Merry Madagascar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Merry Madagascar Reviews

½ December 3, 2016
Another great holiday special from DreamWorks!
December 18, 2015
151218: Wonderfully spirited.
July 27, 2015
Ok, but gets annoying
December 24, 2014
Love the Madagascar films. This is a fun short movie. The animals shoot Santa out of the sky and they have to try save xmas
November 26, 2013
The most hilarious Christmas show EVER!!!
August 5, 2013
A bit of a let down to be honest seeing as it was only half an hour long but still quite funny nonetheless
May 2, 2013
A good little short, which was perfect for my little ones. It has the atmosphere of the movies and this short film is tons better than the third film. Worth a watch, entertaining like the first two movies.
April 28, 2013
Funny, with the same ridiculous and laughable humor, along with some pretty good creativity in the story.
½ April 24, 2013
I know I can't go back on this, but in my opinion this special is up there with A Charlie Brown Christmas and How the Grinch Stole Christmas as one of the best Christmas specials!
½ February 25, 2013
When Santa and his reindeer crash onto Madagascar it's up to Alex, Marty, Gloria, Melvin, and the penguins to save Christmas.
½ January 3, 2013
It was weird but had it's moments
½ January 2, 2013
good enough for ur spare time :)
December 26, 2012
Harmless seasonal short with some fun for all.
December 25, 2012
A bit short!!! Whats the point in making a film that is only about a half an hour long? Is this even a proper film?
December 23, 2012
Nice Children's Christmas story in keeping with the Madagascar movies
December 4, 2012
Merry Madagascar has some laugh out loud gags (mostly by the Penguins) and as a short provides enough humor for adults to handle without becoming overbearing.Stiller, Rock, Smith, Schwimmer and Cedric the Entertainer provide just a handful of the great voice talent that grace this Dreamworks short.
½ November 3, 2012
Having not seen either of the first two Madagascar movies, watching what is effectively the third, wasn't quite as the writers had intended. I don't know the characters properly as I missed their establishment in the first movie, but I still got the picture.

But from this short, I would have to say that Ben Stiller's Alex, the lion, was somewhat soft and very boringly played, but what would you really expect from Ben Stiller.

Yes, he can play some diverse characters but he can also act and sound as if he is literally phoning in his performances. The rest of the talent were reasonable and there were a few laughs but it was obviously contrived for Christmas so in my mind is too cynical to be taken seriously.

The same can be said for any major film or franchise but this is a very slight film with little impact other than to show Stiller's even slighter voice talent...
½ August 10, 2012
Merry Madagascar is a slick cheesy take on daytime christmas specials. You can tell the story is by novice daytime writers with so little complex dialouge and unadapted characters.
½ May 3, 2012
Short and sweet with the usual humour you would expect from these lovable characters, and even though it is May, my daughter loves watching this over and over! Shame its only 30 minutes long!
½ April 1, 2012
4 words. I love David Schwimmer.