Hancock Reviews

• 5d ago

A kinda off putting character with okay story

A kinda off putting character with okay story

• Oct 16, 2020

A great movie that's heartfelt, funny, and energetic. Fantastic performances all around, especially from Smith. The special effects and action sequences were sub-par. A good superhero movie that definitely breaks the mould.

• Sep 12, 2020

Good movie. The first hour is hilarious and Hancock is easy to root for. It's the last part that gets a little convoluted in its attempt to explain who Hancock andhis beloved actually are. The whole tone of the movie shifts. But Smith's charisma makes the movie enjoyable. It's far better than any of Henry Cavill's Superman fiascos.

• Sep 05, 2020

I really like Will Smith so yeah I like this

I really like Will Smith so yeah I like this

• Aug 15, 2020

Hancock mixes syfy with comedy and some unexpected actions from a would-be hero!

• Jul 16, 2020

It starts as a satirical and intelligent commentary on superhero tropes, but by the half it radically shifts in tone and premise, and ends up as a tonaly confusing, narratively convoluted and formulaic mess.

• Jun 22, 2020

Some good ideas but the film fails because it twists make little sense and it becomes what it so strongly wants to avoid being, a weak superhero film.

• Jun 19, 2020

Hancock, directed by Peter Berg, was his own, original take on a superhero film. If we're being honest, it didn't pack much weight at all. Will Smith is the reason why this movie didn't completely flop. From the start, I caught the notion that everyone behind the camera just didn't really care all that much; They basically let Will Smith, be Will Smith, and just carry the movie with his stature. The narrative on it's own was a big issue. It had such a choppy flow, being super fast paced, with little - to - no setup. The script by Vincent Ngo & Vince Gilligan was pretty funny, but lacked wit, and powerful dialogue scenes. If this movie was more of Will Smith cracking tongue and cheek jokes, and fighting bad guys, it probably would've been better. Jason Bateman & Charlize Theron did their best to compliment Smith, but the character developments they tried to display during the second act, wasn't all that good, or necessary. Theron was just a plot device until the third act, with her character becoming short lived. I was fond of Jae Head's performance, for what little meaning he had. For his first motion picture, he does very well, and seems to be a favorable young actor on the rise. The effects and action sequences were done pretty amateurishly, feeling too cartoonish, and sloppy.

• Jun 14, 2020

Filme subestimado, com um universo grande em potencial.

Filme subestimado, com um universo grande em potencial.

• Jun 05, 2020

I love this movie. This movie is for those who like action-packed superhero movies and scenes of endless laughter, it's sad that they never made the sequel to this movie again.