Idiocracy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Idiocracy Reviews

September 21, 2017
2nd best Luke Wilson movie
½ September 17, 2017
Great funny movie starring some random guy who's fantastic, Terry crews, Maya Rudolph, and dax Shepard . I loved the story of this movie and to see a reality if every human on earth was dumb, not just plain dumb but so stupid that they couldn't do anything or come up with anything. I had a blastco laughed at Terry crews the most because he's Terry crews, he's hilarious. Funny entertaining movie.
August 19, 2017
Mildly amusing and watchable, but unsurprisingly idiotic. I feel like more could have been done with this concept. (First and only full viewing - 1/10/2013)
½ August 15, 2017
Slapstick comedy about a man and a woman whose put to sleep for 500 years and wakes up to a future of idiots.
August 11, 2017
Celebrity worship, environmental degradation, perceived elitism...sounds like 2017!
August 10, 2017
Frighteningly prophetic.
½ August 10, 2017
One of the greatest documentaries of all time.
August 6, 2017
This movie is funny and entertaining, while also being truthful about the world we live in.
July 27, 2017
And it all starts with Trump being elected.
July 22, 2017
Yes it is really stupid but it is also very funny. I esp liked the comedian who played the dumb vp part. The plot is basically very thin and ridiculous but I just enjoyed the laughs.
July 20, 2017
Idiocracy is a movie that started off as a largely ignored lightweight that began to resonate over time and became a very useful shorthand for the frustration and horror of the worsening situation we find ourselves condemned to. Also notable for becoming the first first fictional movie to be turned into a reality show. It now runs 24/7 on all the channels.
½ July 12, 2017
such a bid movie, everybody involved should be banned for fife
July 10, 2017
Brilliant look into the future.
June 29, 2017
the shape of things to come
June 27, 2017
It's funny, true, and makes you think for a bit.

(Sponsored by Carl's Jr.)
½ June 26, 2017
I made a Rotten Tomatoes account just to bad review this movie. They should have a no stars option. If you want to get scared about the future, read the news or 1984... they are both far more eye opening and interesting than this stupid movie. Luke Wilson is not an actor. He really is the same in all of his movies. They had to put him in a movie about the dumbest people possible to make him look even a little smart. Don't waste an hour and a half of your life destroying your brain cells. It isn't even fun or worth it. I wouldn't watch this on a plane, I wouldn't watch it with a sprain, I would not watch it with a friend, I would not watch it till the end. I hate this movie. Save yourself.
May 24, 2017
All I can really say is: If you enjoy killing brain cells, this is the movie for you.
May 19, 2017
This movie was was brilliantly written and way ahead of its time. I feel this movie depicts the exact direction we're taking as a society. Its predictions are so close to society today that you almost don't like to like this movie as much as you do.
April 19, 2017
great movie. very funny and a completely different and interesting idea taken in all the right directions. tons of memorable scenes. we can see so many of the things in the movie progressing in that direction in real life (4 viewings)
½ April 15, 2017
Some pieces are an interesting glimpse at the future, but the same joke is repackaged continually.