The Hills Have Eyes 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hills Have Eyes 2 Reviews

½ June 3, 2018
The 2006 remake of Wes Craven's 1977 cult classic is still one of my favorite horror movies. It was shocking, violent and very entertaining. But this sequel is the complete opposite. It's just a lazy and clichéd horror flick, which is far from decent, du to a sloppy screenplay and the lack of memorable characters. The whole production feels rushed and half-assed. And even though disgusting gore and body parts are everywhere in this film, it fails to have the same shock value that the first film had, it barely has any scares, and overall, just makes for an embarrassing and disappointing sequel...
February 23, 2018
terrible!
doesnt bring anything new to the table
yes its more violent and bloodier but the cast and tone of the movie throw it overboard
January 8, 2018
Cliched and unoriginal, The Hills Have Eyes 2 is a significant step down from the previous film. It's much better than The Hills Have Eyes Part 2 (1985), but that's not saying much. The acting is pretty good, and the film does have its moments, but they're not enough to justify watching it more than once.
January 7, 2018
Love this film, and love this series - why did they only stop at two films?! It's a continuation of what we loved from the first movie; a group of mutated cannibals that prey on human flesh (more as revenge for their nuclear testing deformities as opposed to feeding purposes). This time they are let loose upon a group of rookie army trainees who are quickly deployed on a search and rescue mission following their predecessors disappearance. As you would guess, one by one they are picked off like a face full of puss filled spots, only this involves a lot more blood and gore. With more characters both in terms of the hillbillies, and the rescuers, there is a lot more action than the first film, with less build up and more entertainment. There's no link to the original despite the fact that you would have presumed the area would have been investigated following the survivors from the first film having informed the authorities?! However, as that doesn't have appeared to have been the case, we thankfully get to view a very amusing sequel. It's one of those that makes you cringe as every death involves some comical method of finally ending ones life, never with it being a simple bullet to the heart. The acting is decent and each character has his or her own traits that give them all a meaningful purpose. Given the ending, it's easily open to another sequel and I'd eagerly anticipate that with relish, so despite the fact it's been about years since this latest instalment, I'll still keep my fingers firmly crossed.
June 8, 2017
Some good actions but still a bad film and a lot of the effects are laughable
½ February 2, 2017
Not bad as far as horror flicks go, just not populated by the most interesting characters... on either side of the moral fence.
November 30, 2016
3/5. Pretty much exactly whatI expected but Hills 2 has a few decent scares, scenes, gore, and characters. Survival-horror is my favorite genre and this one fits the bill. It won't blow your mind or anything, but it's still horrible in a fun way.
½ November 21, 2016
ok movie not nearly as good as the original
½ October 22, 2016
Decent sequel, lots of gory and gross-out gags. Not much to it but what's on the surface. But I like that it goes in its own direction with the premise, rather than just parrot the originals, like the first one did.
October 12, 2016
Great flick, at least it didn't get slaughtered in the making like sequel's usually do. This movie is pretty good.
September 30, 2016
Nasty, yucky yet still scary... a guilty pleasure!.
August 27, 2016
Plain and simple a bad horror movie. Weird looking creatures and some gore, but nothing new or fun here.
August 9, 2016
So fucking bad. One of the dumbest films I've ever seen. I think I lost brain cells watching this.
August 2, 2016
Pointless sequel that adds nothing
jamrcla
½ July 6, 2016
Better than the first thanks to some good action scenes but again it's the same old plot, Same old jumps and it's quickly forgotten.
May 22, 2016
loved it. it was a really good movie :D
April 4, 2016
"The Hills Have Eyes 2" doesn't bring the thrills that the original series and the first remake offered, and when they line up a bunch of dumb-down soldiers as your only hope, you start to look for the exit yourself before anything stupid happens.
March 24, 2016
Gross, predictable, boring, and unscary.
March 15, 2016
It's a really bad movie and it wasn't enjoyable at all
½ March 13, 2016
Typical sequel and further unnecessary sexual content