Madea's Family Reunion - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Madea's Family Reunion Reviews

½ June 10, 2016
The start of one of the most annoying franchises ever, Madea's Family Reunion is a poor start to a series that would steadily decline.
September 17, 2015
Perry's funny in character when doing Madea's family but the rest of the film when he's not there is lacking.
½ August 16, 2015
OK film. Remain quite funny, but nothing special.
May 27, 2015
Best movie ever. I masturbate to it ever day.
May 5, 2015
Tyler keeps you in stitches
March 16, 2015
this movie looks awsome
January 7, 2015
Better than the predecessor with almost the same response, along with same level and better heart. (B-)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
December 14, 2014
If it's Tyler Perry. It's a hit!!!!­~
½ September 5, 2014
Everything in this is broad (including the title character), but it's heart is in the right place.
½ September 1, 2014
"Although it may not be the most hilarious Madea installment from Tyler Perry, its still an enjoyable and entertaining comedy with heart."
½ July 9, 2014
Madea's Family Reunion (2006)

Tyler Perry movies are always, what the kids call "Gay". It's not just the fact that he does most of his movies in drag, or that the movies spend a good 30-50 percent of the movie bashing men, it's that Tyler Perry's movies are always black Christian chick flicks.??

The women are always these very thin, demure, beauties with long relaxed hair that are in unhappy marriages or relationships with these handsome, successful, super rich and super EVIL black men. They are always emotionally damaged damsels that don't want to get into another relationship. ??

There is always a very handsome, clean-cut Christian black man with dreamy eyes, who is always there for them (but not in a sexual way of course). The guy is always built like a brick outhouse, like he's got to spend more time working out in a gym than reading his bible. The woman eventually addresses her demons and surrenders her heart to the good Christian man.??

Madea (when she's not wearing her ankle locator bracelet) is always there to talk about those good old fashioned values, when you can bitch slap a child who's misbehaving and how a woman needs to fight their oppressive male friends. Mr. Perry also plays her horn dog, pot smoking brother who Madea is living with. There is always some comical banter between those two.

??I know that Tyler Perry is providing an alternative to the other blacksploitation films that are out on the market. The majority of African Americans are good, hard-working middle-class people and they've got to be tired of the images of "gangsta" urban blacks in the media. On the other hand, there are those "gangsta" elements in Tyler Perry's movies also, and the drama in dealing with those elements, so there's a little there too.

??I'm not saying that Tyler Perry's movies are bad. They are very good, well done movies from their church plays. They are very viewable and enjoyable. It would be a much better TV series material, except that viewers would quickly become aware of how similar each story is to each other.

??"Madea's Family Reunion" stands out, in that it features Cicely Tyson and the honorable poet, Dr. Maya Angelou. The preaching of where the family had come from slave beginnings and how the family needs to take care of each other was great. However, the woman beater, portrayed by Blair Underwood was written as such a psycho fiancÚ that it held such an unbelievably plot point to the drama. His character was just put in as an excuse to get back at him at the end. And, thus my main comment from above.

??It's OK, Tyler Perry, but give us something new.
April 11, 2014
Didn't think it would be my kind of movie, but I liked it.
September 7, 2013
First tyler perry movie I saw, I love the themes, the music and the messages. This movie really touched me with the strength of the women.
½ July 24, 2013
If you got straight F's in school you'll probably find the Madea movies hilarious.
½ June 24, 2013
No one writes non-sensical last minute plot points like Perry. This movie is boring as hell for 100 minutes, then drop kicks you with an insane reveal.

And then the problem is solved with a dance-off. Total madness.
½ June 17, 2013
This movie is very funny, but lacks in a sincere devotion.
June 1, 2013
its funny my movie!!
½ May 26, 2013
A candy coated lifetime film. Its not that these movies arnt good, thier just simply not for everyone, but honestly we need better handled and made films like these with the essential ideas and morals of these films in tack. Otherwise, save the big money from the dvd sales and tv endorsments and stop bringing these to multiplexies because movies are an ever evolving form of art and reality facebook wisdom is not the key to good nor great filmmaking.
½ May 17, 2013
Please, someone, lift this movie over your head and run screaming toward the edge of a cliff and throw it over.
May 11, 2013
This is a hilroulis movie