Hall Pass Reviews

• Feb 07, 2021

It's funny. Nothing ground-breaking.

It's funny. Nothing ground-breaking.

• Oct 24, 2020

The Farrelly Brothers could not resist themselves from bringing in occasional gross-out humor casually, but it is mostly charismatic amusement fueling average decent hilarity before morally reflecting sappily to correct what the concept skeptically ridicules. (B)

• Sep 27, 2020

Story/Screenplay: (2/5) Painfully juvenile. Duration/Tempo: (3.5/5) At 1 hour and 45 minutes, it's an average length movie that felt about the same or a tad shorter. Pacing was good for a comedy. Cast & Crew: (3.5/5) Overall, the cast was fine. Bad story, but a decent cast. Summary: (3/5) The cast was good and the film felt shorter than it actually was, but the story was poor. A thumbs down.

• Aug 31, 2020

Owen Wilson does good in this

Owen Wilson does good in this

• Aug 02, 2020

I had to give my opinion on this movie because these ratings don't make no sense. Comedy is the most difficult genre to make in the movie business. So when a comedy is funny enough to be enjoyable, it's good enough. A comedy doesn't have to be hilariously funny to be good, as long as it is enjoyable. This is the second time I watched it and I enjoyed it like the first time. It's an interesting plot. The movie is well made. The actors did a really good job. And there are many funny moments. So what do you need more? Just watch it without expecting it to be hilarious and you will definitely like it.

• Jun 27, 2020

Good watch, will watch again, and can recommend for dirt humor fans. The premise of what will this old married idiots do without there wives is fun, but it is a little predictable in spots. That said, it's wildly unpredictable in others. The biggest weakest of this one is that it tries to be wholesome and round out the relationship from both sides while being a boys club movie and it clashes a bit there. I think the dirt humor boys club would probably be a better version. Hell, the best joke in the movie is during the credits, like a 90 minute punchline.

• Jun 15, 2020

This was really funny and refreshing.

This was really funny and refreshing.

• May 16, 2020

This movie is just dumb and unrealistic.

This movie is just dumb and unrealistic.

• Mar 23, 2020

2011: Two wives get tired of their husbands leering and talking about other women, so they decide to allow the husbands a "Hall Pass" to do anything they want for one week. The men slowly realize the errors of their ways, while the wives end up getting more attention that they bargained for. Lots of likable folks in this movie. Richard Jenkins is very funny as a lothario friend of the guys. Movie starts out fine, but kindly careens off the track in the final third. Still worth a look. Stars: Owen Wilson, Jason Sudeikis, Jenna Fischer, Christina Applegate. Richard Jenkins, and Nicky Whalen.

• Mar 04, 2020

Stupid , but funny comedy! I crack up every time I see it! I haven’t see this in years and I crack up all the time!!