The Howling Reviews

• 6h ago

Pretty good cult classic

Pretty good cult classic

• Sep 28, 2019

First time I saw this, I didn't like it at all. But I have watched on and off again and for it's time, it's a decent send up of werewolf movies for modern times. But is it entirely good. Part of it is. But it plays for laughs at the running time in the last 15 minutes or so. It's like saying, 'it's all in good fun' which isn't the right mood or atmosphere that they created. Both with the puzzle of it, in that you know what it's about, and the people in it just kind of drag you along with it. By the time they finish the story up, we've already been with it an hour into it before anything harsh comes to their realization. Elements are good. But some are just too cheesy with the effects and all. Pretty decent build up of suspense, but none of it delivered. It's decent for what it's worth. But wholly a disappointment at the end. It's good, but it feels weighted down.

• Sep 19, 2019

Second best werewolf movie ever made.

Second best werewolf movie ever made.

• Aug 11, 2019

The movie has appeal for genre buffs and offers state-of-the-arte special effects, but basically takes too long to get off and really isn't that horrifying.

• Jul 08, 2019

With some terrific special effects work and clever easter eggs—most of the werewolves are named after classic horror directors; Wolf-brand everything on the counters and in the corners—the viewer is left howling in laughter more than in terror, and the film is all the more successful for it.

• May 15, 2019

One of the best werewolf movies ever!

One of the best werewolf movies ever!

• Dec 30, 2018

Can be quite slow at times. Pretty boring acts 1 and 2. The concept was good and the effects were amazing considering its early eighties. The acting wasn't very good so its hard to get emotionally invested. Sucks because I really wanted to enjoy this classic.

• Nov 06, 2018

While the Howling, takes time into the movie before it gets good it offers high thrills and has you on the edge of your seat.

• Oct 30, 2018

To this one of the best scariest movies i have seen. When I was a kid it was very hard for me to finish a certain scene in the movie. Enjoy this movie.

• Oct 14, 2018

IMHO Best werewolf flick, ever. I took my sister to see this. I was 13 she was 10. This movie gave her nightmares, the spooks, and the "Hee-Bee-Gee-Bees" for years to come. Though by today's standards, It's a bit outdated as far as special effects. The special Fx were outstanding for the time. Especially when you consider they didn't use any Computer graphics. I actually do still like the storyline. One of my favs, even to this day.