Happy Feet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Happy Feet Reviews

December 24, 2017
Watching even five minutes should be banned by the Geneva Convention. And the CG looks dated, even for 2006.
½ December 18, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Sumamente entretenido y divertido, con un gran mensaje sobre conciencia medio-ambiental, Happy Feet es una película que todos la deben ver.
October 4, 2017
It was just incredibly sad, first he can't sing, then he is rejected by his "people" and then he is captured and put into captivity and basically goes insane but is angry about over-fishing. So was this a preachy "save-the-planet" movie? Or a kid's cartoon?
September 29, 2017
With giddy musical numbers, eccentric characters and thrilling animation, some may feel unexpectedly led by its ultimate agenda, but there's no question to this being a fun and unique animated film.
September 24, 2017
Good animated movie.
September 5, 2017
From the director of the Mad Max movies comes a nice, amiable animated movie about integrity, the consequences of overfishing and equality. While it can be a bit weird sometimes, I was still delighted with the movie throughout. Not as bad as some make it out to be. After all, this movie won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature because people saw Cars as kind of "meh" and Monster House was...too scary for children...I guess? The animation is lovely, the voice cast is great, baby penguins in the movie are adorable and the music is toe-tapping with an amazing tap-dancing sequence + that Stevie Wonder song in one instance. My favourite scene in the entire movie. C'mon, everyone has a favourite scene in a movie, even a terrible one and "the credits rolling" doesn't count. There is some stereotyping but I mostly forgave it. There are also other scenes I loved including Mumble and his friends sliding down. Makes me think of an amusement park. I'd kill to see a 4D version of that stuff. Happy Feet: the movie that can be weird sometimes and stereotypical but nice visuals, awesome musical sequences, a talented voice cast and an environmentally-friendly message along with a few others regarding wanting to fit in since you're the outsider just might give you...well, happy feet.
September 3, 2017
I often like children's films/books because they are easy to watch and often have adventure and use comedy. This felt obviously aimed at pre-school children to me and was just too simple. The plot was very basic but drawn out. I just couldn't watch it all. I see at 1hr50 it seems quite long for the age it appears aimed at. There was humour in places but not enough or enough of anything to keep it interesting or entertaining for me. A disappointment as it seemed to get a fair amount of hype.
August 16, 2017
A piece of political correctness schlop. Skip this. Too violent for kids. And too insulting to those too old to be brainwashed by this "movie".
August 14, 2017
Happy Feet made me want to club a bunch of penguins, and I don't think that's the reaction the filmmakers were hoping for. This movie starts out annoying, then it gets boring and then it becomes really preachy. The songs are corny, the voice acting is cheesy and the story is clichéd and awful. Seriously, Academy? You picked this as the Best Animated Feature of 2006?
August 9, 2017
A CGI marvel, Happy Feet not only serves as a good musical but also as a reminder of how nature and humans suffer to co-exist.
½ July 21, 2017
I find myself unable to watch the first ten minutes of this film without getting distracted. The plot is awkward and minimal. It's cute, but so are all kids' films.
July 18, 2017
Good Music and funny
½ July 6, 2017
Happy Feet is directed and co-written by George Miller, and it stats Elijah Wood, Brittany Murphy, Robin Williams, Hugh Jackman, and Nicole Kidman in an animated film about a penguin that is different from the other penguins in that he couldn't sing, but he can dance with his feet, which he wants to fit in and try what he can out of the limited fish there is. I was looking through my Netflix list to see what will be child-friendly for my young cousin that is in the same room, and I come across this film and pretty much thought it's as good as it can get, and while my cousin didn't watch it, I did, and like it in the end. The voice acting is really good, and whether they have singing voices or other singing people that portray them, but they sounded great. The animation is very pretty to look at, although at times it looked pretty dated. The characters are decent, nothing that's memorable, and the song choices are fitting. The story is surprisingly well-thought out that has an interesting message in the end. The humor got some laughs out of me, but it's not as funny as I thought was going to be. The adults aren't going to be invested in this film, but they'll end up liking it with the kids, which the kids would like more in terms of cute penguins, dancing, and singing songs. Happy Feet is a really good movie that I'm not going to watch again, but I'm glad I've seen it.
½ June 27, 2017
Not much to say with this film besides the fact that Animallogic's animation is fantastic. I went to their studios for work experience and enjoyed every minute of it.
June 13, 2017
Made my feet happy, too.
½ June 6, 2017
I get it, this film is not perfect, theres a lot of plot holes and story issues, but personally, I've seen this movie several times and never got tired of it. Happy Feet is a feel-good, distinct animated film thats visually delightful, has a nice romantic story and a thoughtful, well-constructed message to it. While the songs are not original, their still very catchy, and their enjoyable to listen to in this kind of film. For me, it's hard not to love Happy Feet.
½ June 1, 2017
Happy Feet is a fun film that gets the feet tapping, but not the heart stirring. A predictable environmental warning feels crammed in and unnecessary.
½ May 11, 2017
Built off a fun concept, an outstanding cast, kinetic direction, excellent animation, and intriguing commentary Happy Feet is the rare example of a kids movie the whole family can enjoy.
Grade: A-
½ May 8, 2017
The misfit story is a bit disjointed and unoriginal with some questionable plot elements, and the characters -- while likable for who they are -- are admittedly cliche and not complex enough. However, the singing and dancing sequences are quite delightful to watch, and the animation is some of the most epic that has ever been displayed on film.
½ May 4, 2017
I honestly thought it was pretty stupid. Cheesy and obnoxious song and dance with animated penguins. (First and only viewing - In my early twenties)