Let Me In - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Let Me In Reviews

December 14, 2017
I can't remember the last time I saw a vampire movie this good. Let Me In is one of the best horror movies I've ever seen. Chloë Grace Moretz gives one of the best and most Oscar-worthy performances from any child/teen actor in history, and Kodi Smit-McPhee is incredible as well. The two share chemistry so strong you'd think it was real. Moretz manages to pull off the near impossible; scaring the shit out of you one minute and making your heart melt the next. This is a rare film that actually succeeds in making a vampire relatable. The camera work is magnificent and beautiful, preferring long takes over multiple cuts per second. The score is absolutely perfect, heightening the experience of each scene. The tension and suspense, while secondary elements, are incredible as well. The Twilight franchise can suck it. THIS is how you make vampires romantic.
December 9, 2017
This is how a vampire movie or any other horror movie should be done. This movie had a dark tone that fit the movie a little to well. I loved the characters in this movie and fell in love with the film the second it started.
November 9, 2017
The best american vampire movie ever!
½ November 9, 2017
Even thought it lacks the superiority that made the original such an artistically memorable adaptation, this American version offers writer and director Matt Reeves the opportunity to craft an authentically innocent but horrifying vampire flick, with enough visuals, moments, performances and elements that'll remind us of classic horror film feelings, but also, offering new substance in order to stand on its own, in a time in which vampire movies became so ridiculously overexploited.
½ November 7, 2017
se você quiser assistir um filme de terror essa é uma das melhores opções para assistir.Ele tem um mistério que você vai tentando decifrar e quando descobre é uma surpresa,o filme tambem retrata o bullying muito bem,é um filme de terror completo.
½ October 10, 2017
seen this movie already by blockbuster. its not bad. if ya'll don't believe me look up "Let the right one in" it's the same idea to the letter. you just have to watch the first on with subs.
½ September 10, 2017
A pointless remake of the superior original. It added nothing new, and was no where near as eerie as the original.
August 23, 2017
A quality remake, told in a slightly different way. Let Me In walks the line between being too generically similar to its inspiration that it doesn't merit its own existence, and being too far from it's source that it doesn't do it justice. It's not quite as good as Let the Right One In, but it's very close.
July 23, 2017
I prefer the original but this one is still really good, the performances are stellar, the effects are really cool, and it's very well directed, it's a stellar horror movie or just movie in general.
½ July 14, 2017
Without comparing it to the original or the book it failed to base itself on, this is probably one of the better horror movies this year. Overall its corrupted by everything Hollywood is but it delivers because it knows exactly what you want to see, cheap thrills and gore. The story is straight forward and well explained that it strikes a cord with the current events of today, bullying. It shows exactly the vicious cycle that it is.
July 3, 2017
The same as the original one but not subtle at all. A big disappointment, as the source material is so good
July 2, 2017
One of my favorite horror films of all time. One of my favorite love stories of all time. One of my favorite remakes of all time. I could honestly write a book describing how much I love this movie. If I could wed a movie, I would.
June 27, 2017
A movie that thinks it's better than it is. I'm not usually a vampire fan but I have this one a shot. Let Me In tries to justify its existence with style and and dramatic music in order to make itself stand out, but rather falls flat with dumb characters and a ridiculous plot. Everything moved so slowly and I just wanted it to end. Skip it!
½ June 14, 2017
Let Me In is a foreign horror remake done right and a modern vampire horror film for a new generation of film goers.
May 21, 2017
A remake of the brilliant Swedish film 'Let The Right One In', there really was no need to even make this film, as theee was no way that an American remake could be better than the original. Unless of course American audiences just cannot be bothered to read subtitles.
This version is an almost shot-for-shot remake, but loses all of the atmosphere of the original. It makes more of an effort to be a horror film, but then that was the beauty of the original, it wasn't trying to be a mainstream horror flick.
No need to see this unless you can't read.
½ March 24, 2017
The first act was fine and half of the second was good bit all of a sudden it took a turn, a turn in the wrong direction. There is one thing in particular in this movie that diserves praise and that is Chole Grace Mortez she is great but the rest of the movie didnt hold up to her greatness.
February 28, 2017
While it may feel unnecessary to those who've seen the Swedish original, Let Me In is made with care and affection for it's source material. Under lesser direction this could have been the disaster that most modern horror remakes turn out to be, but, thankfully the film succeeds in it's determination to retell this vampire fairy tale.
February 8, 2017
don't waste your time
January 21, 2017
Really enjoyed this. Didn't think I would like it as much as the original but I did.
½ November 12, 2016
Let Me In is a rare kind of film that manages to put some heart into the horror genre, but its predictability and lack of scares makes it for a dull ride.