Mr. Popper's Penguins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mr. Popper's Penguins Reviews

½ October 15, 2016
Feel good fun for all the family
½ September 28, 2016
There's something very charming about how innocent and harmless this movie is. Though it is quite predictable and kind of lame at times.
½ August 12, 2016
With a nonsense plot and generic characters, Mr Popper's penguins is a dumb movie, but enjoyably so.
Grade: C
July 20, 2016
It has its funny moments, but overall it's a dumb, by-the-numbers and predictable family comedy. The penguins are cute though.
½ July 6, 2016
When I heard Jim Carey was doing a family film with penguins I thought oh no it's going to be a mess but when I watched it I really enjoyed it made me laugh a few times it was way better than I was expecting but it's a family film with penguins so it's hard to really dislike.
June 30, 2016
Mr. Popper's Penguins is entertaining. This is a good Jim Carrey movie. This is also, a great family movie. I would suggest this movie.
½ June 8, 2016
I struggled to stay awake and interested to the end; and I love comedies AND I love Jim Carrey! The trailers didn't look particularly interesting either, but I watched it anyway because my (grown) daughter loves it. I still can't understand why...
May 8, 2016
lol this move is funny lol looooool loudy screamed on mr popper
May 2, 2016
Quite a good family comedy movie. But not the best from Jim Carrey. When he is a boy, he often use radio to talk to his father who is on adventures. But years later he lost contact and Jim is a successful businessman. He hope to be one of the top member of the company and the last mission is to convince Angela Lansbury to sell her restaurant which is on a freehold land. She is tough nut to crack and only sell to worthy person. Jim like Carla Gugino but didn't marry her and they have 2 kids Madeline Carroll & Maxwell Perry Cotton. Jim received a crate from his late father last adventure and out came a penguin. Then another crate came and 5 more penguins emerge. He call every department but none will accept it except Clark Gregg from the zoo who is very interested. Maxwell came and it is his birthday, so they thought Jim bought penguins as presents and so he keep it. On the spot he names them and gradually he grow love for them. 3 penguins hatch eggs and only one failed. Jim convert his apartment to open snow land and the kids love to spend time there. Jim bring Carla to the restaurant and that one table reminded him of his time spent with his dad whenever he is back from an adventure. Jim abandon his job and was fired. When the egg didn't hatch he let Clark take them to the zoo. The kids are sad and disappointed. Angela is announcing to the press who she is selling to. Jim bring the family to the zoo but the penguins aren't there. Clark want to trade them for other animals and Jim save them. They arrive at the press conference and Angela says she is not selling but only selling to Jim. She know Jim is that boy and hope he find his way back. Jim take over the restaurant and bring the family to the Artic and let the penguins reunite with their family. The main penguin hatch an egg again and it gives them a reason to return again.
March 6, 2016
A mild family comedy that probably was wanting to cash in on the March of the Penguins and Happy Feet craze or at least the tail end of it, Mr Popper's Penguins checks in with Jim Carrey being cold with his estranged family and being all business, trying to snatch up as many classic New York City landmarks for his bosses development firm when his father passes after an extended period away, sending him a family of Penguins as his inheritance in his will to teach him a lesson in the important things in life. An alright assemblage of supporting cast from Clark Gregg, Angela Landsbury and the like, but overall ranks with films like Bedtime Story being a comedy by a former 90's comic which is muted for them and relying on cute scenarios to entertain the little ones with a couple of cute chuckles and nothing much else. Also the gentrification message is a little disconcerting. Meh
½ March 4, 2016
½ February 14, 2016
I went into watching this movie thinking it was going to be stupid and I was pleasantly surprised to discover I was wrong. Jim Carrey had a few over acted moments but not so much that it overwhelmed the film. It was a nice balance and cute.
January 28, 2016
This is a funny movie for kid and family to watch I consider this movie to be a comedy considering funny scenes that happened in the movie the Penguins were hilarious I read the book to this movie the book is good as the movie. Jim Carrey did a good job with this movie!
½ January 3, 2016
Jim Carrey doesn't believe in vaccinations. He and his movies are idiotic
½ December 26, 2015
Not Jim Carreys finest moment but he definitely provided much needed life and charm into a fairly bland and generic family film about penguins. Its not particularly funny, its more repetitive and clumsy then anything but its good fun to watch at christmas for the whole family.
December 25, 2015
a better film than I expected but still a kids film with Jim Carrey going back to silly face mode. Alright for a background film at Christmas though.
October 3, 2015
Ni el carisma de Jim Carrey puede salvar a esta película, pero en realidad ni con otro actor cómico funcionaria puesto que el guion resulta ser flojo y hasta genérico en algunas ocasiones.
September 11, 2015
Very cute and touching story btw father and kids
August 16, 2015
Mr. Popper's Penguins gets a caught in the snow from time to time, but this is a good time-passer.
½ August 15, 2015