Mindhunters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mindhunters Reviews

July 17, 2016
Started off ok but kept going down hill from there.
July 16, 2016
Enjoyable film it's not crap but is no mind blower but is not a waste of time.
July 8, 2016
Kilmer shouldve gotten more screen time. Harlin keeps it together pretty well, couldve explored a few areas deeper maybe. The use of 'weaknesses' a bit shallow, coffee, cigarettes, etc.
June 28, 2016
Quite possibly one of the most entertaining guilty-pleasures I've ever witnessed. It's also one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
May 25, 2016
Loved it lots of twists keep you on edge until the end
½ May 24, 2016
Not even sure what this film was about , some training program where someone wants to kill the others
½ May 24, 2016
THIS IS UCKING "CUBE" CARBON COPY WITHOUT ANY CUBES WHATSOEVER, CHARACTER ARCHETYPES, MUSIC, CRAPPY FX (from the time of Cube zero --- they were even lamer), EVEN THE CAST IS MORE THE SAME (althought it's rather mixed between hypercube and cube 1): BLACK CRAZY SHIT GUY (from good to evil shit, bad cop cube 1), SMART BLONDE (PSYCHO?!, hypercube), HANDICAPPED GUY (mixbag, a lil savant n old lady...go figure), GUY WHO KNOWS TOO MUCH (duh, reference to the math girl from 1st cube), DUMB CHICK (something new, cube zero) KILLER (alright, it just doesnt fit to cube thingy, but hell let's add it to the list), and one more guy i cant recognize (just because i ran out of compars)

ENDING SUXX (this underwater mindbattle)

UCK THIS MOVIE, ALL TIME LOW!
½ March 28, 2016
It's not really smart despite trying, but I guess it will do okay as an entertaining thriller.
January 3, 2016
1/3/2015: Meh. A decent cast and only somewhat interesting.
½ August 17, 2015
Directed by Renny Harlin, Mindhunters is a psychological horror-thriller that's full of suspense. The story follows a group of FBI profilers-in-training who are sent to a remote island for a training exercise, but things take a turn when it's discovered that there's a killer among them. Starring Christian Slater, Kathryn Morris, Jonny Lee Miller, LL Cool J, and Patricia Velasquez, the film has a solid cast. And, Harlin's directing brings a lot of intensity to the film. Also, the writing is pretty good at setting up intrigue and engages the audience; as the intricate death traps used by the killer intensifies the action and heightens the suspense. However, as with a lot of horror films, the characters aren't fully fleshed out and there are some weaknesses with the plot. Yet overall, Mindhunters is an entertaining and chilling film.
½ August 10, 2015
Boy have Kilmer and Slater's stars faded and it sure was not helped in this underwhelming loose remake.
June 27, 2015
When done showing this to people, its normally followed by "Oh, Renny Harlin- that makes sense".
½ May 25, 2015
The cast of Mind Hunters is as weird and diverse as any movie can get, but what turned me on to this film was the fact that it was Directed by Renny Harlin. Harlin is a legend in the world of action films, responsible for such films as Die Hard 2, 12 Rounds, & The Long Kiss Goodnight. He usually doesn't waste his time on direct-to-video films, and prefers to feature his own people, but the story here was so good, that he must of made an exception. Mind Hunters follows seven FBI agents who are training to be profilers, under the watch of the toughest trainer there ever was, Jake Harris (Val Kilmer). For their final test, the group goes to a small island the navy uses for training, and must work together in order to catch a serial killer that doesn't exist or do they? Once they begin their investigation, the group quickly come to realize that the scene is booby trapped and they are cut off from the outside world, trapped on an island with a killer. While having a unique location and a terrific director, what I really enjoyed about this film was how it was more than just some slasher film. This group isn't just a bunch of frat girls running from a guy in a hockey mask, they are trained, intelligent, FBI agents, trying to figure out which one of them is responsible for setting the rest up. This film features all the fighting, gun battles, and chases that you get in a typical action thriller, but there is also a methodical obsession among the group to find the one that betrayed them, and for that this film is unique. Kathryn Morris stars and has more than enough experience playing a detective, after sever years on Cold Case. Likewise LL Cool J has played a cop on numerous occasions, most recently on NCIS: Los Angles. Going into the film, I wasn't all that crazy about this cast, but once I got into it, I realized that they were brought together, because all of these guys have plays cops, FBI agents, or some kind of law enforcer in the past. That mix of unique personalities and experience help this film, because what the cast lacks in talent, they make up for with experience. Mind Hunters isn't something you've never seen before, but it brings together several different common themes in a new way and it will keep you on the edge of your seat.
½ March 21, 2015
This movie had me saying things constantly like, "Are you stupid??!?" and "Stop wasting time!". Midway through the movie, I was hoping that none of them became FBI agents because their decisions and actions were so irrational. A lot of them had serious attitude problems. There were times where they all had the same personality. I was slamming my head against the wall the entire movie. I gave it 1.5 stars because the quality was actually decent; the characters just weren't.
January 15, 2015
Have you ever started watching a film and thought to yourself "This is some terrible ripoff of another awful film I saw a few years ago". Ya... this is one of those movies. While watching this hunk of dull, slow, pointless crap, all I could think about was Deep Blue Sea and how bad that movie was. I was so stunned by the similarities that I looked them both up and found out it was the same director... SHOCKER!!

I had a similar though while sitting in the theater watching The Day After Tomorrow and thinking to myself "This is just Independence Day with ice instead of aliens!"

Long story short the characters are stupid, predictable cliches and I found it impossible to take anything seriously or invest myself in the story in any way.

Save yourself the hour or two and just avoid this thing!
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
One of the better thriller i have seen lately , i like alot this type of movies.
November 29, 2014
One of the worst movies I have ever seen. An insult to intelligence and an assault on your senses. Takes the art of movie making to a new low in every department. I watched it just to see how bad it could get. Could be a good case study on "How Not to Make a Movie".
½ September 16, 2014
Pretty good movie check it out on Netflix
½ July 1, 2014
An absolutely ludicrous piece of nonsense, but the death scenes are hilariously entertaining in a dumb ass kind of way