Mixed Nuts - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mixed Nuts Reviews

½ December 3, 2016
This deserves much better ratings than it has. It was utterly entirely ridiculous, but it was supposed to be and it was fun and that's nothing to get mad about. Kept me thoroughly entertained and what a great cast (except Adam Sandler, who I just don't find amusing or tolerable in much of anything, but didn't hate his pairing with Liev.)
November 28, 2016
Not objectively the best movie, but Madeline Kahn is hilarious.
½ November 27, 2016
not a top xmas movie by any means
October 3, 2016
I love all Steve Martin movies. This one means a lot to me too. I truly like this movie and find it funny and brightens my spirits. Maybe that just says something about me, because it was an enormous flop critically and financially. I say to Nora Ephron now...bless you in your afterlife for leaving this to us...thank you.
April 24, 2016
A truly highly underrated comedy by Nora Ephron. It being critically panned doesn't make a lick of sense. The comedy always make you laugh with every beat, to the point of pure satisfaction.
½ April 17, 2016
I dare anyone to force themselves to watch this movie all the way through.
It's like a worst-ever SNL skit going on for an hour and a half.
Thankfully, all of the actors and production crew have many great films in their resumes...
April 16, 2016
Yes, a real stinker. But it does have it's moments. Steve Martin alone does a good job in a meaningless ramble of a comedy. It's almost like there is no script and this great ensemble cast is just "winging it". The sophomoric soundtrack is just a bad collection of bad Christmas songs. Two stars is generous.
December 25, 2015
Amazing cast and a sub par film.

Still worth a watch if you're looking for a new holiday movie and want something a bit on the crazy side.
December 24, 2015
One of my favorite movies! Great amazing ensemble cast of "mixed nuts" I do not see why such a low rating. Has always been a favorite and try to watch annually :) Give it a try, it starts out slow or regular pace and builds to insane!
December 17, 2015
Current ratings for this movie do not do it justice! Mixed Nuts is a clever comedy, blending together an eclectic group of misfits, all looking for love. It's sure to bring a smile to your face as they overcome obstacles and ultimately come together to celebrate Christmas. My family loves this movie and we believe it deserves something more like a 90% than a 7%. Come on Rotten Tomatoes...
½ December 14, 2015
A bit dark at times, but for anyone who finds the holiday season a bit stressful. It takes place at a crisis hotline on Christmas Eve. The laughs will chase away your stress.
November 28, 2015
Christmas favorite must watch every year.
November 26, 2015
Mixed Nuts was a cute holiday movie. Nothing special but fun and worth a watch around the holidays.
November 26, 2015
This is the funniest Christmas movie ever. Our family looks forward to the ritual viewing every year and we still roll on the floor with laughter. We are by the way pretty intelligent, so that might explain our enjoyment. Grape jelly. Fruit cake. Dead guy in the Christmas tree. What's not to like.
April 19, 2015
In some parts they seem like they're begging for laughs which isn't good for a holiday comedy.
February 19, 2015
Fantastic!
How did this film get such low ratings, reviews? I really liked this picture.
½ December 24, 2014
Hey, I liked it. Sure it was crap, and hardly a Christmas movie, but I liked its dark comedy and stupidity. A guilty pleasure I guess.
December 14, 2014
Fun Christmas time crazy comedy with constant laughs. Lots of old school name brand actors including Steve Martin, Adam Sandler, and the sexy Joliette Lewis.
December 13, 2014
From Nora Ephron comes the kooky Christmas comedy Mixed Nuts. Starring Steve Martin, Rita Wilson, Juliette Lewis, and Adam Sandler, the film has a great cast. But the characters aren't that interesting; their just eccentric weirdos that're all doing their own separate things and they don't really work well together. And, the story too is all over the place, with things just happening randomly without any lead up. Festively chaotic, Mixed Nuts delivers a few laughs but is too uneven and lacks focus.
August 12, 2014
(First and only viewing - 8/21/2008)