Infernal Affairs II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Infernal Affairs II Reviews

December 28, 2015
Full of Loopholes.. kinda questions perfect first part!!
November 2, 2014
if I could I would give this movie a 8.25/10. It is certainly a well put movie, but not a masterpiece like its foremovie. Honestly could be a movie by itself and did not need the first movie to be watched before watching this one. Good music.
July 21, 2014
One if the darkest films I've seen in a long time...delicously twisted. Hidden gem..not comfortable to watch..but I dare you not to see it through to the end.
January 25, 2014
While not as good as the first film, Infernal Affairs II takes a tricky concept (a prequel of events from the first film) and still engages with some fantastic acting and a tense story.
½ October 1, 2013
More than worthy companion to its powerhouse predecessor.
June 2, 2013
Twisted. Too many betrayals in the story made it loose it charms. The performances and direction were also not up-to the standard of its predecessor. While still a good movie it just didn't have the intensity of the first one.
March 7, 2013
3/5 I watched Infernal Affairs 1 a long time ago and loved it. I also think it was better than the remake. I just watched part 2, the prequel, meh, nowhere near as good as part 1.
½ March 2, 2013
a well-presented prequel, i personally think its better than the 3rd one. underrated!
½ January 31, 2013
Francis Ng contributed his best performance, as a gangster.
½ January 28, 2013
Not as perfect as the predecessor, a bit confusing in the middle. Nonetheless, acting and cinematography are top-notch once again.
½ January 22, 2013
As a prequel, I'm a little let down. But the focus is on the crime boss and the police chief and their weird relationship. Somehow it works as its own film.
January 8, 2013
Infiniment superieur au premier episode (deja magistral), ce deuxieme volet de la trilogie Infernal Affairs est une veritable tragedie ambitieuse et passionnante, mise en scene par un duo (Andrew Lau & Alan Mak) en etat de grace. Les quatre acteurs principaux sont parfaits, la musique est fantastique... Le tout en moins de 2h? Un chef d'oeuvre, assurement.
½ December 3, 2012
Much more complex than the original but still engaging
½ October 24, 2012
Set during the years leading up to the British hand over of Hong Kong to China, a police inspector attempts to overthrow a Triad gang and leave it in the hands of less violent and ruthless successor. The sequel to Infernal Affairs is actually more of a prequel, fleshing out the characters and events that led up to the time of the original. It's a beautifully made and intelligent gangster movie that reveals the various shades of grey within the characters; none can really be seen as totally "good" or "bad", particularly considering Inspector Wong's manipulation of events that lead to unexpected consequences. The only real problem is the fact that it's more of a companion piece to the original than a self-contained story and as such I think anyone who watched this without having seen the original will struggle to see the significance of the events as they unfold here. But to fans of the original film it's an excellent prequel that skillfully fleshes out the story and characters with a much broader palette, making the first film an all the more satisfying experience.
½ September 16, 2012
Precuela, el origen igual de buena e impactante realmente todo esta muy bien pensado.
August 1, 2012
Dare I bring up Godfather II references? This is the best in the series that The Departed was based on and bests the original Infernal Affairs. The evil boss is a revelation as the "bad guy". If you liked The Departed quickly watch Infernal Affairs I and II and then, just like the Godfather, Aliens, and countless other sequels done too many times pretend that III never happened.
July 20, 2012
Very good movie, mostly for how well it ties in with the first. As a prequel there will undoubtedly be references or aspects alluding to what happens later in the timeline, in the previous movie. In this prequel, these are all very well done, making this one of the best prequel movies I have ever seen. The fact that this movie focuses on the more minor characters from the first one, and more on the overall story than specific people makes this a different film than Infernal Affairs, and a little bit less intriguing because it lacks the same character development than the first one thrived on, but this is still an interesting, exciting film to watch and I recommend it for any and all who have seen the first one.
½ April 24, 2012
A strong prequel consisting of the much the same level of quality high tense gang land scenes. The story is a little contrived to fit into the plot of the first but it makes up for this in other aspects.
April 8, 2012
Take out the 2 young guys (Edison Chan and Shawn Yu) and you have a decent film.
April 5, 2012
the first one was tight & tense while this one is grandiose. epic. it takes its time, but it's THE best prequel i've ever seen!!! it examines what happened to the characters to push them towards where they are in the first film in deep and unexpected ways. highest recommendation.