The Mechanic Reviews

• Nov 01, 2018

Great action some but kick Jason good movie

Great action some but kick Jason good movie

• Feb 03, 2018

A mediocre Statham movie replete with the usual violence. Ben Foster plays a particularly unattractive character.

• Jan 05, 2018

This film will be a bit slow for Statham fans and coming after Crank you feel it! Ben foster has a small interesting role and the film could have done more with him. Overall if you stick with it it is a watchable movie.

• Nov 14, 2017

A solid enough action film that inevitably got sillier and sillier as the acts went on. Nowt wrong with Statham doing his stuff, but shame the ending was telegraphed from about 45 minutes out...

• Oct 09, 2017

unrealistic but fun in an action type of way

unrealistic but fun in an action type of way

• May 08, 2017

I couldn't really get anything out of this movie, as I felt as though it was just a bunch of different plots and movies jammed into one. The plot of this movie wasn't too complex or anything, just a standard hitman action movie. But that's literally all it was, no other twists or turns, literally just a bland action hitman movie. If that's what you're looking for, than this movie will deliver, the action scenes are watchable and Jason Statham (Arthur Bishop) is a great action movie actor, so he'll hold you into the movie. Other than that, this movie offered the minimum that it needed to, the characters were abundant in this movie, but it only cared about two, the other being Ben Foster's character (Steve McKenna). Everyone else had no purpose other than to have at least some plot in this movie, and that is where this movie crashes and falls. It wasn't very exciting, it never captivated my attention, and if you've seen at least one other action movie in your life, this movie was nothing that special. Mediocre action scenes and decent acting by Statham and Foster are enough to keep this movie from being an absolute disaster, but "The Mechanic" is still definitely not worth watching.

• Apr 10, 2017

When Jason Statham is good he is very good. In this movie I think he is very good as the silent, deadly killer for hire. It is a straightforward killer/action/thriller. The story is nothing new but it is a well working story which is nicely executed. The story is, as I wrote above, not very original. Killer for hire finds out that his next target is his mentor and friend. As the professional he is he executes the job anyway but later discoverers that not all is as is should be. Time for revenge. A simple, straightforward and well working story. Things are complicated a bit by Bishop taking his friend's son under his wings. Of course he wants to walk in his fathers footsteps. He is inexperienced but also undisciplined. Something that, not surprisingly, is causing problems. I do like that Bishop stays a no bullshit hardass killer throughout the entire movie. No whining or silly emotional outbreaks or breakdowns. I also like the unemotional, silent and deadly impression of a professional assassin the he radiates. There are quite a few fairly well done action scenes in the movie ranging from silent assassinations to the obligatory blow things up scenes. The parts where Bishop and Steves goes after the big bad guy is quite well done with some quite cool stunts without being over the top. The ending was probably the only thing in the movie that was a bit unexpected. Unexpected in a good way that is. I quite liked the little surprise there. Overall I as well as my son liked this movie quite a lot. I hope that Mechanic: Resurrection is as good as this one.

• Feb 01, 2017

No, this movie isn't good, but it's awesome and that's all action movies like this are supposed to be! The Mechanic surprised me a lot and was a very fun watch even if it did take itself to sereiously.

• Jan 24, 2017

overly violent to makeup for a poor script and story going nowhere. A failure to understand and capture the tension that should have existed between old and young led to overly violent scenes that existed as lame compensation. Really ordinary film

• Jan 22, 2017