Insidious: Chapter 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Insidious: Chapter 2 Reviews

September 12, 2017
Following on from the events that occurred in the first film this sequel unfortunately feels less original while also suffering more from cliches. The cast is still solid, the score once again elevates the scarier aspects of the film, I like the fact it expands upon the first film, it has its scary moments, the creepy imagery makes a return (although it is less impactful) and it is generally entertaining. Sadly the script is once again lacking, there are more faux jump scares than before and the extra parts added onto the solid premise of the first film do not feel wholly satisfying.
September 6, 2017
Better than the first! It gets into the scares much faster than the original, but never loses track of the story or characters. It is drastically more scary than the first. It's a non-stop roller-coaster. Very fun, intense, terrifying, creepy, great acting, great directing, great story, and the end it brilliant. This movie deserves no less than a 80% rating. I usually can understand where the critics are coming from, but not this time. This was an excellent film! Do yourself a favor and go watch it.
½ August 15, 2017
I will agree that it seemed it did have trouble in attempting to shudder you as much as it's predecessor and it likely didn't work. The film is not worthless as it fits like a key for a lock in terms of the next chapter in the anthology. It completely makes sense how it fits in and functions. It didn't spare any bullshit by entering the eeriness head on right away. Patrick Wilson was the best here really pulling of those sinister moments.
August 12, 2017
The movie was more of the same scares from the 1st one - dark rooms with cracked open closet doors, walking into dark basements. James Wan is an expert at creating the scary scenario on film. Where the film lacks is the story pacing. By the end of the movie I was really struggling to keep up with exactly what was going on because it pretty boring. It's worth watching but all these horror movies seem to be running out of ideas.
½ August 1, 2017
While more story that ultimately means less scares.
½ July 29, 2017
Eerie, albeit not as scary as the previous entry, but it does make use of some clever plot twists, thus giving a satisfying and often horrifying sequel.
July 25, 2017
I really didn't think it was that good. The plot was very over complicated and slow paced. There a was a couple of jump scares but overall it wasn't very scary. No where near as good as the first one. The actors were good. But the ending was also predictable.
½ July 23, 2017
Scary as hell. This one scared the pants right off me!!!! I LOVE THESE MOVIES
½ June 29, 2017
Though it's not as chilling as the first, it has enough twists and thrills to be a satisfying horror movie sequel.
May 26, 2017
Insidious: Chapter 2 is decidedly higher on humor than horror, but offers enough surprising twists to the original narrative that'll provoke thought amongst fans of its predecessor, and a compelling backstory for its ghoulish antagonist adds extra depth to a horror series that truly deserves it.
May 2, 2017
Loud, unnecessary, predicable, and above all ... loud.
½ April 5, 2017
Gave this and its predecessor a look off the To-Watch Pile for the Halloween season, and I have to say, the story is still pretty damned sharp and unnerving. They definitely create a world I don't mind revisiting once a year or so, just because it's all so creepy and well crafted.

You need to give this a rental at the very least!
April 3, 2017
4 stars. A decent follow up to the first one.
½ March 18, 2017
I like all the insidious movies. The movie has suspense and it's scary.
March 1, 2017
Não tão bom quanto o primeiro, mas bem interessante. As ligações com o filme anterior geram uma explicação bacana de certas cenas.
½ February 28, 2017
Much worse than the original, even funny at times, but still has its own moments of terror.
February 18, 2017
Bit of a disappoint from the first. Still ok in my eyes though.
½ February 5, 2017
A decent enough movie I suppose, and an interesting sequel, but pales in comparison to the first.
½ December 30, 2016
The story do not make sense to me
½ December 30, 2016
Not as good as the first part.