Let Me In - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Let Me In Reviews

August 23, 2017
A quality remake, told in a slightly different way. Let Me In walks the line between being too generically similar to its inspiration that it doesn't merit its own existence, and being too far from it's source that it doesn't do it justice. It's not quite as good as Let the Right One In, but it's very close.
July 23, 2017
I prefer the original but this one is still really good, the performances are stellar, the effects are really cool, and it's very well directed, it's a stellar horror movie or just movie in general.
½ July 14, 2017
Without comparing it to the original or the book it failed to base itself on, this is probably one of the better horror movies this year. Overall its corrupted by everything Hollywood is but it delivers because it knows exactly what you want to see, cheap thrills and gore. The story is straight forward and well explained that it strikes a cord with the current events of today, bullying. It shows exactly the vicious cycle that it is.
July 3, 2017
The same as the original one but not subtle at all. A big disappointment, as the source material is so good
July 2, 2017
One of my favorite horror films of all time. One of my favorite love stories of all time. One of my favorite remakes of all time. I could honestly write a book describing how much I love this movie. If I could wed a movie, I would.
June 27, 2017
A movie that thinks it's better than it is. I'm not usually a vampire fan but I have this one a shot. Let Me In tries to justify its existence with style and and dramatic music in order to make itself stand out, but rather falls flat with dumb characters and a ridiculous plot. Everything moved so slowly and I just wanted it to end. Skip it!
½ June 14, 2017
Let Me In is a foreign horror remake done right and a modern vampire horror film for a new generation of film goers.
May 21, 2017
A remake of the brilliant Swedish film 'Let The Right One In', there really was no need to even make this film, as theee was no way that an American remake could be better than the original. Unless of course American audiences just cannot be bothered to read subtitles.
This version is an almost shot-for-shot remake, but loses all of the atmosphere of the original. It makes more of an effort to be a horror film, but then that was the beauty of the original, it wasn't trying to be a mainstream horror flick.
No need to see this unless you can't read.
½ March 24, 2017
The first act was fine and half of the second was good bit all of a sudden it took a turn, a turn in the wrong direction. There is one thing in particular in this movie that diserves praise and that is Chole Grace Mortez she is great but the rest of the movie didnt hold up to her greatness.
February 28, 2017
While it may feel unnecessary to those who've seen the Swedish original, Let Me In is made with care and affection for it's source material. Under lesser direction this could have been the disaster that most modern horror remakes turn out to be, but, thankfully the film succeeds in it's determination to retell this vampire fairy tale.
February 8, 2017
don't waste your time
January 21, 2017
Really enjoyed this. Didn't think I would like it as much as the original but I did.
½ November 12, 2016
Let Me In is a rare kind of film that manages to put some heart into the horror genre, but its predictability and lack of scares makes it for a dull ride.
½ November 1, 2016
I went toward it in dread of a bad shmaltzy Usa rethread. Instead, i got a classic for the ages (but with the overabundance of available ''products'' these days, it unfortunately kind of went under the radar). Forget that its the remake of a swedish movie made barely 2years prior; its really a new visual reading of one novel. Every single frame is exquisite, the narrative construction is carefully laid out and paced with a bull's eye for every point and the acting from everyone is just perfect (its one those rare movies starring kids thats a blast thanks to how good they are, like Goonies, Stand by me and Stranger Things). I never cared much for love stories but this one is so dreamy, it comes as a surprise each time the tight suspense and effective bloodshed pops back in. I know some will say its blasphemy but I find it superior to the original (which was excellent itself but not as great); its more propulsive, much warmer, more tender yet more taut.
½ November 1, 2016
One of the most beautiful American horror films in years. A solid remake. The film has a gorgeous look to it. I was in awe of the cinematography. This is almost as good as the original. Well done Matt Reves
October 17, 2016
no se compara con la original en lo absoluto.
October 10, 2016
"Let the Right One In" saw a fresh take on the vampire genre, but this mostly tensionless American remake feels dry and well below the original.
½ September 18, 2016
it's better than the Swedish original because of the explanation about the old man and the end
½ September 5, 2016
Another watered down remake for those too ignorant to read subtitles or too lazy to watch anything outside of the usual Hollywood tripe.