Mr. Popper's Penguins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mr. Popper's Penguins Reviews

November 30, 2017
I am a mom. I have a 17 month old. I really appreciated this movie. ""You can't even get a reservation here unless you're dating the Donald, and I'm not willing to do that." Sad. LGB1
½ October 5, 2017
Mr. Popper (Jim Carrey) is a successful real estate developer in Manhattan. He lives in a posh apartment on Park Avenue, and is on the fast track to a partnership in a prestigious company. However, his life changes radically when he receives a final gift from his late father -- a live penguin, which is soon joined by five more penguins. The birds' antics soon win over Mr. Popper, and as he bonds with the penguins, his chilly relationship with his ex-wife (Carla Gugino) and kids begins to thaw.
½ September 17, 2017
The penguins are incredibly cute!
September 4, 2017
Jim Carrey is funny as all ways I think it was a funny movie to enjoy
½ July 11, 2017
Fun for the kids, but anyone else will find it disgusting, even those who love the book. Recommended for kids.
May 2, 2017
They made this a book now it's a movie starring Jimmy Carrie and it's not the best film that came out, it is a silly movie
April 22, 2017
I loved it & think this was a lighthearted funny movie with a good message on recognizing the important things in life.
April 4, 2017
Jim Carey strikes again with another idiotic comedy that brings only the paycheck.
½ January 29, 2017
Jim Carrey makes a valid role in the performance, of course comedy, which is be able to entertain a situation with humor and causing trouble with animated penguins. Penguins, who cry, bite and poo on Carrey entertained for some time, but the joke above is saturated.
But, fortunately, the pace of change when the penguins begin to imitate Chaplin, and hurry up cause Mr. Popper.
The plot is further stirred for Mr. Popper's family affairs, and getting one child in popularity.
Sure this is one way to entertain the whole family.
½ January 8, 2017
This was a good, clean and funny movie. I've always liked Jim Carry since I was a kid. He's so silly. This movie didn't let me down. It's staying in my collection. I love the part at the end when he's performing he slow motion man. That was hilarious. I would recommend this.
½ January 2, 2017
This is not Jim carry movie! Not funny or hilarious
November 24, 2016
be honest who doesn't like penguins its a cute fun film it's not for everyone but i enjoyed it.
½ October 15, 2016
Feel good fun for all the family
½ August 12, 2016
With a nonsense plot and generic characters, Mr Popper's penguins is a dumb movie, but enjoyably so.
Grade: C
July 20, 2016
It has its funny moments, but overall it's a dumb, by-the-numbers and predictable family comedy. The penguins are cute though.
jamrcla
½ July 6, 2016
When I heard Jim Carey was doing a family film with penguins I thought oh no it's going to be a mess but when I watched it I really enjoyed it made me laugh a few times it was way better than I was expecting but it's a family film with penguins so it's hard to really dislike.
June 30, 2016
Mr. Popper's Penguins is entertaining. This is a good Jim Carrey movie. This is also, a great family movie. I would suggest this movie.
½ June 8, 2016
I struggled to stay awake and interested to the end; and I love comedies AND I love Jim Carrey! The trailers didn't look particularly interesting either, but I watched it anyway because my (grown) daughter loves it. I still can't understand why...
May 8, 2016
lol this move is funny lol looooool loudy screamed on mr popper
May 2, 2016
Quite a good family comedy movie. But not the best from Jim Carrey. When he is a boy, he often use radio to talk to his father who is on adventures. But years later he lost contact and Jim is a successful businessman. He hope to be one of the top member of the company and the last mission is to convince Angela Lansbury to sell her restaurant which is on a freehold land. She is tough nut to crack and only sell to worthy person. Jim like Carla Gugino but didn't marry her and they have 2 kids Madeline Carroll & Maxwell Perry Cotton. Jim received a crate from his late father last adventure and out came a penguin. Then another crate came and 5 more penguins emerge. He call every department but none will accept it except Clark Gregg from the zoo who is very interested. Maxwell came and it is his birthday, so they thought Jim bought penguins as presents and so he keep it. On the spot he names them and gradually he grow love for them. 3 penguins hatch eggs and only one failed. Jim convert his apartment to open snow land and the kids love to spend time there. Jim bring Carla to the restaurant and that one table reminded him of his time spent with his dad whenever he is back from an adventure. Jim abandon his job and was fired. When the egg didn't hatch he let Clark take them to the zoo. The kids are sad and disappointed. Angela is announcing to the press who she is selling to. Jim bring the family to the zoo but the penguins aren't there. Clark want to trade them for other animals and Jim save them. They arrive at the press conference and Angela says she is not selling but only selling to Jim. She know Jim is that boy and hope he find his way back. Jim take over the restaurant and bring the family to the Artic and let the penguins reunite with their family. The main penguin hatch an egg again and it gives them a reason to return again.