King of Thieves - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

King of Thieves Reviews

April 7, 2019
Between 2.5 and 3. The story is interesting, but there are certain moments when action and plot decay and make it boring or unbearable. But, in general, you can watch it.
½ March 11, 2019
It's a weird wedding...a much better film than the narrative allows. A complete antidote to all those honour amongst thieves tropes. Briiliant acting, some wonderful close-up camera work and some smart direction can't sadly make-up for some dreadful editing which can't seem to decide whether this is Hollywood or just a very good film.
½ March 8, 2019
You deleted my captain marvel review so here is me testing the website.
March 6, 2019
This sat too much in the middle for me. It could have gone a lot harder and I feel it should. It did have some funny bits but it didn't flow together very well. It was great to see Charlie Cox in something different
March 5, 2019
Wow - what a movie! This gang of veteran actors should have you laughing from beginning to end. Fart jokes, alzheimer's, diabetes! This movie upends all aging phobias. Delicious!
March 2, 2019
Starts off full of promise.
Poor finish
½ March 2, 2019
A bunch of past it old crooks played by it is almost impossible to not say a bunch of past it old actors.
And they must be if any of them saw the script before they signed up.
About as 3 dimensional as a pancake, the only fun here is the occasional flutter of what used to be, and I did enjoy that, but it is uncomfortably dull, weak and fiull of missed opportunities.
February 23, 2019
The Selection & Chemistry & of the Cast of "Old Geezers" is amazing! This is a group of Britains FINEST Elder Statesmen in the entertainment Industry - Film and Television. It is a joy to watch them work together.
And Michael Caine...WOW!!
THIS is based on the real world events of many years ago.
A sort of a Robin Hood type event. I don't think anyone was harmed in the break in and it was all stolen from upper class twats. No working class woman or man wàs affected at all. Good job They only got busted because one of the younger less professional guys opened his big fat gob and boasted about the job. The youngest of the team were mid to late 50's. The AVERAGE of the team was 65+ years old !!
½ February 22, 2019
A very good film that held our breath,but not the way most people like it!
It is a lot more interesting than its ratings
½ February 22, 2019
Not funny enough to be a comedy and not dramatic enough to be a drama BUT...I still really enjoyed it! No idea why the critics disliked it so much. It was a fine film.
February 2, 2019
Great cast - story just wasn't there.
January 30, 2019
Simply awful meandering movie about ageing bank robbers. The Brit accent is so thick and the roles so plodding that you can't wait for it to be over.
January 27, 2019
the standout performance here is surprisingly not Caine, but Jim Broadbent. Ray Winstone reprises his usual role, as the aged playboy troublemaker, which we've seen before.
January 23, 2019
They waste too much time in a boring plot.
For me the point only positive was when we proved that behind the whole assault was the youngest member of the group. Give a 20%
January 20, 2019
This movie is already out on the internet. Pretty Decent. Remember, whatever the Critics don't like, there is a very good chance it's a good movie.
January 19, 2019
well not many michael ive seen were bad except of the jaws one he was in so ill give it a try just for him
January 17, 2019
I get what they were trying to do, but it was just too long winded.
January 15, 2019
Yet another movie (the third) about the Hatton Garden robbery by a group of oldies.

A great cast, but badly used.  Started out as a fun comedy caper (a but like Caine's other elderly robbery film "Going in Style"), but changed tack halfway through and became yet another vehicle for Ray Winstone to act menacing with his trademark "you slaaaaaggggg" phrases.

Michael Gambon was underused, and its a travesty to see national treasure Tom Courtenay, more used to gentle comedy effect in things like "Royle Family" to be uttering the C word.
January 14, 2019
After I watched the trailer, I decide to watch for sure the movie, fortunately now with good free app boxxy software. Recommend it.
December 20, 2018