Happy Feet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Happy Feet Reviews

½ June 27, 2017
Not much to say with this film besides the fact that Animallogic's animation is fantastic. I went to their studios for work experience and enjoyed every minute of it.
June 13, 2017
Made my feet happy, too.
½ June 6, 2017
I get it, this film is not perfect, theres a lot of plot holes and story issues, but personally, I've seen this movie several times and never got tired of it. Happy Feet is a feel-good, distinct animated film thats visually delightful, has a nice romantic story and a thoughtful, well-constructed message to it. While the songs are not original, their still very catchy, and their enjoyable to listen to in this kind of film. For me, it's hard not to love Happy Feet.
½ June 1, 2017
Happy Feet is a fun film that gets the feet tapping, but not the heart stirring. A predictable environmental warning feels crammed in and unnecessary.
½ May 11, 2017
Built off a fun concept, an outstanding cast, kinetic direction, excellent animation, and intriguing commentary Happy Feet is the rare example of a kids movie the whole family can enjoy.
Grade: A-
May 10, 2017
Great cgi and character development is all that can be said about this film.Some could argue that the should not have put pop culture song's in a movie like this,but here,it is done right!
½ May 8, 2017
The misfit story is a bit disjointed and unoriginal with some questionable plot elements, and the characters -- while likable for who they are -- are admittedly cliche and not complex enough. However, the singing and dancing sequences are quite delightful to watch, and the animation is some of the most epic that has ever been displayed on film.
½ May 4, 2017
I honestly thought it was pretty stupid. Cheesy and obnoxious song and dance with animated penguins. (First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
April 24, 2017
Just to let you know I have seen this film and I got to say, I love it. Its really has a great story, awesome animation ,well thought out characters and nice songs. It's actually rare finding bird movies that have animation ,but this one's really good
April 15, 2017
Great music and beautiful animation! Truly underappreciated film.
April 12, 2017
I know I change my review often, but I always think of better things to say about this film!
Lush animation accompanied by a highly unexpected storyline and many hidden elements, this is one of the deepest and richest animated films ever, exploring a multitude of themes and ideas, from acceptance, family, love, anti-conformism, religion, environmental awareness, and to some measure, sex, as well as some more out-of-this-world ideas such as contact with "Alien" life forms.
But somehow, these offend people. Personally, I cannot see why. The film has a deep message for all of us, it is meant to make us think about what we are doing. But clearly, some people could not care less what we do to destroy the world. Herein lies one of the more moving scenes in the film, the humans arguing amongst themselves about this issue.
Thus, I have little more to say, other than this is an incredibly deep film, and something everyone should watch at least once in their lifetime. I can go on and on about the movie for ages, but fact of the matter is that it is an experience that should be seen, not described.
March 16, 2017
Happy Feet will make you dance, but it feels more like another eco-environmental film
March 1, 2017
its not as cute as it looks
February 4, 2017
A good animated movie with heart and soul, and a satisfying theme.
January 28, 2017
I hate the animation style and the incessant penguin karaoke.
½ January 26, 2017
Happy Feet (2006) - is a charming and sweet little film that manages to sneak in some very clever ideas and well meaning messages. The story is basic and could have been easily juvenile, but they tell it in such a compelling way without having to go harsh or too cheesy. You really do care about what the characters are feeling. I have to give this movie major props because it really does capture the spirit of being in antarctica as well as the life of a penguin. I really like the way they establish heart song as a meaning of religion and how it's important to the penguin colony. The film does incorporate familiar pop songs into the movie but they aren't used as a distraction and the songs really help out show the emotion of each of the characters whether it be singing or dancing. There's also a side plot about Mumble learning about aliens stealing fish from the arctic. The great thing about this, is that it works along with the rest of the story and it helps balance out with the main story with mumble trying to fit in. In fact I won't spoil but when Mumble does meet the aliens it's almost shocking in a way that still blows me away even to this day. Once that scene happened, the movie suddenly became a whole different thing and it almost feels genius in a way of what we actually thought was happening. The characters are lovable and really help boast a great amount of comedy and sometimes drama. Mumble himself is very sweet but also somewhat of a risk taker. Some of the decisions he makes can lead to consequences both good and bad. The late Robin Williams voices a few characters and he definitely knows how to pull of comedy but also a smart amount of seriousness. Mumbles parents are understandable and they really do show some good amount of pain throughout the film and Gloria is a kind but also sassy love interest. All the characters are understandable and they do have a purpose in serving the movie.The most Impressive aspect of the movie has to be the animation. The movie was released in 2006 and even by today's standards it looks amazingly realistic. I like how mumble looks like a life sized baby penguin compared to the rest of the colony, the rest of the animals in the arctic are downright amazingly detailed and the background animation is gorgeous as well as it is breathtaking. This is the kind of animated film that no matter how many times I watch the animation never fades or gets old. You should definitely see this film if you love penguins or if you love animated films in general cause this film will have your feet dancing to the music every time (A)
January 16, 2017
Happy Feet is a charming and visually brilliant animated film, with entertaining characters and a clever story.
January 13, 2017
I am very picky about animation films as I have gotten older and enjoy adults a lot more. However every few years there is usually an animation film that most impresses me. Although I had missed it during its time, I recently caught this film Happy feet and it turned out to be one hell of a well made animation film!
The story of Happy Feet revolves around mubble a penguin who unlike the many other penguins doesn't have a heartsong no singing skills what so ever. He does have a incredible skill of tap dancing but that doesn't sit over well with his clan. He one day comes across a gang of Spanish penguins and thus a wild adventure begins that may lead to his people changing their minds about the fact that his tap dancing "just aint penguin."
This was cute but also hilarious. It is a lot of fun for the whole family. Really fun musical and tap dance numbers. I can't believe this is a George miller production would have never expected him to tackle material for kids. shows his versatility as a director in subject matter he can tackle.
Solid animation of these penguins, there rapid movement and culture and even the antartic. However the most impressive animation was on the humans it looked it was live action and animation mixed together. The score overall was fantastic in here and the cinematography and camera movement were extraordinary. very interesting script it didn't seem childish at all there was so much coolness and fun to the story.
the voice acting was tremendous. Elijah wood did a fine job playing this spuky, hyper active penguin mumble. he has such a young sounding voice that it goes perfectly with this character. Robin Williams narrating was great! It was a shame he never narrated more stories he had a really distinctive narration voice here. He also did a phenomenal job playing so many voices in here his voice changing ability was uncanny. Brittany murphy was very good here as well. Her singing was very impressive and she seemed to have fun here tackling this character.
This film had the best ending to an animation film that I've seen in years. this is one of the finest animation films you will ever see. It is incredibly well done and with so much heart to it.
January 6, 2017
Happy feet in my opinion is good
½ November 22, 2016
Fantastic family comedy with great music.