Mixed Nuts - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mixed Nuts Reviews

August 7, 2017
I'm clearly in the minority here, but I loved this film! Of course, I saw this when I was in junior high. It's so ridiculous and off the wall! It's funny because what most critics on here are commenting about as to why they disliked the film I happen to enjoy! There's so much silliness going on and chaos. I think we can all agree that this is not a likely real life scenario. No the characters are not well developed, but I don't think they have to be. Here are so many films out there about nonsense that tend to be distructive to our culture. This one is just nonsense and silly fun. Plus, I love Steve Martin.
July 23, 2017
Même si on adapte une pièce aussi abominable que Le Père Noël est une Ordure, avec un tel casting, Nora Ephron ne pouvait pas livrer un film aussi pathétique et ennuyeux que ce Mixed Nuts. Et comme c'était impossible, elle l'a fait. Il est impossible de comprendre comme un film avec Steve Martin, Juliette Lewis, Adam Sandler (dans un des plus mauvais personnages de sa carrière, c'est dire) et Liev Schreiber puisse être aussi fade et peu énergique. Si Mixed Nuts est beaucoup moins gratuitement méchant que l'original du Splendid, il le transforme en niaiserie quasi-insupportable dans un happy end qui tombe comme un cheveu sur la soupe, comme une obligation contractuelle. On se contentera alors du décor, Noël à Venice Beach, plutôt joli. Mais c'est si peu...
June 16, 2017
How could such a great comedy cast make such an awful movie? Actually couldn't finish watching--too painful. Wonder if Rob Reiner could have made it work?
½ December 25, 2016
Wow! This is really not funny
½ December 25, 2016
Silly isn't always funny
December 25, 2016
Frenetically unfunny holiday "comedy," written and directed by the normally adept Nora Ephron.
½ December 23, 2016
The worst comedy I've ever seen the whole way through. It doesn't get better at any point and reeks of desperation.
½ December 3, 2016
This deserves much better ratings than it has. It was utterly entirely ridiculous, but it was supposed to be and it was fun and that's nothing to get mad about. Kept me thoroughly entertained and what a great cast (except Adam Sandler, who I just don't find amusing or tolerable in much of anything, but didn't hate his pairing with Liev.)
November 28, 2016
Not objectively the best movie, but Madeline Kahn is hilarious.
½ November 27, 2016
not a top xmas movie by any means
October 3, 2016
I love all Steve Martin movies. This one means a lot to me too. I truly like this movie and find it funny and brightens my spirits. Maybe that just says something about me, because it was an enormous flop critically and financially. I say to Nora Ephron now...bless you in your afterlife for leaving this to us...thank you.
April 24, 2016
A truly highly underrated comedy by Nora Ephron. It being critically panned doesn't make a lick of sense. The comedy always make you laugh with every beat, to the point of pure satisfaction.
½ April 17, 2016
I dare anyone to force themselves to watch this movie all the way through.
It's like a worst-ever SNL skit going on for an hour and a half.
Thankfully, all of the actors and production crew have many great films in their resumes...
April 16, 2016
Yes, a real stinker. But it does have it's moments. Steve Martin alone does a good job in a meaningless ramble of a comedy. It's almost like there is no script and this great ensemble cast is just "winging it". The sophomoric soundtrack is just a bad collection of bad Christmas songs. Two stars is generous.
December 25, 2015
Amazing cast and a sub par film.

Still worth a watch if you're looking for a new holiday movie and want something a bit on the crazy side.
December 24, 2015
One of my favorite movies! Great amazing ensemble cast of "mixed nuts" I do not see why such a low rating. Has always been a favorite and try to watch annually :) Give it a try, it starts out slow or regular pace and builds to insane!
December 17, 2015
Current ratings for this movie do not do it justice! Mixed Nuts is a clever comedy, blending together an eclectic group of misfits, all looking for love. It's sure to bring a smile to your face as they overcome obstacles and ultimately come together to celebrate Christmas. My family loves this movie and we believe it deserves something more like a 90% than a 7%. Come on Rotten Tomatoes...
½ December 14, 2015
A bit dark at times, but for anyone who finds the holiday season a bit stressful. It takes place at a crisis hotline on Christmas Eve. The laughs will chase away your stress.
November 28, 2015
Christmas favorite must watch every year.
November 26, 2015
Mixed Nuts was a cute holiday movie. Nothing special but fun and worth a watch around the holidays.