Maverick Reviews

• Feb 08, 2021

Funny, fresh and entertained.

Funny, fresh and entertained.

• Nov 21, 2020

All the actors had a helluva good time, and so did I. Foster is particularly fun.

• Aug 08, 2020

Not a fan of westerns, but Mel Gibson and Jodie Foster were great and the story was decent to where it made this film not bad.

• Jul 25, 2020

I love Maverick. There's something about this 90s comedy western that really appeals to me. Maybe it's Mel Gibson's undeniable charm. Maybe it's Jodie Foster's. Perhaps it's the quick-witted dialogue and clever quips. It could also be the many, many plot twists and subverted expectations you get along the way as you enjoy the beautiful outdoor settings. Regardless of what it is, I'm all in on this movie.

• Jul 07, 2020

An action film that is low on action and story.

An action film that is low on action and story.

• May 30, 2020

This film is so nostalgic for me. I remember watching it as a kid. Mel Gibson captures the spirit of Bret Maverick, without trying to be an exact copy.

• Jan 15, 2020

A fun and entertaining movie to watch. Good to kill time and have some laughs with friends and family. Interesting and unexpected plot, which is both fun and complex. The bit with Danny Glover was very funny, when you notice is him.

• May 11, 2019

It could have been great. Three wonderful stars, a clever premise, and beautiful scenery. But the humor is too broad, there is too much caricature, and the movie is too long. Cute, light summer fare, but a real disappointment for what might have been.

• Dec 16, 2018

Full of humor and energy among the characters

Full of humor and energy among the characters

• Nov 08, 2018

Its disappointing that such one dimensional critics can have popular enough opinions to have a job. This is one of the best films ever, aside from the wit and charm it has enduring themes of what real hero movies today ought to be about, kindness, patience, and seeing the best in others, sacrifice, putting these values ahead of money