God's Not Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

God's Not Dead Reviews

½ May 4, 2019
This film is borderline hate speech against atheists. It presents a cartoonishly stupid scenario that could easily be avoided with one call to the college Dean.

God's Not Dead asks you to be a good Christian (even though NOBODY will be converted by this) and yet presents it to you in a way that I'm pretty sure Jesus himself would be mortified at what he sees in this movie.

When it comes to Christian movies, just stick to Hacksaw Ridge.
½ April 21, 2019
From what I have read on the Internet, this movie was made to enforce the belief that Atheism is bad and Christianity is good. And that is not true.
½ April 14, 2019
Very very very on the nose with its message. If you're religious, you'll probably enjoy this movie. If you're not you probably won't. That simple.
½ April 7, 2019
A shameful, disgusting display of clumsily hacked-up straw men pandering to the pathetic sheep possessing the weakest minds bolstering a position which can't even be defended anymore.
½ April 2, 2019
This film is disgusting. Not only is it a complete cinematic failure (terrible writing, acting, and directing) but it is downright offensive.
March 24, 2019
Although a lot of people don't like it, you can see the reality of this movie more and more in our day-to-day life!
½ March 18, 2019
Has an interesting premise but is completely ruined by its obvious bias and its attempt to demonize anyone who isn't Christian, hell even Christians themselves might this film offensive.
½ March 6, 2019
I have to admit that this film was bad in terms of the story. However the ideas are exceptionally brilliant. They have answered some things that I have never really been able to answer my self, for instance the way that an evil man can go through life and nothing wrong ever happening to him and how a person who is good but has gone through bad things has turned to god. I find the ideas of this film have truly strengthened my argument for the existence of god. But one complaint that I would make about this film is that it brought up very sensitive topics that I feel were not handled appropriately. A woman going through cancer would have been a film itself but we only get to see parts of it. The topic alone was almost brushed off and don't even get me started on the scene where the guy is dyeing. First of no one would ever be able to tell that a man has punctured his lungs and are filling with blood with one touch. and secondly the priest was seen to be quiet evil or sinister, he forced the professor to say he accepts god WHGILE HE WAS DIEING, its completely contradicting of what was said earlier in the film. I just feel like it was a very unrealistic ands terrible storyline.
March 1, 2019
I love this movie so much. It greatly illustrates how much Christians are persecuted even though we make up 75% of the population. All I want to do is burn crosses and wear all white and I get called a racist bigot. This movie helps to combat people who don't approve. All of the critics who don't like this movie just need to accept that Jesus was white. This movie getting a 14% is why PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump won. Until people respect my religion and beliefs I will not stop.
February 23, 2019
I watched all three of the movies and loved them. The message is just what our country and the world for that matter needs right now.
½ February 15, 2019
The characters are so poorly developed, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers have never spoke with a single atheist.
½ February 14, 2019
Is there no way to rate something a 0? This is a large, unrealistic, and just... disgusting commercial aimed at fanaticizing people against those who don't believe what they believe. One great thing to come out of it is that I've seen both Christians (even pastors) and Athiests coming together to hate on this shallow, vapid, piece of trash movie.

This show portrays anyone who isn't Christian as evil, abusive, lechers, or just in denial... there is no middle ground, no subtly, nothing. This is just atrocious, and the fact so many people came to support it on here is somewhat terrifying to know that people are fanatical enough to believe in this message of hatred promoted in this movie.
½ February 11, 2019
It's one of those preachy "BELIEVE IN GOD OR YOU'LL GO TO HELL IF YOU DIE" movies, don't let anyone watch it.
February 7, 2019
The film tries to impress but only achieves weak and meaningless speeches, the message that was the most important to be revealed and instigated is left aside for yet another annoying speech
½ February 2, 2019
Not worth the DVD it's printed on,,,, unless you're a typical American Christian, then you'll be hooraying! All the non-Christian's are portrayed as elitist, misogynistic, judgmental, immortal, uncaring people. And in all of it there's floating stories about Christians converting from all other religions that are oppressing them. I tried to put in 0 stars, but unfortunately you have to put in a half start just to post it.
½ January 27, 2019
If you are a Christian, you'll like it. If you are an atheist, you'll hate it.
½ January 4, 2019
its scary that the audience score is 76%. Not mentioning the extreme scientific illiteracy this movie presents, it advocates turning america into a christian theocracy which goes against everything the first amendment stands for. Would give it 0 stars if i could
December 17, 2018
God's Not Dead is basically a movie version of a Chick tract. The characters are laughably over-the-top and one-dimensional, which makes it hilarious. There is no indication Josh is a skilled debater or has above-average intelligence before he gives his presentations on the existence of God, so it is not very believable (unless you assume he was suddenly inspired by the Holy Spirit, which might be the point). The movie assumes atheists are really just mad at God. In this movie's defense, some of the messages are compelling, and they appear to acknowledge the Big Bang and evolution. On the other hand, the other side is presented as a strawman.

The movie fails on so many other levels. There are pointless secondary characters and subplots that don't have anything to do with the main story and have a few loose ends. What was the point of the Rev. Jude character? I guess the movie needed to be longer than 30 minutes. Was Dean Cain driving the car that hit the professor at the end? The story would seem to demand that to tie together the story lines, but this is not clear.

The movie was interesting in that it proved for every category of entertainment, there is a crappier version catering to a built-in, undiscerning Evangelical Christian audience. For example, this movie for movie goers, and Newsboys for rock music.

Oh, and at the end, you're asked to give free promotion for the movie by texting every one of your contacts, "God's Not Dead." The last note comes off as a cynical cash grab.
December 15, 2018
oh dear what an embarrassing movie such an awful attempt to show how nice christians are and what evil people athiests or questioners are. a disaster of a movie avoid