Idiocracy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Idiocracy Reviews

January 13, 2018
Why are people taking this movie as some sort of go-to guide or a complete documentary when the movie itself doesn't even take itself consistently seriously? Even if it did, the number of issues leading to the "dumbing down" are so few, incomplete, and are more symptoms of other problems that the movie becomes an exercise in irony. Maybe I should be rating it higher since that might be the movie's real point.
½ January 6, 2018
evan mason recommended this good plop evan what where you thinking. re. 2-3.5 seen it recently and enjoyed this time.
December 24, 2017
Admittedly impressive and okay funny on how far they'd stretched stupidity in a unique, creative dystopian look as a satirical reflection with a slightly better entertainment value than director Mike Judge's "Office Space", even though it'll mentally makes you feel annoyed and disgusted like you're surrounded by idiots. (B-)
December 1, 2017
Mediocre attempt at satire that could only appear as brilliant to the very people that the movie is trying to satirize.
November 28, 2017
Not sure if it's the expectations, but the far fetched plot and setting somewhat knocks this back a few notches short of excellent. This is a film that was supposed to open minds and they could have done a better job to "really" open minds.
October 28, 2017
Yes. It started out as a comedy but is increasingly turning into a documentary...
September 21, 2017
2nd best Luke Wilson movie
½ September 17, 2017
Great funny movie starring some random guy who's fantastic, Terry crews, Maya Rudolph, and dax Shepard . I loved the story of this movie and to see a reality if every human on earth was dumb, not just plain dumb but so stupid that they couldn't do anything or come up with anything. I had a blastco laughed at Terry crews the most because he's Terry crews, he's hilarious. Funny entertaining movie.
August 19, 2017
Mildly amusing and watchable, but unsurprisingly idiotic. I feel like more could have been done with this concept. (First and only full viewing - 1/10/2013)
½ August 15, 2017
Slapstick comedy about a man and a woman whose put to sleep for 500 years and wakes up to a future of idiots.
August 11, 2017
Celebrity worship, environmental degradation, perceived elitism...sounds like 2017!
August 10, 2017
Frighteningly prophetic.
½ August 10, 2017
One of the greatest documentaries of all time.
August 6, 2017
This movie is funny and entertaining, while also being truthful about the world we live in.
July 27, 2017
And it all starts with Trump being elected.
July 22, 2017
Yes it is really stupid but it is also very funny. I esp liked the comedian who played the dumb vp part. The plot is basically very thin and ridiculous but I just enjoyed the laughs.
July 20, 2017
Idiocracy is a movie that started off as a largely ignored lightweight that began to resonate over time and became a very useful shorthand for the frustration and horror of the worsening situation we find ourselves condemned to. Also notable for becoming the first first fictional movie to be turned into a reality show. It now runs 24/7 on all the channels.
½ July 12, 2017
such a bid movie, everybody involved should be banned for fife
July 10, 2017
Brilliant look into the future.
June 29, 2017
the shape of things to come