Journey Back to Oz Reviews

• Dec 21, 2017

so so so bad. The Wizard of Oz and Return to Oz are two of my favorite movies....I couldn't even get through this! Awful animation, even worse music.

• Jun 30, 2013

It's better than most attempts to recreate the world of Oz in animation, as the obviously put more effort into this one. Yet, the film suffers from a ludicrously stupid plot and songs that are more annoying than memorable.

• Apr 06, 2013

Like a lot of animated sequels, this one forgot the past ever happened. Also, the musical numbers fill in the cracks rather than move the story forward.

• Jul 26, 2011

An enjoyable little film that does a nice job of continuing the classic movie, The Wizard of Oz.

• Mar 11, 2011

An amazingly star-studded cast for a quaint animated film by Filmation (of He-Man and Fat Albert fame among others). The animation is a step above television animation, but not much more. Still, artistic efforts are not lacking and amidst some choppy sequencing come some really surprisingly imaginative sequences. Plot and script can leave you going "What?!" but are also filled with some hilarious jokes. The music and songs can seem a bit too saccharine or ridiculous, but they are witty and fun nonetheless. It is a treat to see (hear) Liza Minelli reprise the role made famous by her mother. And legendary Ethel Merman takes on the role of the witch. I used to watch this all the time as a kid, and it wil probably still find a place for youngsters today.

• Feb 22, 2011

Wow this was bad. What a bizarre cast of voices. The songs were awful. The story was bad. Why did the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion have to be such jerks?

• Nov 30, 2008

This was a cute. Great for the kid in all of us who liked The Wizard of Oz.

This was a cute. Great for the kid in all of us who liked The Wizard of Oz.

• Oct 13, 2008

Love this movie! I watched it all the time as a kid and it always made me feel good.

• Sep 11, 2008

A cute, but somehow underrated animated sequel to the classic. A fine cast--with the exception of Liza Minelli--and catchy songs.

• Anthony V Super Reviewer
    Jul 02, 2008

All star cast, but not much fun.

All star cast, but not much fun.