A Lot Like Love - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Lot Like Love Reviews

½ September 3, 2016
One of the best romantic comedies I've seen. I like how they use "the payoff" to tease the viewer into an ending that isn't happy, when in fact, like all good Rom-coms it has the eventual happy ending
½ August 28, 2016
Only another by the number movie with nothing new to offer.
March 12, 2016
Ashton Kutchaer ruins most movies.
½ August 10, 2015
Is there a bad rom-com Kutcher did not appear in in the 20000s?
June 9, 2015
Absolutely god-awful. Whenever Ashton Kutcher and Amanda Peet's characters, Oliver and Emily, see each other, they just have sex. That's all. They have nothing in common. NOTHING. This is supposed to be a romance? Where's the chemistry?
March 30, 2015
Commedia romantica senza infamia e senza lode.

Carino l'espediente narrativo della storia si sviluppa in un lungo arco temporale, però la trama è abbastanza scontata.
December 13, 2014
Cute romcom about an on again-off again love story. Kutcher and Peet are good together.
June 22, 2014
A cute rom-com, passing only because of the chemistry between the leads. Some people hate it, some people take it for what it is and love it. I'm part of the latter group.
June 19, 2014
What I got to say about "A Lot Like Love" is that it's a romantic comedy/drama movie that I have seen. The performances in this movie are great. "Ashton Kutcher and Amanda Peet has remarkable chemistry." The directing by Nigel Cole and the screenplay by Colin Patrick Lynch is really good. And the score in this is good as well.
June 7, 2014
I really liked it and the actors.
May 21, 2014
I watched the movie twice. With the first iteration it appeared to be a film about two young people in love with each other, whom the wicked fate tears apart until they finally beat the odds and get together. Now, I perceive it as a story about two young people incapable of love. And the worse the situation is, the more they are pulled to each other in order to share their misery. Besides, it's a textbook on love full of examples of occasions on which one should never have relationship with the opposite sex: in the first episode a horny girl gets herself locked with the unsuspecting guy in a toilet in the plane; in the other episode a guy authoritatively insists on his feelings while the girl shows no interest in him; in the third episode the girl seeks a guy just to forget the previous unsuccessful romance; the guy seeks a girl in order to 'settle down with somebody' when he had completely lost faith in himself; and, finally, the girl looks for the guy upon finding out he is engaged. If you recognise yourself, it may be a good idea to watch the movie; otherwise you'll be bored.
December 30, 2013
Once again Ashton Kutcher lands in a corny romantic comedy that has no real appeal unless you like both main actors. The story has been seen and done over and over so if you look for a different film, pass you way this one will give you a taste of deja '100 times' vu!
December 19, 2013
Noughties When Harry Met Sally. Enjoyable. Fine performances and chemistry between Ashton Kutcher and Amanda Peet
November 9, 2013
Now Watching A lot like LOVE on FOX. One of my favorite chicflick ever!! Love is being stupid/crazy together??
October 7, 2013
I really liked this film, a lot more than I thought I would. Had a great storyline, and the two leads where completely likeable.
½ September 24, 2013
Ah, wasn't the worst, if ya like Rom Coms.
September 5, 2013
cute romcom. best soundtrack ever.
August 16, 2013
A sweet inoffensive romance that offers nothing new to the genre, but is a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours. The two lead characters were engaging and made it watchable. Nigel Cole is capable of a lot better, though.
August 10, 2013
Love is no regret, for sure <3
½ July 25, 2013
While clichéd this film benefits greatly from wonderfully charismatic performances from Amanda Peet and Ashton Kutcher