The Next Karate Kid Reviews

• 2d ago

A laughably unrealistic movie that recycled old ideas to terrible effect. On a funny note this movie is an unnecessary female reboot, making it way ahead of its time 😂

• 6d ago

I really did not like how annoying this movie was im sorry but they should have found someone else to play julie because she is really making me feel grossed out and like omg she just doesnt match the movie,

• Oct 24, 2020

this film starts well but after a scene the film ends up getting lost.

this film starts well but after a scene the film ends up getting lost.

• Oct 10, 2020

How could Pat Morita put his name and legacy on this dumpster fire? The plot makes no sense and the acting is horrendous. It's a miracle it didn't derail Hilary Swank's career

• Sep 14, 2020

I believe the critics published their rotten review on the wrong page?? Absolute must-see with fast action and some snappy dialogue from Pat. Also, monks bowling? Amazing.

• Sep 08, 2020

Well, at least we can say they all acted properly. As usual, Noriyuki Morita (Mr. Miyagi) was on his line, always making the movie great, but, the whole plot of the movie was terrible... a girl who acts like a rebel finds herself in trouble, expelled of her school, being harrased by many boys (also the boy who later she's going to date), I mean, in dislike in so many ways this film, to the point it does not deserve to be counted as part of the Karate kid.

• Sep 02, 2020

Before I get into this, I know what you're thinking. Why the fudge is this guy giving this movie a good review and you're most likely saying this movie ruined my childhood but this movie actually was really good. It took the Karate kid franshise into new boundaries letting a girl be the next karate kid. It's not as bad as people are saying. A young Hillary swank is in this and she's good in every movie she's in. She's a good karate kid and I actually wanted her and the other kid from the original karate kid in their own movie but that will never happen. Maybe cobra Kai, you know the YouTube red show, maybe if YouTube pays Hilary swank the big bucks she'll do season 2 or 3 or so on. I enjoyed this movie. People are weird.

• Aug 31, 2020

I feel like this movie wasn't given enough credit. It was pretty good and way better than karate kid 2 and 3

• Aug 13, 2020

"The Next Karate Kid" is so bad that it genuinely feels like a parody of this already cheesy franchise. I have heard this movie isn't great, but I was hoping to at least see some sort of new direction. Unfortunately, most of the movie's new elements were either boring or uninteresting. It was interesting to see Hilary Swank in a movie before she became as famous as she is, but the writing in this movie wasn't doing her any favors. I would have honestly been fine if they told the same story with a girl in the lead but they tried to change too much. This movie reminded me a lot of "Rocky V" in that is just feels very out of place in the franchise and has no reason to exist. It has some good themes but there is nothing here you can't find in other movies that are far more entertaining.

• Jan 01, 2020

this is meh. it has nothing from the originals. no charm. annoying "hero". its like a bad parody of the original movie.