Gridiron Gang - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gridiron Gang Reviews

October 22, 2016
The Rock's best performance by far. Even though it is a tad cliched, Gridiron Gang is a true story of second chances and redemption. Highly worth watching.
½ October 17, 2016
As far as sports movies go, this was a pretty decent film. I especially enjoyed watching Dwayne Johnson in a more serious, dramatic role unlike his usual action or comedy tropes.
½ September 2, 2016
Really inspirational in every fashion
½ June 10, 2016
Yes some moments are very low budget. Thats why its not a 5/5. But if you look past that this films is very underrated and is a very good film in the end. Led by his best acting yet Dwayne Johnson carries the film as we see the darker parts of the valley in LA about a true story of a teenagers jail who take part in high school football. There is heart, there is football and in the end there is a good movie.
May 29, 2016
This movie was great! a powerful performance by Dwayne Johnson with a great story and characters that you really care about. Many up and downs throughout the two hour experience and it really gets you emotional. highly recommended! 5/5
April 9, 2016
Very inspiring. One of the best movies I have ever seen
½ April 8, 2016
Cody Radtke
6th period
Page 1
Review for Gridiron Gang

This is a breathtaking movie about a group of individuals that are in a prison camp for all kinds of different charges, the inmates are all younger than 18. This movie gets really good when Dwayne Johnson(The Rock) sets up a football team to get the inmates to get out of the gangs and to stay off the streets. In this movie they are placed in a facility called Camp Kilpatrick in Santa Monica. At this camp all there was to do was eat, sleep, and beat up rival gang members.
The movie jumps from heartwarming to murderous without convincing us that all these delinquents need is a good coach that cares for their well being and that will show them the right road to take in life. I would rate this movie a 9 out of 10 because this movie kept all the viewers on the edge of their seat. This movie also has a good ending that is to die for. I mean the ending to Gridiron Gang is impeccable. I really enjoyed how the director of this movie used people with real issues and problems. This movie is really accurate, I say this because all the people in this movie made the same mistake that real world people struggle with.

This movie also has a very good storyline too it which keeps you entertained the whole movie. It's one of those movies where you can move your eyes from the Tv screen. You will be couch locked in a movie that gives you a real experience that you can only get from this movie. It has shootings in the street, brawls on the football field and swearing just about everywhere in this movie so if you don't mind those then you would love this movie. Now I've given you a pretty clear review of Gridiron Gang I suggest you watch the movie because nobody should miss this heartwarming, action packed movie.
Now in this review I'm going to talk about the sound effects in this movie. I brought this up because this movie has next generation sound effects that keep your eyes stuck on the Tv screen. These sound effects are straight flawless and i've never seen a movie so exciting. Now you know why I highly suggest you to watch this incredible movie. It definitely would be worth your time and therefore you should spend an afternoon watching this movie or whenever you get the free time, I would highly recommend it.
½ March 30, 2016
Great story, well done. Fun and heartfelt movie.
March 25, 2016
Gridiron Gang is indeed uplifting, inspirational, and kills time, but in the end is cliched and a bit repetitive in its nature. Storytelling elements are reused time and time again but are saved by the film's nicely made characters.
The Rock is a probation officer hoping to reach out to imprisoned gang teenagers in California by starting the Mustangs volunteer football team, building respect and character along with sports skills and teamwork. The once constantly fighting characters soon grow into teammates and brothers.
Gridiron Gang is, in a word, nice. It's wholesome, goodhearted, it's all fine and dandy but it doesn't bring a ton to the table. Perhaps the film's best feature is its acting and characters - The Rock creates a realistic, unbelievably great performance that works well with practically anyone else he corresponds with. Even some of the teen actors weren't bad. I don't even know why Xzibit's in there. The characters have gritty, originally dark gang and drug tied backgrounds that are at first shown and often mentioned by The Rock's character. It makes for a little less cliched plot, but alas, it is still cliched. The film is predictable from the minute an inspirational football team is put into place - it's a tired concept which is done good for what it is, it's just Gridiron Gang seems like just another film. The storytelling elements drag out a bit - the same old situation is brought up over again to death of threatening to give up, unneeded backstories involving estranged teens' family members, and humor that drops in at the oddest times. Not one of the great sports films, just a somewhat forgettable film.
March 23, 2016
way better than I thought it would be. Good character development. very cool.
March 9, 2016
More like iron skillet gang cuz Dwayne Johnson is cooking up something nice for you to smell
½ February 1, 2016
A very moving and powerful movie, Very entertaining, Easily one of Dwayne's best performance acting wise, Very good.
January 17, 2016
Go fuck your self you stupid bullshit ass mother fuckers, this is a great film, go fucking find a new occupation because this isn't the right one for you
½ November 1, 2015
Not a bad movie, but not one that really impacted me much either. Johnson just has to be himself to play his role well, and a few of the attempts the movie makes to try and inspire or move the audience is a bit cheesy.
½ October 15, 2015
This movie is very predictable and shows some inspiration, but often submerges into a form of negation. The acting is a mix of bad, solid, bad, and okay if that makes any sense. I feel this movie tried to hard for it was. Although I cant say this movie is utterly bad. It's okay. Just entertaining.
½ October 4, 2015
I'm a suckered for any sports movie. This gets a little better rating then may deserve.
September 21, 2015
This is by far the best Dwayne Johnson movie no matter how many times I watch it I still cry it still makes me sad so much death and triumph and it is just an amazing story
½ September 14, 2015
Decent movie. Loses half a star because the Rock didn't do the People's Elbow on some Jabroni
September 6, 2015
Good perfomances and message but the dialogue is cliche and over dramatic at a really big level