I Heart Huckabees - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Heart Huckabees Reviews

March 19, 2018
This film is not for everybody and can come across pretentious and pompous at times but if you can laugh at all that this is a very silly film that has a stand-out performance from Wahlberg who looks confused whenever he is on screen.

A very funny movie
½ February 28, 2018
Another movie custom tailored for the existentialist types, and it's a perfect fit.
February 9, 2018
This is a wonderful movie with stellar performances! I especially related to Mark Wahlberg's Tommy, who I realize is a characterization poking fun at "tree hugger"s" (like myself). I'm NOT embarrassed to say that much of what Tommy references is in complete alignment with what I truly believe
(seems like a contradiction but isn't)! The story comically presents archetypes at both ends of the spectrum while making some excellent points. If you didn't like it, you don't get it and you've never thought about it......! ...but that's okay, maybe in your next life you will....
December 17, 2017
Maybe not David O. Russell's defining moment but if you can park the self indulgent, mid life crisis context that surrounds the film - I?H is a very light of touch and frivolous take on (anxiety ridden) existential perspectives that are usually the preserve of Arthouse Cinema.

Each character has their own crisis and self realisation/reinvention which provides the enough hook for viewer investment. The film is genuinely funny and Russell manages to get the most out of his actors with some of the best comedic moments coming from Jude Law and Naomi Watts.

Jon Brions' original score is wonderful also with 'Knock Yourself Out' still holding a spot on my playlists.

Also just saw that I?H is Jennifer Lawrences favorite film - which is revealing of her mindset and sensibilities.

Basically if you haven't seen this film and you are at a loss of something to do - give it a try!
December 7, 2017
Woke up thinking about this movie today and honestly can't believe I forgot about it for so long. I love I Heart Huckabees because it trends a fine line between brilliance and stupidity. Director David O Russell does a phenomenal job behind camera and still it is the cast that really makes I Heart Huckabees something special. It's hilarious, thought provoking, sincere, and sarcastic all at the same time. It's also all over the map and yet perfectly balanced, plus Mark Wahlberg has never been better. He's so fascinating to watch and manages to steal the show, which says a lot because the entire ensemble brings their A games as well. Some people are going to hate this film and others are going to phrase it. It's a messy movie about life but only because life is messy.
November 14, 2017
The three stars go to the A-list ensemble cast, who alone keep any interest going during this laboriously self-indulgent and unfunny philosophical farce. Only writer-director David O. Russell knows what he's aspiring to here, and he's determined not to share it. Hoffman has an Andre Previn moptop, Huppert looks like she wants a word with her agent, Schwartzmann reprises his Rushmore schtick, Watts is pretty and goofy. Oh my God, there's Tippi Hedren.
April 15, 2017
Melodramatic comedy about a husband and wife team of detectives who specialize in existentialism. They investigate their clients lives in order to help their clients understand the meaning of life and their place in the universe.
March 25, 2017
Solid acting and original screenplay. Its fun and exciting following it throughout. Great watch.
March 11, 2017
When I saw this in theaters in 2004, it felt like it had been made just for me. I watch it every couple of years, and it still resonates and makes me smile. I highly recommend it to anyone who is open-minded, idealistic, able to poke fun at themselves, and cares about the environment. (I can't be the only one!)
January 12, 2017
Really surprised I didn't like this movie - thought it would be right up my street.
October 31, 2016
One of my favourite moves of all time. Funny, interesting and different.
½ June 10, 2016
I thought that Mark Walhberg and Jason Schwartzman were really funny in this! I also loved how silly they made existentialism out to be with all the nonsense the characters were saying!
½ May 26, 2016
Pretentious art flick with an incredibly messy script
May 22, 2016
love the cast. too strange for me.
March 27, 2016
decent, doesn't hold a spot in collection
March 26, 2016
Hands down one of my favorite movies. This is a must see for anyone with a brain.
½ February 8, 2016
Bad movie, really bad language, loud
½ January 29, 2016
Admittedly, you have to be in the right state of mind for this movie. But the satire of a human tendency to take life too seriously and over-inflate the meaning of various events is sheer brilliance. Wahlberg's character is so brazenly comical and extremist to counter Jason Schwartzman's poetic over-analyses.
So many lines will become quotes that infiltrate daily life and make you smile over and over. Viewers who know other "over philosophizers" will find it satisfyingly funny when their typical musings are parodied.
Wonderful performances by all the actors. And Jude Law's character journey is entertaining and well done.
½ January 1, 2016