Insidious: Chapter 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Insidious: Chapter 2 Reviews

½ March 18, 2017
I like all the insidious movies. The movie has suspense and it's scary.
March 1, 2017
Não tão bom quanto o primeiro, mas bem interessante. As ligações com o filme anterior geram uma explicação bacana de certas cenas.
½ February 28, 2017
Much worse than the original, even funny at times, but still has its own moments of terror.
February 18, 2017
Bit of a disappoint from the first. Still ok in my eyes though.
½ February 5, 2017
A decent enough movie I suppose, and an interesting sequel, but pales in comparison to the first.
January 29, 2017
Insidious: Chapter 2 is decidedly higher on humor than horror, but offers enough surprising twists and compelling backstory for its central ghoulish antagonist, adding depth to a horror series that truly deserves it.
½ December 30, 2016
The story do not make sense to me
½ December 30, 2016
Not as good as the first part.
½ December 5, 2016
A solid and entertaining sequel that not only maintains the high level of scares found in the terrifying original movie, especially in its first half, but also has an ingenious plot structure that makes up for its poor attempts at humor (which are always misplaced).
November 19, 2016
want to see, in the hopes that it would make Insidious make sense. Insidious is one of today's rare movies that seemed to me to require an additional movie as opposed to the normal sequels, trilogies of modern times which were never made to be continuations.
½ October 31, 2016
The Insidious films uses more ghostly scares, than buckets of blood, which I do have to praise because you don't see that too much anymore these days. This sequel is good and still effective, but unfortunatly doesn't hold up to the first Insidious, which was great and very scary. I found it pretty uneven, with some parts being so boring, and others being tense and tight. But it's still, in general, a good sequel, which uses a lot of the same characters, which I liked. And the film with the most creecking doors I've ever seen, which is a little old. Still, recommended !!
October 27, 2016
First one was good, this one is rock solid!
½ October 21, 2016
Though it's not as chilling as the first, it has enough twists and thrills to be a satisfying horror movie sequel.
½ October 21, 2016
What were clever 1st and 2nd acts in Insidious were followed by an almost slapstick 3rd act was what made the first one nearly fall apart at the seems near the conclusion. Unfortunately for Insidious: Chapter 2, the tone of the film greatly suffers as most suspense and tension is completely ruined by the bumbling paranormal sidekicks from hell. Whether or not the codeword is Quesadilla or not, Insidious 2 suffers greatly because of a plot that is convuluted in terms of creating new rules for the sake of plotting and a sequel.

When you attempt to explain the boogeyman, you usually end up demystifying it and making it a joke and/or not scary. Insidious 2 does try to add and connect with the first one but it feels as though they merely wrote chapter 2 in a weekend to set up for a third part.
October 18, 2016
Better than the first and i loved the first movie!!!
September 19, 2016
Not as good as the first one, but still an entertaining and thrilling horror film.
September 5, 2016
Much like Ouija, I got soooooo much adrenaline from this movie. It was fright after fright non stop. I should probably go easy on my adrenal glands
½ September 4, 2016
Insidious: Chapter 2 is even more intriguing than its predecessor, but is also less horrifying.
August 31, 2016
I was actually surprised. I didn't expect much. The story fit pretty well with the first one. Just don't expect too many scares.
½ August 14, 2016
"Insidious: Chapter 2" is a slight improvement of its earlier installment, with a better story to go with and that annoying soundtrack from the first one have been erased, but the scares are still as dull as they were in the first one.