New In Town - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

New In Town Reviews

April 7, 2017
Remind me not to watch another movie set in Minnesota...the horrible accents! The acting wasn't great, either. Nor the plot...I really liked nothing about this movie.
January 6, 2017
Very funny, romantic comedy.
½ January 4, 2017
Funny, great chemistry, endearing story. Very underrated!
October 8, 2016
While the plot the may feel a bit reused, there is considerable charm to the characters that affects you in a good way. Yes, this is your typical feel good romance movie, but what is wrong with that? Good acting that keeps the heat up in the dead cold of the Minnesota winters, this is movie that deserves a second chance. It is better than the reviews, but you need to be prepared for the romantic feel good comedy you may know so well. If that is not your cup of tea, take your beer elsewhere.
½ September 12, 2016
Some light hearted clichéd entertainment. Not groundbreaking but ok for a quiet evening in
June 13, 2016
Loved it. Such great chemistry between them. Love Harry Connick Jr. in this.
April 18, 2015
Normally not a fan of Rom-Com, I found this movie to be genuinely memorable and fun to watch. Weirdly quirky. It uses an almost monty-python-ish type of exaggeration on characters, accents and small town life. The ending could be rewritten.... but that is the case in most "boy meets girl" movies.
½ November 30, 2014
Not sure if I want to see it or not. I'd have to be bored I think, but I can relate to being frozen all the time.
September 10, 2014
Bit mean to give only 29%
June 21, 2014
Ice fishing? Gotta see it. You betcha!
April 13, 2014
At first I wasn't really into this movie, but as I continued to watch I started to enjoy it more.
March 10, 2014
I was expecting a very cliched film, but was actually surprised that neither the plot nor the characters were the usual cookie-cutter type. The relationship between Zellweger and Connick's characters is not the stereotypical classy girl meets small town hunk; they both are a bit more nuanced and come across as borderline unlikeable at the beginning. The townsfolk are also a bit irritating, but you soon warm to them. And the story takes interesting twists. Not the trainsmash I was expecting.
½ February 23, 2014
What a socialistic ending! The union FTW.
½ February 15, 2014
It's an okay movie with a good story
January 27, 2014
This quaint little movie gradually won me over with the quirky Minnesota accents and approach to life. Good mindless fun.
January 21, 2014
Charming, cute, feel good, predictable, funny, (sometimes LOL funny) did I mention predictable? Okay how about clichť? A nothing sort of movie that has its moments especially if you've ever had to deal with severe cold or the idiosyncrasy of small town living and it's locals. Unfortunately I could relate. The nipple scene did make me laugh but all in all a forgettable rom-com. Sometimes though that's just what you're looking for, plus there's something yummy about Harry Connick Jr even if he looks a little rough here.05.13
January 7, 2014
Very cute love story!
December 7, 2013
kill me please. this movie sucked the time from me and thats not cool. i need a cupcake after this. it was just boring! ZERO STARS!
½ November 21, 2013
This one will be a rental for me, but it looks fun. Plus I have a secret crush on Harry Connick Jr.
½ July 27, 2013
Simple story, clichÍ plot, interesting characters and a few good ideas make New In Town more than you expect of a formulaic comedy.