Harold and Maude Reviews

• 6d ago

I have seen this movie at least 6 times, and it is just as good now as when I first saw it in 1971. Cat Steven's music was why I first went to see the movie, but the story and Bud Cort's and Ruth Gordon's performances drew me into the movie. Left the movie feeling good.

• Jun 02, 2019

Loved this movie! One of my all time favorites and the music by Cat Stevens is great.

• May 23, 2019

Moving, funny, and strange, it's amazing how modern Harold and Maude feels while also being a gleaming early-70s period piece. Director Ashby, actors Gordon and Cort, and musician Cat Stevens come together to tell an unconventional love story and in doing so create a film that perfects the indie movie template way ahead of its time.

• Mar 27, 2019

I think I love Maude.

I think I love Maude.

• Mar 22, 2019

A wonderful movie full of dark humor and wonder truly a great movie but also sad

• Jan 13, 2019

Epic and ageless, with wonderfully quirky characters and an oddest storyline. One of my favorites.

• Jan 09, 2019

Harold and Maude is delightfully heartfelt, funny, and has a great soundtrack. A must see film for anyone who hasn't seen it.

• Nov 12, 2018

ONE of the greatest EVER!!!!! A classic for some and a UBER classic to most! (Clue the rating isn't higher because some people were sketched out by the whole old OLD lady with a kid! WRONG!!!!

• Oct 08, 2018

the San francisco bay area in the 70's, cat stevens soundtrack and the dark comedy of colin higgins make for a really fun 90 minute ride! In a hearse, of course!

• Sep 07, 2018

Great to see such an off-the-beaten-path classic make the list of top movies!

Great to see such an off-the-beaten-path classic make the list of top movies!