Instant Family - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Instant Family Reviews

½ March 24, 2019
Very lovely and heart-warming movie with so many parts that are memorable.
All the kids are great in the movie as well.
March 24, 2019
This is the greatest example of every family there ever was. A truly heartwarming film and it gets all of the emotions flowing. I really appreciated the story and I would be more than glad to watch this heartfelt movie again.
March 23, 2019
One of the most uplifting and heartwarming movies I've seen in a long time. Absolutely wonderful.
Brilliant. Touching.
March 23, 2019
De Repente Uma Fam√≠lia (2018) #MovieReview 3,0 ‚≠?Ôł? Casal resolve adotar um filho e a assistente social os convence a levar os outros irm√£os. Baseado em fatos reais. √ um drama, apesar da classifica√ß√£o idiota do #IMDb de achar que √ (C) com√ (C)dia. Bom filme!
March 21, 2019
Funny, heart-warming and brutally honest. The film itself is a commentary on the ups and downs of adoption you you'll appreciate the fine acting. Love the nod to The Help at the end.
½ March 21, 2019
sweet & emotional movie! nice one!
March 20, 2019
Very touching movie.
½ March 20, 2019
I was really looking forward to this movie. Great cast and it looked funny. All it is is a glorified PSA for foster kids. Storyline is typical and boring. No laughs here.
March 20, 2019
Awesome movie! Very heart warming and funny great chemistry between casts. Eyes tearing up throughout the movie. Highly recommended.
March 19, 2019
The whole thing is slapstick relationships, minus the slapstick, and instead cringe worthy pandering.
½ March 18, 2019
This movie was very entertaining. I really enjoyed the message of the movie, and how they were able to make it comical. I really felt that the movie had a deeper message than what it was initially made out to be.
March 18, 2019
Laught out loud funny!
March 18, 2019
Exceeded expectations!
½ March 17, 2019
I watched this movie with my wife. She was a Blubbering mess, with GREAT reason.

The film at its core has an extremely important message, a family is what you make it. I loved this film, Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne do a fantastic job as foster parents to sweet Juan, crazy Lita, and the stubborn Lizzie. I went into this expecting Daddy's Home Mark Wahlberg but was pleasantly surprised to find him slightly, only slightly, more serious in this role and Rose Byrne definitely did a bulk of the heavy lifting for the parents when it comes to versatility with emotions.

On the kid's side, Lizzie (Isabela Moner) did a fantastic job of portraying the teenage rebelliousness while also showing the emotional scarring that can come from being left to the system. This film is heavy while at the same time has the right amount of light to make it an uplifting watch.

I would definitely recommend this film to anyone, to really show the ups and downs of what it means to foster. I will definitely watch again.
½ March 17, 2019
Can often find family movies a bit too cheesy but this done a pretty good job of avoiding that trap. Funny and heartwarming
½ March 17, 2019
Heartwarming, engaging and an all round feel-good movie that flips your emotions like a flip as you laugh and cry with abandon. I loved it.
½ March 16, 2019
Pleasantly surprised by this one! I was laughing my a$$ off the whole time.
½ March 16, 2019
Instant Family was a pleasant surprise. What looks like another by-the-numbers comedy is anything but. Sure, there are several missteps and a few cliches here and there, but deep down, the film has a lot of heart. It teaches lessons on family and love, with the help of a great cast including the always funny Mark Wahlberg, who gave off some "The Other Guys" vibes from time to time, which is really appreciated. This one is definitely worth a rent and packs in some genuine heartfelt moments with sprinkles of competent comedy. (3.5/5)
March 16, 2019
so glad this wasn't captain marvel... have two extra stars just for that