Instant Family - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Instant Family Reviews

December 16, 2018
Amazing movie!!!! has an incredible plot based on a true story that really gets your heart feeling warm. Gives you the perfect amount of laughs while keeping the movie on topic. Can not wait to watch it again!!!!
December 15, 2018
A movie that can't figure out what it wants to be. Green Book manages to balance serious & painful material with love and humor. This film tries to do the same but falls short - although Mark Wahlberg is, as always, great.
December 15, 2018
this is a heartwarming movie but it's too clichÚd, and forgettable. Not much chemistry between the two leads
December 14, 2018
Pretty good movie, it┤s pretty good to see it with the family or friends, it have not so much errors and is pretty emotive
December 14, 2018
A great movie with a great message, I like that. A movie with plenty of laughs, I like that. Watching my mom on the big screen, I really like that. Just a few actors shooting "scenes" getting physical. Truly exceptional work by the support cast, Tom Segura. This lovable yet psychotic character adds much appreciated depth and flair. His scenes had me howling with laughter in only 4 scenes or less. Its hard to believe that Tom built everything on set from the stage, to the cameras, and even the buildings. Huge props to the casting crew on bagging this high and tight, moose soup eating, sissy of fremont st watching water champ. High and Tight Jeans!
December 14, 2018
Having grown up teenage foster kids in our home, this accurately portrays at least the surface level of how it is. A tiny bit romanticized, I thought, but still very good portrayal. The biggest moment for me was seeing the parents talk about sending them back, as I've seen kids experience being sent back after the promise of adoption and having lived with the potential adoptive parents for 6 months. It was horrible for the kids. Was a really moving film though. Absolutely loved it
½ December 14, 2018
This movie's acting was so poor, we left 20 min in. Mark Wahlberg is a one trick pony. He lacks any sort of depth. His annual holiday movie is tired and not laughable.
December 14, 2018
Fantastic movie that kept it high and tight from beginning to end. An Oscar worthy performance by Tom Segura and the rest of the cast. HIGHLY recommended!
December 13, 2018
This a feel good movie that is worth seeing. The plot is somewhat unexpected.
However, there is one major flaw. The plot has you hoping that the mother will fail and that the ikds don't go back with her. Not something the writers should have done.
December 12, 2018
Rose Byrne is a goddess
½ December 12, 2018
I heavily enjoyed this film. Not only does it do a great job mixing serious topics with well-done humor, it's packed full of family-centered heart, which also makes it a perfect movie for the holiday season.
December 12, 2018
This is a funny movie
½ December 11, 2018
lovely, surprising, great casting, very emotional in the end
8.2
great quimical between actors
½ December 11, 2018
It is a very happy and entertaining movie to watch with your family or if you just want a pick me up. Would recommend renting it.
December 11, 2018
Terrible stereo-typing. Not really funny at all.
½ December 11, 2018
Half way through the movie we walked out and got a refund. This is a PG rated movie with a little girl who is maybe 6. It was filled with filthy language. Not necessary . Shame on mark wahlberg
December 11, 2018
Pleasant and predictable. We enjoyed it
December 10, 2018
This hit a certain personal spot for me & the wife having recently gone through the process of opening our house for adoption/fostering. Instant Family balances the reality and seriousness of the issues with the system and the numerous unseen ramifications being risked when taking on the task of fostering or adopting with the humor necessary to make it through everything without losing ones mind. Yeah, this is about as accessible and as broad a comedy a studio can make, but the film doesn´┐ 1/2(TM)t sugarcoat the harsh realities of the foster care system and, more specifically, the circumstances of the scenario we´┐ 1/2(TM)re presented with in the film. I kind of loved it.

Wahlberg and Byrne do their best versions of their most likable personas and the kids are even better. This may look and feel like a mainstream Hollywood family comedy, but it cuts to some pretty deep places, poses some rather gutting questions, and does it all with such a strong sense of purpose it´┐ 1/2(TM)s impossible to ignore.

Also, the The Blind Side bit is too good and Tig Notaro and Octavia Spencer need a buddy comedy in an active stage of production like yesterday.
½ December 10, 2018
I took my girlfriend to see this movie and I wasn´┐ 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)t expecting such a great film. I went into the theater expecting a mediocre, cheesy film that would be somewhat heartwarming, and I was almost right. This movie was way more of a great movie than I was expecting. It was funny at times and really heartfelt at others. It had my eyes swelling on more than one occasion. A lot of times with movies in this genre I find myself very disconnected from the plot and characters, but in this film the actors and the plot pulled me in and it completely had me sold in this film. I would highly recommend anyone to see this film. Mark walhberg and the young actress that played the oldest of the kids, Lizzy, knocked it out of the park. The only thing that keeps this from being a full 5 stars is the placement of some of the jokes. For the most part though the jokes were placed well. This movie is definitely much more worth while than the others that are currently in theaters.