Gringo Reviews

• Sep 07, 2020

Ordinary man in extraordinary circumstances fights for justice in this comedy action movie. You will find David Oyelowo's character sympathetic but be left with a sour aftertaste regarding tropes propagated by the other characters. Where is there a nuanced female character in this movie that is not in some way damaged and over-sexualised a saint or an underdog with no agency?

• Sep 02, 2020

This was marketed as a stoner comedy which it's really not so I understand why people expecting one movie would be disappointed with the slow pace and drama. Not all the pieces fit and it does run a little long but this is a decent unique crime dramedy. The entire cast is great, David Oyelowo is amazing how he weaves the over the top comedic performance with the heart breaking moments. It's not really going for any particular genre so again, I understand why people may feel this isn't funny enough or action packed enough but I dig it. If you dig this, check out the director's fantastic show on FX, "Mr Inbetween".

• Aug 11, 2020

This is a great, uplifting, fun film which keeps up an entertaining pace throughout. I have no idea why the ratings here are so low. Performances, especially by Charlize Theron, are brilliant.

• Aug 11, 2020

Really enjoyable, 'don't-take-yourself-too-seriously' comedy. Don't know what all the uptight reviews are banging on about! Good cast, who evidently had a good time making something goofy

• Aug 10, 2020

There's moments but that's all there is.

There's moments but that's all there is.

• Jul 07, 2020

Charlize Theron is always worth watching. Gringo character were not.

Charlize Theron is always worth watching. Gringo character were not.

• Jun 09, 2020

Tuve que acelerar la reproducción para terminar de verla, excesivo tiempo para personajes desabridos, una pérdida de tiempo total.

• Apr 19, 2020

This was an entertaining movie! I loved the actors and I liked the story a tad bit predictable, but in the age of countless remakes this was an absolute surprise. I liked it a lot I am surprised on the rating.

• Mar 09, 2020

I've lost a part of my life that I will never get back.

I've lost a part of my life that I will never get back.

• Dec 30, 2019

A mad, sad, weird romp. Very 1980s screenplay in terms of stereotypes but also pulls off some super-anti-stereotypes. Worth a watch.