Mercury Rising - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mercury Rising Reviews

½ October 23, 2016
not that bad the annoying, screaming kid was a bit much at times.
October 8, 2016
I thought it was very interesting and intense throughout. Part of it did have the 90s feel (like lighting and explosions), but it definitely kept my attention throughout.
June 21, 2016
This movie is so much better thavn the critic rating would suggest--Bruce Willis at his best, tough guy who cares with an autistic child under his care...
½ March 14, 2016
how dare you all get this to a 17 percent on rotten? I like great films great dramas..I understand this is just a mainstream movie but it's a kickass Bruce Willis flick that is one of my favorites for sure..I understand is not an important film but it's a good good movie. 17 percent total is just not representative if the redeeming good parts of this film of which there are many
jamrcla
½ February 28, 2016
All big 80s action stars have made some very bad films and Bruce Willis was no different, it's not a terrible film just pretty boring, There's not allot of action, The plot was pretty silly and had some plot holes and things that never make allot of sense, Nothing memorable nothing we haven't seen before.
February 24, 2016
I do not know why people gave this a bad review perhaps it's their ignorance with regards to Autism. The actor who played the Autistic child was very good, I know many autistic children and many can act exactly like this child did. I enjoyed the film, its plot is very plausible and some Autistic children are capable of complex mathematical puzzles. What is more, it would not be beyond dark sections of the NSA to want to assassinate anyone deemed a threat including a young child. The character Bruce Willis plays is also plausible as agents can quite often reach burnout and develop PTSD which is actually what he had symptoms of. Many times in reality people have decided to take a stand because one final event went too fare and this film depicts this very well.
February 16, 2016
this movie is in the same class as the Die Hard series, a must see for any Bruce Willis fan
½ October 28, 2015
I was not impressed with mercury rising which could also be called rainboy one bit where bruce willis plays an FBI agent who must protect autistic boy who has cracked a national security code in a puzzle magazine. I found mercury rising to be far fetched and redundant
½ August 6, 2015
Bruce Willis and Miko Hughes are pretty good in this, but there's not really much else to phone home about...
½ July 20, 2015
this was a pretty dumb movie. lots of questionable parts and stuff to make fun of. the only good thing was Bruce Willis being his usual awesome self, and I thought the kid did a good job. Alec Baldwin played a horrible villain. it was exciting at times but the way some of the scenes were done was just so bad.

SPOILERS

the bank scene in the beginning when the son got shot, the SWAT guy unloaded like 25 rounds into him. it was so overdone. by that same logic, the scene where Willis slammed on the breaks in the van, he was breaking for like 20 seconds, hitting like 15 things on the way. it doesn't take that long to stop. the "final battle" scene was flawed in too many ways to describe (1 viewing)
June 13, 2015
Maybe this film is just showing its age, but Mercury Rising is predictable, boring, and disappointingly straightforward.
May 15, 2015
The sad part is Willis actually has made worse movies than this clumsy offering.
May 11, 2015
Great movie! Well acted!
½ February 21, 2015
Visto ma come non averlo fatto, diciamo che tutto gira un po' male e non convince .
August 6, 2014
kind of the die hard version of rain man, it wasn't bad and had some really cool supporting performances. Otherwise, this was strictly by the numbers with Alec Baldwin chewing the scenery and Bruce Willis pursing his lips in anger, sadness, mirth, love and/or fear.
½ August 4, 2014
(First and only full viewing - 4/1/2013)
½ August 1, 2014
A laughably-bad thriller.
July 30, 2014
Not his best but still enjoyable.
½ July 21, 2014
I quite liked this, the story seemed interesting enough to keep me watching
July 6, 2014
Very good action movie the kid should have been up for an Oscar