Love Story Reviews

• 11h ago

There are NOT many love movies that are simple and effective. I like how Jenny keeps busting Ollys balls and how Olly stands up for his manhood. Great Film!

• Dec 30, 2020

Not bad I like Ryan O'Neal it's not the kind of movie you would watch with other people. I was thinking to myself maybe they could have cast Barbra Streisand in the role but maybe not I think she had just done a movie with him or maybe Shelley Duvall. Still a great lead actress was chosen just not sure she shines her brightest in this definitely check out her other work if you can. I remember watching an episode of The Golden Girls straight after this and the similarities where uncanny minus the jokes. After all aren't we are just looking for love. Over and out.

• Dec 16, 2020

based on the book by Erich Segal, directed by Arthur Hiller, and nominated for 7 Oscars starring Ali MacGraw and Ryan O' Neal this is a love story that transcends itself among many since it came out 50 years ago Oliver and Jenny are Ivy league students at Harvard University dating; Oliver plays hockey and is fabulously wealthy but his father is far too expectant dictating his life, Jenny is a music major, her father owns a bakery, and she's a former Catholic not only does the movie handle young romance but also class conflict, long distance, future wishes, clashing ideals, social status, and limited time Jenny's heading to Europe for a scholarship after graduation but Oliver wants to marry her so as not to lose her Oliver's worried about his father's approval of him going through with marrying Jenny since she's not upper class but both young lovers are willing to risk it and despite not having the finances to support themselves; against all odds it turns into a love story for the ages both leads are pitch perfect with MacGraw as smart-mouthed know it all Jenny and Neal as Oliver as a rebellious athlete, they share a common stubbornness I like how fast this movie moves, the sweet romantic angle it takes, how it portrays young people dating, marrying, and learning to put up with the struggles together, the score is beautiful, too It did bring a few tears to my eyes towards the end Love means never having to say you're sorry, we can make terrible mistakes with people we love, try not to do it again — and try to clean up the hurt, a father and son's relationship is a rare thing although sometimes it can be cold, nobody says love is easy, time is limited even being in love nothing else should matter 'Love Story' still remains forever a bonafide romance movie that's earnest in itself making the viewers swoon while also wiping away tears from their eyes flawlessly directed by Hiller earning its emotional and sweet beats, sure countless others would follow but it's hard to match the loving appeal of its stars with a sweet love story at its center This holds up immensely well and will continue to do so

• Sep 06, 2020

A breath-taking love story with a magical score and simple lessons to be learned about romantic companionship.

• Aug 08, 2020

Aunque en ocasiones es muy sentimental, consigue hacernos sentir una bella experiencia.

• Jul 17, 2020

Ali MacGraw was great but the rest of it is far too melodramatic.

Ali MacGraw was great but the rest of it is far too melodramatic.

• Jun 08, 2020

Not good enough to be a best picture nominee for certain, but not quite as bad as some have claimed. Yes, the movie is sappy, but with the exception of a few really good romance movies, most of them are sappy so I can give this one the benefit of the doubt somewhat. What was a negative was that the tragedy that occurs, happens so fast and concludes just as quickly that you aren't really given time to digest it.

• May 07, 2020

A timeless classic about true love romance and life.

A timeless classic about true love romance and life.

• Apr 07, 2020

A fair romance with a NE flair.

A fair romance with a NE flair.

• Feb 17, 2020

It is a wonderful and timeless love story. My mom and I went to see the 50th anniversary edition of it last Sunday and it was very good. Ryan O'Neal's acting was superb. I almost cried during the movie. It is great movie with great storytelling