Happy Feet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Happy Feet Reviews

½ July 21, 2017
I find myself unable to watch the first ten minutes of this film without getting distracted. The plot is awkward and minimal. It's cute, but so are all kids' films.
July 18, 2017
Good Music and funny
½ July 6, 2017
Happy Feet is directed and co-written by George Miller, and it stats Elijah Wood, Brittany Murphy, Robin Williams, Hugh Jackman, and Nicole Kidman in an animated film about a penguin that is different from the other penguins in that he couldn't sing, but he can dance with his feet, which he wants to fit in and try what he can out of the limited fish there is. I was looking through my Netflix list to see what will be child-friendly for my young cousin that is in the same room, and I come across this film and pretty much thought it's as good as it can get, and while my cousin didn't watch it, I did, and like it in the end. The voice acting is really good, and whether they have singing voices or other singing people that portray them, but they sounded great. The animation is very pretty to look at, although at times it looked pretty dated. The characters are decent, nothing that's memorable, and the song choices are fitting. The story is surprisingly well-thought out that has an interesting message in the end. The humor got some laughs out of me, but it's not as funny as I thought was going to be. The adults aren't going to be invested in this film, but they'll end up liking it with the kids, which the kids would like more in terms of cute penguins, dancing, and singing songs. Happy Feet is a really good movie that I'm not going to watch again, but I'm glad I've seen it.
½ June 27, 2017
Not much to say with this film besides the fact that Animallogic's animation is fantastic. I went to their studios for work experience and enjoyed every minute of it.
June 13, 2017
Made my feet happy, too.
½ June 6, 2017
I get it, this film is not perfect, theres a lot of plot holes and story issues, but personally, I've seen this movie several times and never got tired of it. Happy Feet is a feel-good, distinct animated film thats visually delightful, has a nice romantic story and a thoughtful, well-constructed message to it. While the songs are not original, their still very catchy, and their enjoyable to listen to in this kind of film. For me, it's hard not to love Happy Feet.
½ June 1, 2017
Happy Feet is a fun film that gets the feet tapping, but not the heart stirring. A predictable environmental warning feels crammed in and unnecessary.
½ May 11, 2017
Built off a fun concept, an outstanding cast, kinetic direction, excellent animation, and intriguing commentary Happy Feet is the rare example of a kids movie the whole family can enjoy.
Grade: A-
May 10, 2017
Great cgi and character development is all that can be said about this film.Some could argue that the should not have put pop culture song's in a movie like this,but here,it is done right!
½ May 8, 2017
The misfit story is a bit disjointed and unoriginal with some questionable plot elements, and the characters -- while likable for who they are -- are admittedly cliche and not complex enough. However, the singing and dancing sequences are quite delightful to watch, and the animation is some of the most epic that has ever been displayed on film.
½ May 4, 2017
I honestly thought it was pretty stupid. Cheesy and obnoxious song and dance with animated penguins. (First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
April 24, 2017
Just to let you know I have seen this film and I got to say, I love it. Its really has a great story, awesome animation ,well thought out characters and nice songs. It's actually rare finding bird movies that have animation ,but this one's really good
April 15, 2017
Great music and beautiful animation! Truly underappreciated film.
April 12, 2017
I know I change my review often, but I always think of better things to say about this film!
Lush animation accompanied by a highly unexpected storyline and many hidden elements, this is one of the deepest and richest animated films ever, exploring a multitude of themes and ideas, from acceptance, family, love, anti-conformism, religion, environmental awareness, and to some measure, sex, as well as some more out-of-this-world ideas such as contact with "Alien" life forms.
But somehow, these offend people. Personally, I cannot see why. The film has a deep message for all of us, it is meant to make us think about what we are doing. But clearly, some people could not care less what we do to destroy the world. Herein lies one of the more moving scenes in the film, the humans arguing amongst themselves about this issue.
Thus, I have little more to say, other than this is an incredibly deep film, and something everyone should watch at least once in their lifetime. I can go on and on about the movie for ages, but fact of the matter is that it is an experience that should be seen, not described.
March 16, 2017
Happy Feet will make you dance, but it feels more like another eco-environmental film
March 1, 2017
its not as cute as it looks
February 4, 2017
A good animated movie with heart and soul, and a satisfying theme.
January 28, 2017
I hate the animation style and the incessant penguin karaoke.
½ January 26, 2017
Happy Feet (2006) - is a charming and sweet little film that manages to sneak in some very clever ideas and well meaning messages. The story is basic and could have been easily juvenile, but they tell it in such a compelling way without having to go harsh or too cheesy. You really do care about what the characters are feeling. I have to give this movie major props because it really does capture the spirit of being in antarctica as well as the life of a penguin. I really like the way they establish heart song as a meaning of religion and how it's important to the penguin colony. The film does incorporate familiar pop songs into the movie but they aren't used as a distraction and the songs really help out show the emotion of each of the characters whether it be singing or dancing. There's also a side plot about Mumble learning about aliens stealing fish from the arctic. The great thing about this, is that it works along with the rest of the story and it helps balance out with the main story with mumble trying to fit in. In fact I won't spoil but when Mumble does meet the aliens it's almost shocking in a way that still blows me away even to this day. Once that scene happened, the movie suddenly became a whole different thing and it almost feels genius in a way of what we actually thought was happening. The characters are lovable and really help boast a great amount of comedy and sometimes drama. Mumble himself is very sweet but also somewhat of a risk taker. Some of the decisions he makes can lead to consequences both good and bad. The late Robin Williams voices a few characters and he definitely knows how to pull of comedy but also a smart amount of seriousness. Mumbles parents are understandable and they really do show some good amount of pain throughout the film and Gloria is a kind but also sassy love interest. All the characters are understandable and they do have a purpose in serving the movie.The most Impressive aspect of the movie has to be the animation. The movie was released in 2006 and even by today's standards it looks amazingly realistic. I like how mumble looks like a life sized baby penguin compared to the rest of the colony, the rest of the animals in the arctic are downright amazingly detailed and the background animation is gorgeous as well as it is breathtaking. This is the kind of animated film that no matter how many times I watch the animation never fades or gets old. You should definitely see this film if you love penguins or if you love animated films in general cause this film will have your feet dancing to the music every time (A)
January 16, 2017
Happy Feet is a charming and visually brilliant animated film, with entertaining characters and a clever story.