A Knight's Tale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Knight's Tale Reviews

May 29, 2017
Not bad, but not as good as it could have and should have been. It is too generic and runs too long. (First viewing - Teen years)
May 29, 2017
ridiculous, unrealistic, anachronistic. Finally watched whole thing thru, on tv 5-2017. Unrealistic: This knight couldn't have won any jousts nor sword fights, H Ledger was so emaciatedly skinny, pipe stem biceps. Seemed to go on and on. I was hoping it would be mercifully over soon. Rock music yeah right. Most of the reviewers skewered this rightfully. Waste of time. Other than that, it might have been 'a delightful romp.'
½ May 7, 2017
I actually really enjoyed this one, I think that if this were ye olden times, I would've loved to watch Jousting and such.
April 20, 2017
2017-04-20 watched 30 min, booooring
½ March 5, 2017
To old of a movie I saw part of this on tv, now it has good dances and good music along side that good romance, but it's to old of a movie for me. So not the best
January 26, 2017
Best romantic comedy of all time.
January 5, 2017
Even 15 years later you gotta applaud the idea of someone making a knight movie using rock songs, outlandish (female) hairdos and gowns so very naturally and is that was simply how medieval times played out. A brave attempt that worked out. It's a fun joust with great characters, seriously touching moments and plenty of good laughs. Blowing dust off old stereotypes yet lovingly using some of them just makes for a great ride.
½ November 29, 2016
Normally a fan of his. Not this movie though.
November 26, 2016
A nice movie on chivalry that doesn't take itself too seriously. The real plus is surely this fact, together with the presence of a young Heath Ledger and Paul Bettany.
November 18, 2016
awesome story line, quite Good Feel, movie, love the guy walking naked, cause of debtors.. characters were phenomenal. Music the bomb.
September 21, 2016
When you're in the mood for a fun, lighthearted movie with some romance, revenge, action, lots of comedy, and a kickass soundtrack, look no further. Just don't expect any insight into our minds or society.
September 9, 2016
It had a good pace. It was cool to see a period story with modern music and humor. Paul Bettany was hilarious.
August 31, 2016
I'm here to compete for cheesiest comedy ever!
August 29, 2016
It has a underdog story, but Heath Ledger's performance excels on his acting chops
August 11, 2016
Quite long duration movie and was hoping for more action. Nonetheless this is a special type of medieval era movie with modern stuff added. Heath Ledger, Mark Addy and Alan Tudyk are 3 best pals who is following their master to jousting but the master died while resting. Heath decide to don the armor and compete. He win easily and he convince the other two to pool the money for training materials so he can compete in the national competition for more money. Along the way they save Paul Bettany who is naked after been robbed. Arrived in the city, Heath is smitten by Shannyn Sossamon and he ask for her name which she refuse to give. Later the trio find out Paul is actually a gambling addict who wasn't rob to naked. The debtor want their money which Heath promise to pay after winning the competition. Heath win the sword competition and is champion. While talking to Shannyn, another knight Rufus Sewell is not happy and humiliate him. In a match, Rufus surrender to his opponent, the Black Prince of Wales who goes incognito. Heath didn't budge and gain 2 points. But later he claim it as a draw game. Rufus decipher Heath as really brave and fearless in the way that his armor is weak and he didn't evade any coming impact unlike all trained competitors. Heath armor is broke and no blacksmith is willing to fix it without payment first. The only lady blacksmith Laura Fraser who is been look down by them all agree to help him. Heath receive a cloth and name from Shannyn. Rufus defeated Heath in the final and pick up the cloth to return to her. Heath use the gold trophy and pay off Paul debt and Laura. Laura tailor-made an armor that's light and strong for Heath. At the dinner dance, Heath dance with Shannyn and Rufus isn't happy. The next competiton, Rufus withdraw and must leave to fight a war. Heath face the Prince and win him again which he admit to him it is not his style to withdraw. Although he is champ, he feel loss without actually winning it against Rufus. Rufus investigate and found out Heath is a fake. Heath write a letter to Shannyn asking her to go Paris see him compete. She want him to prove his love for her by losing which he relented but submit. Seeing him hurt, she quickly change her mind and want him to win and he did. Heath was brought to a knight as apprentice during childhood by his father and he miss him. He manage to locate him although the father became blind years ago. Rufus tailed him and confirm he is fraud. Next day everyone tell him to escape or be caught. Heath refuse and turn up for the game but arrested and sentence to death. The Prince of Wales came out to free him. He also investigate and find out he has history lineage of royalty and knight him on the spot. Heath final match to fight Rufus. The latter cheated by putting a sharp tip and pierce Heath's armor. He take hit after hit and no strength to carry the lance. Heath tell Alan to tie the lance to his hand. He strike Rufus so hard he fell off his horse and Heath win. Happy ending in the end. Paul who is a writer decide to jot everything for his new book.
July 16, 2016
On of the best films of 2001, a non stop action packed riot from start to end! Heath Ledger leads a band of rebels to be a jousting champ! Great movie!
June 10, 2016
What's not to like.: Queen, Heath Ledger, Paul Bettany at his best and a David Bowie dance sequence. Yes it's predictable but so much fun too.
May 14, 2016
As cheesy as it is, I whole-heartedly found myself loving this film through-and-through. First off, Heath Ledger is irresistible in this role, constantly charming and extremely likeable in every regard, he lights up the screen here. Second, this film's a lot smarter than most people think. For instance, there's a brilliant single-shot take at the mid-section that lasts about 5 minutes between Heath Ledger and Shannyn Sossamon's characters arguing. While it wasn't necessarily needed, I have huge respect for the filmmakers for slipping in this wonderful sequence that I didn't even know was a one-shot take until my third or fourth viewing. That's how subtle this film can be, a lot of harsh critics called it "manipulative", I call it classic, harmless entertainment that will bring a smile to your face.
May 7, 2016
this movie as to be my favorite movie.