The Hills Have Eyes 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hills Have Eyes 2 Reviews

November 30, 2016
3/5. Pretty much exactly whatI expected but Hills 2 has a few decent scares, scenes, gore, and characters. Survival-horror is my favorite genre and this one fits the bill. It won't blow your mind or anything, but it's still horrible in a fun way.
½ November 21, 2016
ok movie not nearly as good as the original
½ October 22, 2016
Decent sequel, lots of gory and gross-out gags. Not much to it but what's on the surface. But I like that it goes in its own direction with the premise, rather than just parrot the originals, like the first one did.
October 12, 2016
Great flick, at least it didn't get slaughtered in the making like sequel's usually do. This movie is pretty good.
September 30, 2016
Nasty, yucky yet still scary... a guilty pleasure!.
August 27, 2016
Plain and simple a bad horror movie. Weird looking creatures and some gore, but nothing new or fun here.
August 9, 2016
So fucking bad. One of the dumbest films I've ever seen. I think I lost brain cells watching this.
August 2, 2016
Pointless sequel that adds nothing
jamrcla
½ July 6, 2016
Better than the first thanks to some good action scenes but again it's the same old plot, Same old jumps and it's quickly forgotten.
May 22, 2016
loved it. it was a really good movie :D
April 4, 2016
"The Hills Have Eyes 2" doesn't bring the thrills that the original series and the first remake offered, and when they line up a bunch of dumb-down soldiers as your only hope, you start to look for the exit yourself before anything stupid happens.
March 24, 2016
Gross, predictable, boring, and unscary.
March 15, 2016
It's a really bad movie and it wasn't enjoyable at all
½ March 13, 2016
Typical sequel and further unnecessary sexual content
January 22, 2016
Bad acting and production, has blood and gore to please gore fans
½ October 25, 2015
Not a bad sequel. Derek Mears!
October 5, 2015
Do not know what I was hoping for out of this movie but it was not a fun,memorable time to be had that's for sure.
September 7, 2015
This sequel to the ferocious 2006 remake of Wes Craven's 1977 Classic of the same name is nowhere as good as its predecessor but it works in many ways and it is still entertaining and scary despite not reaching the same point as its ferocious, wild and blood curdling predecessor. This chilling sequel to the 2006 Hills Have Eyes remake takes place after the events of the first film when the ill fated Carter family was attacked by the inbred cannibalistic mutants in the New Mexico desert. This time a group of military trainees are supporting a group of Scientists in the same area where the Carter family was slaughtered. But soon when the soldiers arrive in the camp and find no one active in the area they soon learn that the remaining mutants are about to kill them and the mutant Patriarch this time is not just looking for a quick bite but he is also looking for Female breeders to continue his family line. Like I said I enjoyed this sequel to the 2006 remake even though it doesn't reach the same height and point as its predecessor and both movies are watchable in terms of their style despite the execution of both films being a bit different. One of the things that I like about this movie is that the film still takes place in the same location where the first film also took place but in different areas. Since in the previous film we get to see the place where the former residents use to live before it was blown to shreds by the atomic bomb from the Government. This time its in the same location but a different area. Now we get to see the mutants or cannibals turf and we get to see lots of impressive views of the mountains of New Mexico and we get to see the other mutants and how they survive and how they kill their victims and I think that's a smart idea for a sequel. The other things I like about this movie is that this film is packed with a lot of scenes that are in times scary, creepy, tense and full of suspense(The opening scene with a pregnant lady giving birth to a mutant baby, the suspenceful sequence where the Scientists are attacked by the mutants, the intense scene where the mutants cut the rope while two soldiers are climbing down, Scenes in the Mutants turf which is deep in the mines, the scene where Chameleon sneaks up behind one of the soldiers before taking the soldier to their lair and the intense finale where the remaining soldiers fight against the leader Papa Hades) and while it doesn't capture the ferociousness of its predecessor this sequel still has a lot of impressive scenes that still worked well. The other things that I like about this film is that this movie also has more kills and the kills are just as graphic, brutal and creative as its predecessor and half of the kills are even bloodier and gorier plus there are tons of extremely graphic and gruesome scenes as well(The opening kill sequence where the Scientist gets axed in the face, the scene where Colonel Redding gets impaled with a big long spear, the intense and suspenceful scene where a soldier gets sucked straight into a small hole, the gruesome amputation of a soldier before falling to his death, lots of brutal stabbings and extreme head crushing scenes, an extreme close up of an eye getting ripped out and the bloody finale where the soldier shoots the mutant leader in the head and then he grabs the female soldier and she touches the part where she shot the leader in an extremely gruesome and super graphic way because you get to see an extreme close up of a finger touching the nasty wound of a mutant's head plus I love the Bayonette scene where one of the soldiers finish off the mutant leader by impaling the leader in the mouth with the Bayonette) and almost half of the kills are sick and very very graphic and gory at the same time. I also love the incredible cinematography of Sam McCurdy(The Descent) which gives the film a dark and claustrophobic look. All of the scenes inside the mines are so claustrophobic and it gives you the feeling of claustrophobia on the inside when you see those scenes in the film plus the soundtrack by Trevor Morris(Olympus Has Fallen) is great nowhere as good as the one that Tomandandy composed for the 2006 remake but it comes close. The Cannibals or Mutants which ever feels comfortable for people to call them on the other hand are one of the last things I like about this movie. And even though they don't look as believable as in the previous film. The Mutants are still intense, scary and horrific in times as well. Almost all of the Cannibals are ugly and frightening. Chameleon though was a cool mutant I love how he can camouflage in the rocks and it was pretty crazy and cool to see that type of Mutant in this movie while the leader Papa Hades is the most aggressive one out of all the mutants in the film and that mutant is the scariest out of the Mutants in the film because Papa Hades is aggressive, wild and strong plus scary at the same time(Check out the scene in the finale where he fights the three remaining soldiers or the scene where he aggressively assaults and beats the other female soldier) the mutants in this movie may not be believable as in the previous film but they are still frightening and terrifying. Now the acting is great in this film. You get to see a few well known casts in this movie and they deliver good performances. But the casts who portrayed the Mutants are the ones who delivered the best performances in the movie. You got the great Derek Mears(who is well known for his portrayal as Jason Voorhes in the Friday The 13th reboot) as the freaky Chameleon and of course returning actor Michael Bailey Smith as a different mutant this time, in the previous film he portrayed the wild and yet childish Pluto but this time he portrays the leader Papa Hades and he is so buffed up, huge and terrifying as well. Director Martin Weisz did a good job with his work on this movie and he managed to turn the screenplay of father and son team Wes Craven and his son Jonathan Craven into a grueling, scary and bloody Horror film that delivers lots of thrills and loads of extreme gore to satisfy a lot of Horror buffs. Also speaking of Wes Craven. It is so nice that Wes Craven wrote the screenplay for this film just like what he did when he wrote the screenplay for A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors here he did a good job with it once again this time with his son Jonathan Craven and they both did a terrific job and created something extremely unique and original at the same time. Overall The Hills Have Eyes 2 is just as good as its predecessor even though it doesn't hold a candle to its ferocious and wild predecessor because it is still entertaining and it still has the same goods as its predecessor. This movie gets an 8/10.
June 18, 2015
One of the worst movies I've ever sat through. There was even mutant rape...