Still, I can't help but wonder why movies like Troll 2 are so beloved and movies like Ghoulies 2 are absolutely hated and forgotten. They're both trash, and even if Ghoulies 2 may be a bit more self aware, they can still be a blast to watch with other people. I'd recommend it for a bad movie night.
March 25, 2014
OK lets just get one thing straight here, these films do not follow any continuity from one to another. The 'Ghoulies' turn up out of nowhere, captured by some guy who is trying to exterminate them for good.

From these rather abstract beginnings the naughty creatures turn up in a kooky crappy carnival where they rather predictably cause suspicious deaths and trouble. There is a bare minimum plot about the workers of the carnival not making enough money to keep their jobs and the evil company (company?) manager setting deadlines to hand in good receipts of business.

At first I thought the Ghoulies were gonna help the carnival folk make their ghost ride more scary so they could make more money and keep their jobs (sounds solid right?), but no. Nothing really happens throughout as you would have expected, some people get killed which are thought to be attractions but who cares? all you wanna see is Ghoulie gore. There is some gore here but not a massive amount, more than the first but this installment lacks the atmosphere of the first.

Very very cheap looking all round but the puppets still look pretty cool, you also get some stop motion animation of the creatures also. Expected better really as I prefer the original but the ending in this is quite amusing and very B-movie/trashy, so much so its good.
½ March 17, 2014
don't really understand all the hype on Charles Band movies, but this one was less bad than most I've seen. They always seem to be like a cheesy gore movie, but without the gore. The puppets were cool though.
March 11, 2014
This one really improves on the original. It does quite a few things right that the first one did wrong. The Ghoulies take center stage here and are far more articulate. In fact, they can actually move about this time. This film has Royal Dano and actually makes good use of him. The carnival setting is great. Any movie set at a carnival starts with a big plus. All that said, the plot is really by the numbers and really just a vehicle to let the Ghoulies loose.
February 25, 2014
Ghoulies 2 has always been my favourite. the college one is shit and the one after that is just midgets in masks, but the first two are fucking class!
½ January 22, 2014
Cheese classical 80's ...
January 11, 2014
The first one was a stupid, boring rip off, and this one is just as stupid, but surprisingly fun to watch, and the effects are cool. 5.5/10