Idiocracy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Idiocracy Reviews

April 9, 2018
I really love this movie. Its so plausible and I feel it comes so close to reality, it hurts :-)
April 2, 2018
Love this movie...which it wasn't so realistic...Dax Shepard is soooooo good..as are Luke Wilson and Mayra Randolph....
March 3, 2018
Not a great movie, but eerily prophetic.
February 25, 2018
Mike Judge is one of the most underrated writer/directors and this movie proves it. I don't believe there is a day that goes by where I or someone I know doesn't quote this movie. This is truly one of the greatest comedies ever written and yet it could also been seen as a scary sc-fi of things to come. It's obvious the satire isn't for everyone but usually those are the people who take themselves too seriously anyways. If you watch this and you don't find it hilarious, you're probably one of the people leading to the hypothesized result of humanity this film portrays
jamrcla
February 5, 2018
If you read the film title then that is the film in a nutshell, It's just pure stupid from start to finish, It did have the odd funny bit but not enough to be memorable or that good, It's not a terrible film it's just a bad film only 12 year olds or stoners would enjoy.
½ February 1, 2018
OK so the professional movie critics gave this movie a great rating. Just more proof that they are about as dumb as the people in this futuristic movie. Gave it one and a half stars just because it at least has the future down to the tee.
January 19, 2018
Really poor. The screenplay is so poor that they needed to add a voiceover to fill the gaps. Single joke -everyone is really dumb- repeated for 100+ minutes. I feel like I've been mugged.
½ January 19, 2018
Truly abysmal. How did it get made?
January 13, 2018
Why are people taking this movie as some sort of go-to guide or a complete documentary when the movie itself doesn't even take itself consistently seriously? Even if it did, the number of issues leading to the "dumbing down" are so few, incomplete, and are more symptoms of other problems that the movie becomes an exercise in irony. Maybe I should be rating it higher since that might be the movie's real point.
½ January 6, 2018
evan mason recommended this good plop evan what where you thinking. re. 2-3.5 seen it recently and enjoyed this time.
December 24, 2017
Admittedly impressive and okay funny on how far they'd stretched stupidity in a unique, creative dystopian look as a satirical reflection with a slightly better entertainment value than director Mike Judge's "Office Space", even though it'll mentally makes you feel annoyed and disgusted like you're surrounded by idiots. (B-)
December 1, 2017
Mediocre attempt at satire that could only appear as brilliant to the very people that the movie is trying to satirize.
November 28, 2017
Not sure if it's the expectations, but the far fetched plot and setting somewhat knocks this back a few notches short of excellent. This is a film that was supposed to open minds and they could have done a better job to "really" open minds.
October 28, 2017
Yes. It started out as a comedy but is increasingly turning into a documentary...
September 21, 2017
2nd best Luke Wilson movie
½ September 17, 2017
Great funny movie starring some random guy who's fantastic, Terry crews, Maya Rudolph, and dax Shepard . I loved the story of this movie and to see a reality if every human on earth was dumb, not just plain dumb but so stupid that they couldn't do anything or come up with anything. I had a blastco laughed at Terry crews the most because he's Terry crews, he's hilarious. Funny entertaining movie.
August 19, 2017
Mildly amusing and watchable, but unsurprisingly idiotic. I feel like more could have been done with this concept. (First and only full viewing - 1/10/2013)
½ August 15, 2017
Slapstick comedy about a man and a woman whose put to sleep for 500 years and wakes up to a future of idiots.
August 11, 2017
Celebrity worship, environmental degradation, perceived elitism...sounds like 2017!
August 10, 2017