High-Rise Reviews

• Oct 23, 2019

An economics sidestep to 2012's Dredd.

An economics sidestep to 2012's Dredd.

• Oct 03, 2019

Great adaptation or a book that it's very unsettling and difficult to bring to the screen. Great acting and photography. I definitely enjoyed it.

• Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Aug 25, 2019

I think I must be too stupid to appreciate it fully.

I think I must be too stupid to appreciate it fully.

• Aug 10, 2019

The most pretentious film and poorly told story I've ever seen on screen. So uninvolving you really did give a damn what happens to anyone of the characters in it. Thank god i didn't pay to see it at my local arthouse.

• Jul 02, 2019

One of the stupidest movies I have ever seen.

One of the stupidest movies I have ever seen.

• May 24, 2019

Great fim about the social structure

Great fim about the social structure

• May 01, 2019

A stupid, senseless movie and a complete waste of time. High-Rise is a confusing mess with bad acting and editing.

• Feb 10, 2019

More slightly wide of the mark flawed genius from Wheatley. An impressive piece of filmmaking, but the attempts to make a tired old theme relevant to the present day just don't come off. Enjoy the darkly stylised world for itself, if this is your genre, but don't expect a wake up call for the real world.

• Feb 08, 2019

What did I just watch? And why did I keep watching it? The best part of the movie was all of the material destruction. I kept thinking "who on this film has to clean all of this crap up. Certainly not Tom or Sienna". What a mess. Literally and conceptually. I can't imagine anyone much liking this film. Even as a future cult favorite. Too disjointed, nonsensical, with insulting sex because humans turn to the basics in crisis, I get it, and animal cruelty. The pool scene could have been fun and gained momentum for the movie but the screenwriter or director couldn't even get that right. There are way better messes than this one. Find them before you watch this.

• Jan 13, 2019

tough book to adapt as a movie, and sadly mr Wheatley did not do a good job of it. nice performances by evans and hiddleston, but that's about the only positive thing coming to my mind. as for people complaining about the dog abuse and the violence, the book's full of it, so i don't really see it as a problem.