Long Way North (Tout en haut du monde) Reviews

• Apr 26, 2020

It's a nice family friendly movie. I'm not much of a fan of this type of animated drawing, it does have its own unique effect on the viewer. There is somewhat of a somber mood to it, even for an adventure film. But I feel the story has enough freshness to it and that the lead character will work well with a lot of audiences. 3 stars even.

• Feb 13, 2020

A wonderful animated film, poetic and simple, with beautiful graphics.

A wonderful animated film, poetic and simple, with beautiful graphics.

• Jan 04, 2018

A beautiful film. I love the unique animation style.

A beautiful film. I love the unique animation style.

• Aug 16, 2017

With simple but beautiful, painterly animation and well written characters, 'Long Way North' is an inspirational story full of hope, courage and humanity. Its contemplative feel and deliberately slower pacing is refreshing and allows both the story and the characters to reach their full potential, the result being a well-rounded, sweet little film that never succumbs to the temptation of being saccharine. It should prove to be enjoyable viewing for the whole family, particularly girls who could benefit from seeing a strong female role-model that doesn't follow the typical stereotype presented in a lot of animations aimed at younger viewers.

• Jul 04, 2017

A highly enjoyable and uniquely animated venture with heart, memorable characters, and a subtle feminism undertone.

• Jun 21, 2017

Bravo! Muy buena historia!!! Prueba de que guion siempre esta antes que nada. Super recomendable.

• Jun 18, 2017

Despite the visuals and score the film feels derivative and formulated. Grade: C+

• Jun 04, 2017

Beautiful animation, a compelling storyline and memorable characters make this gem worth watching

• Feb 24, 2017

I am giving this the worst review possible for one reason... The animation is simply some of the worst animation I've ever seen. Every line is pix-elated as if they were made as quick as possible in MS Paint. Not just the lines though, but the frame rate is AWEFUL. I was just in a constant state of cringe. It is a shame because the color choices are really nice, and if you see any frame from long-distance, you would think it looks pretty good, but up close you realize how disgusting it is. On the back of the box, one of the comments implied it was hand-drawn animation. This is NOT hand drawn, and it looks like trash...

• Feb 16, 2017

From the makers of Song of the Sea and Secret of Kells, come another strong adventure movie about a courageous and spoiled aristocrat girl decides to run away from home in order to find her grandfather's ship. The animation is beautiful and basic, and the story is bare bones and not overly sentimental. In fact the emotional stuff is done in montage during the credits. It gets the job done, the story is well told and the message is excellent.