Los ojos de Julia (Julia's Eyes) Reviews

• Feb 25, 2019

That's just awesome

That's just awesome

• May 07, 2018

FANTASTIC! SUPERB ACTING! THRILLING SUSPENSE AND EMOTION! Very well done.

FANTASTIC! SUPERB ACTING! THRILLING SUSPENSE AND EMOTION! Very well done.

• Feb 18, 2018

Not scary but a fun thriller nonetheless. Can get slow at times, but the ending makes up for it.

• Oct 09, 2016

A decent thriller moving in horror paths, it could be a bit shorter though..

A decent thriller moving in horror paths, it could be a bit shorter though..

• Jul 12, 2016

Julia's Eyes (or) Los ojos de Julia, 2010, Spanish with English Subtitles. Nonstop tension in this absolutely fantastic thriller, mystery & horror movie. Guillermo del Toro was a producer and even though he did not write or direct it this film still feels like one of his.This is a must watch.

• Harry W Super Reviewer
    Apr 18, 2016

I love Spanish horror so much and Julia's Eyes is another good one that I can add to my long list of good ones. The supernatural elements blended intricately with the very real idea of being stalked, and massively shared nightmare of being rendered blind mix very well into a horror that features excellent cinematography (directed by Pan's Labyrinth's Guillermo del Toro) and very honest and brave acting from the title character. The grey, dullish tones bode for a few boring moments and sometimes the story zooms from point to point and its dizzying.

• Mar 28, 2016

Producida por Guillermo Del Toro, esta cinta española derivada de películas como "Wait Until Dark" y "Eyes Of Laura Mars", nos cuenta la historia de una mujer que se está quedando ciega mientras trata de descubrir los misterios ocultos tras el supuesto suicidio de su hermana gemela. El director Guillem Morales trata de armar la película como un thriller a lo Hitchcock, y aunque deja algunos absurdos e incoherencias en el camino, también deja algunos sustos genuinos, sorpresas y escenas muy bien logradas.

• Mar 28, 2016

• Mar 11, 2016

Anyone who has seen Guillermo Del Toro's film, Pan's Labyrinth, knows he has made a masterpiece (in my humble opinion). Those who have not watched his Spanish films may be more familiar with his film, Mama. Whilst Mama is inferior to Pans Labyrinth and more Hollywood, in style, I found it to be exceptionally creepy; as any good horror movie should be. Julia's Eyes is an excellent horror/suspense/thriller. It leaves you guessing as to if the events unfolding are supernatural or the works of a madman. I do wish American's watched more films with subtitles because this is a film, like Pan's Labyrinth, that could not be topped if remade by Hollywood recasting simply to have it in English. This is and excellent film from start to finish that at times has you on the edge of you seat.

• Feb 28, 2016

a nicely directed thriller that I had different thoughts of what it was and yet came out of it pleasantly pleased with the outcome. there's moments where you are in julias eyes with everyone and question what is going on but that just enhances the feel of what she is going through. decent watch