Led Zeppelin DVD - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Led Zeppelin DVD Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
May 30, 2014
Spanning a decade of footage, this DVD chronicles an exciting concert experience by the legendary rock band and offers up their greatest songs live. Brilliant in the way that they perform, Zeppelin were always at the top of their game and gave one of the most mesmerizing live shows ever. This concert features some of their greatest tracks live, which were recorded over a period of years, and you get a great show that gives you an idea of what it must have been like seeing this band live. With the band playing its classics, Zepp fans will surely come back again and again to see this stunning concert. I've seen my fair share of concert DVDs and I would say that this is one of the finest DVDs of any concert that has been assembled. This show features footage of the band in their heyday, and the footage was damaged and they were able to restore it while retaining the film grain, and hints of a bit of damage, but overall the restoration is great here, and I feel that the few bits of damage adds to the vintage look of the concert, kind of like stepping back in time when music mattered. Led Zeppelin are titans, and they are the real deal. Nowadays, music in general has gone downhill, and no talent "artists" are getting recognized. At least with this DVD, Led Zeppelin's legacy can be rediscovered, and hopefully, it can reach a new generation of future fans that should know what real music sounds like. Led Zeppelin are a timeless rock band, legends in the music world and they crafted some of the finest records ever recorded, this Concert experience brings to your living room, their thrilling and unforgettable live show, and it's a must watch for any music fan that enjoy some outstanding rock music.
January 14, 2014
Rock n' roll at its rock n' rollingest.
½ November 9, 2013
as good as it gets for some Zep.
January 22, 2013
One the best Band all time.... Keep Rock alive....
½ January 21, 2013
why is this in the movie database? well anyway i've been watching this for like ten years now and it's so great and massive that it never gets old. extremely well-curated dvd production that has aged well in the time of high definition transfers and writes the book on definitive live musical statements on home video. they really went all out here with the archival stuff and we all have our nitpicky complaints regarding MORE concert footage but come on besides stop making sense this is the best document of a live band ever released.

the 1970 royal albert hall show is my favorite. material from the first two zeppelin albums are stretched and mutated, jammed to exhaustion with incredible results. pure magic. this is also by far the best filmed show out of the three main performances in the dvd. bonzo's drums in particular sound heavy and devastating. also in the first disc are some interestingly awkward tv appearances and a killer fucking live set for some denmark radio station. you can tell the teenage audience wasn't prepared for what they were about to see and it's a great intimate performance.

disc 2 has good outtakes from the song remains the same film (with a great rendition of "since i've been loving you") but earl's court 1975 brings it to another level. there's a terrific acoustic set here highlighted by "that's the way" and then an insane electric set that captures the band at what's most likely their peak as a live band. it's a high energy performance where the band's almost telephatic interplay is displayed in their machine-like potency. the knebworth performances were shows that were retroactively panned by the group but these came out much better than i thought. they look like old ass out of place dudes past their prime but they still sound pretty good considering it's pretty much the end. i think a lot of this stuff is hampered with the less than stellar material from their last two albums (although "achilles last stand" still rips in this performance).
October 15, 2012
No sabia se podian votar DVDs musicales... siempre es un 10 para Led Zeppelin :)
August 11, 2012
Most excellent fillum of one of the great bands.
March 31, 2012
I wish I could rate this 10 stars instead of just 5. This IS the holy grail of live concerts. Five and a half of the best hours spent listening to music, ever!
February 1, 2012
the best and worst of Led Zeppelin. its seriously like they picked the songs for the DVD based on like bingo results or something
January 29, 2012
A great collection of live performances from one of the best bands in history.
September 20, 2011
?а~д 3/4б 3/4 1/2е, 3/4 1/2а виде 3/4 3/4д Led Zeppelin. 1/2 3/4~ "The Songs Remains The Same" e "бе в 3/4 ?п 3/4едба ? 3/4 3/4ва. '? 1/2 3/4?, 1/2ик 3/4га 1/2е ? 1/4 1/2и 1/4и?лел дека The Songs e д 3/4ба...
August 2, 2011
Achilles Last Stand is worth the price alone!
August 24, 2010
This seems amazingly fantasmic and epic
½ August 20, 2010
Gran DVD, ojalá hubiese traído las presentaciones completas.
July 20, 2010
This is [i]exactly[/i] what Zep fans have been waiting for!
what time is it?: 10:13
Date of birth?: 17-January-82
Location?: Puerto Rico
Where were you born?: Bayamon, Puerto Rico
Have you ever failed a grade?: Never
Do you have crush on someone?:yes
What are you wearing right now?: boxers
Would you have sex before marriage?: I think I already did
Have you ever had a crush on any of your teacher?: Nah
Are you a virgin?: No
Do you drink?: A lot
Are you a player?: I dont think so
What are your favorite colors?: red and blue
What is your favorite animal?: Dog.
Do you have any birthmarks?: Yeap
Have you ever gotten your ass kicked?: Yeap
Have you ever beat someone up?: Once
Who do you talk to most on the phone?: Mariana
Have you ever been slapped?: Like 2 times
Do you get online a lot?: Every Day
Are you shy or outgoing?: Shy with girls
Do you shower?: No
Do you hate school?: Not that much anymore.
Do you have a social life?: Maybe
How easily do you trust people?: Way easy
Have you ever lied to your bestfriends?: Yeah
Do you have a secret people would be surprised knowing?: I think I have.
Would you ever sky dive?: Of course
Do you like to dance?: Not always
Have you ever been out of state?: Yeah
Do you like to travel?: Don't have the cash
Have you ever been expelled from school?: Almost
Have you ever been suspended from school?: Probation
Do you want to get out of your hometown?: Yes
Are you spoiled?: Not
Are you a brat?: Not always.
Have you ever been dumped?: Like 2 times
Have you ever gotten high?: Everyday
What's your favorite drink?:Hawaiian Punch
Do you like Snapple?: Nop
Do you drink a lot of water?: yep
What toothpaste do you use?: Colgate
Do you have a curfew?: Not that I am aware of.
Who do you look up to?: Stanley Kubrick
Are you a role model?: To some I am.
What name brand do you wear the most?: Gap maybe.
What kind of jewelry do you wear?: My nose ring
What do you have pierced?:My nose
What do you want pierced?: Nothing else
Do you like taking pictures?: Yeap
Do you like getting your picture taken?: Never
Do you have a tan?: a little
Do you get annoyed easily?: always
Have you ever started a rumor?: hahahahahaha
Do you have your own phone/phone line?: no
Do you have your own pool?: no
Do you have any siblings: 2 brothers and a sister
Do you prefer boxers or briefs?: boxers
Have you ever been played?: yeap
Have you ever played anyone?: see before question
Do you get along with your parents?: yeap
Have you ever run away?: never
Have you ever been fired from a job?: yeap
Do you even have a job?: not now
Do you daydream a lot?: a lot
Do you have a lot of exes?: like 2 or 3
Do you run your mouth?: hahahahaha
Do you have a tattoo?: no
What do you want a tattoo of?: Pink Floyd
What are your favorite flowers?: none
What does your most recent crush look like?: Like perfect
Have you ever been bitched out?: yeap
When was the last time you bitched someone out?: Don't know
Are you rude?: everyday
What was the last compliment you received?: You look hot.
Do you like getting dirty?: not that much
Is your bellybutton an innie or outie?: innie
Are you flexible?: no
What is your heritage?: Italian
What is your lucky number?: 7
What does your hair look like right now?: short blonde
Could you ever be a vegetarian?: nope
When was your last real heartbreak?: Do not remember.
Would you ever date someone younger than you?: I already did
When was the last time you were drunk?: last week
Have you ever had an eating disorder?: never
Do you have one now?: nop
How many rings until you answer the phone?:the first one is always good
Have you ever been skinnydipping?: no
Do you look more like your mother or father?: Father
Do you cry a lot?: not that much
Do you ever cry to get your way?: I'm not telling
What phrase do you use most?: are u crazy?
Are you the romantic type?: yes
Have you ever been chased by cops?: yeap
What do you like most about your body?: My lips
What do you like least about your body?: my eyes, they are green and I don't like green
When was the last time you threw up?: Awhile ago
In the opposite sex, do you prefer blondes or brunettes?: brunettes
What do the shoes you last wore look like?: Blue Emerica's
Do you ever wear shirts to show your belly?: no?!?!?!?!?!
What about cleavage?: fuck off
Have you ever fucked someone up?: Yeap, a lot of times
Have you ever been fucked up?: hell yeah
What color are your underwear right now?: light green plaid
what theme does your room have?: tv, ps2, pink floyd posters, movies, 2 beds, 4 walls, cealing, floor, dust bunnies
What size shoe do you wear?: 11
What jewelry are you wearing now?: none
What is your screen name on AIM?: none
How are you feeling right now?: too stoned to comprehend
When was the last time you were at a party?: Don't remember
Have you ever given a lapdance?: nope
What do you sleep in?: boxers
Has there ever been a rumor spread about you?: hahahahaha, yeah
What is one of your bad qualities?: Sarcasm, dark humor, ungentleman
What is one of your good qualities?: talkative, honest
Would you marry for money?: yeap
What do you drive?: Girls brains
Are you more of a mama or daddy's child?: Mom
What does your username mean?: Long story
When was the last time you cried in school?: Maybe like one time I had a girlfriend and we broke up in the school, like in the 11th grade maybe.
For two million dollars, would you pose for Playboy?: hahahahaha, yeap.
What time are you finishing this?: 10:38
July 20, 2010
Alright, so it's not really a movie but I'm still rating it a 10 on musical merit. The second official Led Zeppelin DVD release after the OK "The Song Remains The Same".

Most of the big songs are here, "Black Dog", "Rock and Roll", Whole Lotta Love", "Dazed and Confused", as well as the more mellow numbers, "Going to California", "That's The Way" and of course "Stairway to Heaven". As a massive Led Zeppelin fan who has every album (except BBC Sessions), and both DVDs it is hard to be objective. I like how Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and John Bonham's musical talent oozes from the screen. As a late-comer to the Led. Zep. phenomenon I could only hear how brilliant they were live, I got brief glimpses of brilliance with "The Song Remains The Same" but with the new DVD I can finally see Led Zeppelin at their best.

The highlight for me along with the acoustic session is the performance of "Misty Mountain Hop".
July 20, 2010
So, the collectors are having a bad month company wide. So, they had to come in for a half-day today. Well, no one thought to make sure someone could watch the switchboard. And no one thought of this until about 4 p.m. yesterday afternoon. And since I was going to have to get up anyway and drive my buddy Andrew to work (who hit his quota for the first time since he started in January), I volunteered. Of course, I really have no idea how to work this damn thing. Oh well, no one calls on a Saturday morning anyway. So, I'm surfing the net, catching up on my reading (I got about half-way through [i]Plan of Attack[/i] and felt burned out from reading, so I quit.) I can't even get overtime because I'm salaried. I think I'm just gonna take off early next Friday.

[i]The Song Remains the Same [/i]is an interesting concert film. The concert footage of Zeppelin at Madison Square Garden is absolutely awesome, but... the fantasy sequences. They're so fucking off-the-wall... I dunno. Plus, they are scenes that eventually would become cliches of hard rock music videos once MTV would dawn. And I can't knock it too much because the mystical aspect of it is something that was an obsession of the band, and is tied forever with their identity... but those scenes still sort of distract from the music. And I can't get over John Paul Jones's Prince Valiant hair. Here I am ragging on a movie I'm giving a 9 out of 10. Of course, if you want friggin' great concert footage, get the aptly titled double-disc DVD [i]Led Zeppelin[/i]. That one is amazing, charting their early concerts together to their final tour before the untimely death of John Bonham. Man, was that guy burly.

This guy at work let me borrow [i]Woodstock[/i]. I also found [i]The Manchurian Candidate [/i]on sale for 10 bucks. Hell yeah I bought it.

I wonder how long I could make this entry.

I watched the DNC Thursday night. I was curious to hear Kerry speak. It was an interesting speech. Part of me heard what he was saying, thinking, "That's not far from what I think." Less government spending, pro-military might but slow to act in war, harshly critical of the Saudis, and dash of environmental conservationism to boot. (Of course, John Kerry may be a TAD more extreme than I am on the environment, but he said some things I couldn't disagree with.) Then on the other hand, I was thinking, "Ahhhh, Mr. John Kerry, you are a slick one. This is precisely what you were aiming for in this speech." Grab the attention of swing voters like myself who aren't totally sold on either candidate by being vague. It was a speech that a Republican could have given (well, save the anecdotes about Mrs. So-and-so being unable to pay this that and the other. Dems are terrible when it comes to that kind of obvious tugging of heart strings and I fucking hate them for it.). I think a commentator on PBS said it was a speech that seemed like it came from a Teddy Roosevelt Republican, and that seems to nail it for me. So, anyway, as I was saying, yeah John Kerry said the things I wanted to hear. But once he gets in office, *whoosh* off to the extreme left he's gonna fly. Well, until next election year, when he would coddle up to the middle again. So, I still don't know.

Damn... when did I become such a cynic.

I think I've run out of things to say.
April 17, 2010
The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, but all of it mesmerizing. A history in film, from first shows to last show and a few of the stellar tours in between
FilmFanatik