I Heart Huckabees - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Heart Huckabees Reviews

October 31, 2016
One of my favourite moves of all time. Funny, interesting and different.
½ June 10, 2016
I thought that Mark Walhberg and Jason Schwartzman were really funny in this! I also loved how silly they made existentialism out to be with all the nonsense the characters were saying!
½ May 26, 2016
Pretentious art flick with an incredibly messy script
May 22, 2016
love the cast. too strange for me.
March 27, 2016
decent, doesn't hold a spot in collection
March 26, 2016
Hands down one of my favorite movies. This is a must see for anyone with a brain.
½ February 8, 2016
Bad movie, really bad language, loud
½ January 29, 2016
Admittedly, you have to be in the right state of mind for this movie. But the satire of a human tendency to take life too seriously and over-inflate the meaning of various events is sheer brilliance. Wahlberg's character is so brazenly comical and extremist to counter Jason Schwartzman's poetic over-analyses.
So many lines will become quotes that infiltrate daily life and make you smile over and over. Viewers who know other "over philosophizers" will find it satisfyingly funny when their typical musings are parodied.
Wonderful performances by all the actors. And Jude Law's character journey is entertaining and well done.
jjnxn
½ January 1, 2016
Stupid, stupid movie.
½ December 2, 2015
The general opinion about this movie seems curiously divided between finding it either smart or pretentious, but for me it is neither, rather a quirky, mildly funny story that makes a welcome use of existentialist issues and a great cast. Good, though nothing special.
December 1, 2015
I Heart Huckabees is a movie that does not need an audience; it's content to indulge itself in its own musings about existentialism, nihilism, and philosophy, and leaves the viewer alienated and frustrated.
November 14, 2015
Awesome movie! One of my all-time favorites!
October 6, 2015
After having this compared with films like "My Dinner with Andre", "The Seventh Seal", "Waking Life", etc., I ended up sleeping after the first thirty minutes and after hearing the word "existential" 101 more times than a Philos101 book.

The film fails miserably in the area of keeping anyone's attention that isn't studying it in the first place, and when the concepts attempt to concrete themselves in the characters' lives, the result is just...ignorable.

I'm a big fan of films with bigger ideas than the screen would lead you to believe can be expressed, but IHH trips somewhere in the first paragraph and never gets back up.
September 11, 2015
I have watched this film several times and I consistantly LOVRE it. Happy, hopeful and yet painfully truthful and intelligent. A truley GREAT film (IMHO).
½ September 6, 2015
9/5/15 I had seen this before, but just rewatched it. I really have a hard time rating this film. It has a few moments that are quite funny, but the whole feel is just SO weird. It seems to concentrate too hard on just being weird instead of being a good story. There are an absolute ton of famous people in this film, which seems strange in and of itself! If you like something totally bizarre, then give it a try.
½ August 6, 2015
Throws a lot of $hit against the wall and misses the wall and hits the audience.
June 28, 2015
With all the praise he has gotten since, David O. Russell has yet to match up to I <3 Huckabees. It is still my favorite film of his. So relatable, so hilarious, so amazingly indulgent. With one of the greatest casts ever assembled. Isabelle Huppert AND Dustin Hoffman? Yes. It's perfection.
June 13, 2015
This pseudo-philosophical film bores the hell out of me. David O. Russell, with all due respect, is way overrated.
½ May 21, 2015
A very interesting and experimental satire which boils down to a battle of philosophies. It doesn't fully work, but it is fun to watch. And, it is brilliantly cast.