Let Me In - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Let Me In Reviews

January 21, 2017
Really enjoyed this. Didn't think I would like it as much as the original but I did.
½ November 12, 2016
Let Me In is a rare kind of film that manages to put some heart into the horror genre, but its predictability and lack of scares makes it for a dull ride.
½ November 1, 2016
I went toward it in dread of a bad shmaltzy Usa rethread. Instead, i got a classic for the ages (but with the overabundance of available ''products'' these days, it unfortunately kind of went under the radar). Forget that its the remake of a swedish movie made barely 2years prior; its really a new visual reading of one novel. Every single frame is exquisite, the narrative construction is carefully laid out and paced with a bull's eye for every point and the acting from everyone is just perfect (its one those rare movies starring kids thats a blast thanks to how good they are, like Goonies, Stand by me and Stranger Things). I never cared much for love stories but this one is so dreamy, it comes as a surprise each time the tight suspense and effective bloodshed pops back in. I know some will say its blasphemy but I find it superior to the original (which was excellent itself but not as great); its more propulsive, much warmer, more tender yet more taut.
½ November 1, 2016
One of the most beautiful American horror films in years. A solid remake. The film has a gorgeous look to it. I was in awe of the cinematography. This is almost as good as the original. Well done Matt Reves
October 17, 2016
no se compara con la original en lo absoluto.
October 10, 2016
"Let the Right One In" saw a fresh take on the vampire genre, but this mostly tensionless American remake feels dry and well below the original.
½ September 18, 2016
it's better than the Swedish original because of the explanation about the old man and the end
½ September 5, 2016
Another watered down remake for those too ignorant to read subtitles or too lazy to watch anything outside of the usual Hollywood tripe.
½ September 1, 2016
No cheesiness here (like stupid Twilight). Slightly gory but not scary either. However the vampiric movements of the girl weren't smooth... They were kinda choppy...it was kind of weird. Other than that, it was pretty good.
August 28, 2016
Wonderful horror drama about a lonely preteen boy who falls inlove with a preteen vampire!
½ August 17, 2016
Let Me In was a great vampire film with a satisfying ending. The two young actors were great in this one, and the script was superb. I really enjoyed the pitch-black tone and all the characters were believable and well acted. The bullying aspect really added something to the film and really made me feel for the main character. If you enjoy your films dark and mysterious, Let Me In is a great one
August 15, 2016
Review coming soon..
August 3, 2016
A dark, poetic and twisted story about a boy and his vampire. A truely great Holywood remake that does it absolutely right.
Exceptional movie!!! Loved it
July 6, 2016
Convincingly acted and oddly heartwarming, Let Me In is a comparatively mature entry to the genre.
July 6, 2016
Led by surprisingly mature performances from its child leads, the genre-bending Let Me In is a delightful experience.
July 6, 2016
Hauntingly great vampire-drama movie, that is fueled by the insanely good performances by it's young lead actors Kodi Smit-McPhee and Chloe Grace Moretz.
July 3, 2016
I really enjoyed this film, it's not your typical Hollywood film. It's got a slow pace but it's never boring. I've not seen let the right one in so I can't compare the two, but as a stand alone film it's great. The chemistry between the two leads is excellent and the story is so intriguing that you have see where they end up.
Unlike Twilight, this is a vampire romance film that actually works really well. There's such a massive tone of sadness all the way through it. Having seen what happens to Abby's last companion, you know it's most likely not going to end well for Owen either.
Is definitely put this movie in my top 5 vampire films of all time. As there are only a few vampire films that aren't awful, I haven't got a top ten.
June 26, 2016
A very good film. Builds up slowly and different from the usual vampire flick. I really enjoyed.