A Knight's Tale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Knight's Tale Reviews

October 22, 2017
I really liked this film. Taking medieval history and intertwining with classic rock and pop culture creates an entertaining and authentic experience.
½ October 19, 2017
This movie is still fun to watch every once in a while. However it occasionally feels longer than it needs to be. I remember people being angry of the modernish music being played in olden times, but that didn't bother me as much. The story being told was decent enough for me to forgive that sort of historical inaccuracy. Heath Ledger does a good job with this one.
August 20, 2017
Predictable, boring, sometimes laughbly bad written and others simply and annoyingly cliche, "A Knight's Tale" gives what it promises, an entertaining 2 hour-long journey around XIV Century Europe where we are able to watch an eletric Heath Ledger performance while he breathes and lives his character's arc. Might not be even a good movie, Rufus Sewell and Shannyn Sossamon left a lot to be desired and the dialogues are often funny when they shouldn't be. But hey, at least I had some fun.
August 9, 2017
David and Goliath Movie. The only thing missing is Jimi's Foxy Lady referenced by not played. Perhaps, no rights to use this song. Music fans, this is a MUST SEE. Heath fans, this is a MUST SEE. The supporting cast is STELLAR.
July 24, 2017
A Knight's Tale brilliantly brings the romantic and chivalrous nature of jousting to life, mostly thanks to great casting choices.
July 4, 2017
Love the way this was done. Great "rags to riches" flick. I'd watch it again.

Blended rock & roll with medieval games played by Knights.

A squire pretends to be a knight to play in the jousting games.
½ July 2, 2017
someone chose a random off the street to be the music director.
June 11, 2017
Incredibly entertaining, inspiring and underrated film with a great cast, soundtrack and jousting sequences. Love it!
½ June 1, 2017
A Knight's Tale knows what it is and unashamedly fills its plot with pop-culture references, a sappy romance, and cheese galore...it is precisely because it is so unashamed that it works so well.
May 29, 2017
Not bad, but not as good as it could have and should have been. It is too generic and runs too long. (First viewing - Teen years)
May 29, 2017
ridiculous, unrealistic, anachronistic. Finally watched whole thing thru, on tv 5-2017. Unrealistic: This knight couldn't have won any jousts nor sword fights, H Ledger was so emaciatedly skinny, pipe stem biceps. Seemed to go on and on. I was hoping it would be mercifully over soon. Rock music yeah right. Most of the reviewers skewered this rightfully. Waste of time. Other than that, it might have been 'a delightful romp.'
½ May 7, 2017
I actually really enjoyed this one, I think that if this were ye olden times, I would've loved to watch Jousting and such.
April 20, 2017
2017-04-20 watched 30 min, booooring
½ March 5, 2017
To old of a movie I saw part of this on tv, now it has good dances and good music along side that good romance, but it's to old of a movie for me. So not the best
January 26, 2017
Best romantic comedy of all time.
January 5, 2017
Even 15 years later you gotta applaud the idea of someone making a knight movie using rock songs, outlandish (female) hairdos and gowns so very naturally and is that was simply how medieval times played out. A brave attempt that worked out. It's a fun joust with great characters, seriously touching moments and plenty of good laughs. Blowing dust off old stereotypes yet lovingly using some of them just makes for a great ride.
½ November 29, 2016
Normally a fan of his. Not this movie though.
November 26, 2016
A nice movie on chivalry that doesn't take itself too seriously. The real plus is surely this fact, together with the presence of a young Heath Ledger and Paul Bettany.
November 18, 2016
awesome story line, quite Good Feel, movie, love the guy walking naked, cause of debtors.. characters were phenomenal. Music the bomb.
September 21, 2016
When you're in the mood for a fun, lighthearted movie with some romance, revenge, action, lots of comedy, and a kickass soundtrack, look no further. Just don't expect any insight into our minds or society.