Reviews

• Sep 15, 2021

Okay, so it takes liberties in its portrayal of the main character, but Noah is far more faithful to the dark spirit of the Genesis text than the sanitized version we learned as kids. Aside from that, it tells a gripping and philosophically challenging story of its own. The only flaw is the ill-conceived Watchers, but they're thankfully absent from the film's emotionally gripping second half.

• Sep 08, 2021

Self-righteous, self-absorbed, sheltered, wounded ego of a narcissist is a microcosm of this movie. It's meant to evoke awe from brainwashed and narrowminded viewers, meanwhile being disguising for the rest of it's empathetic/adjusted audience. Whoever made and sponsored this movie, are people I don't want to hear from again. I get a sense they were on the wrong side of history in human-rights atrocities. This movie reminds me of communist propaganda in museum archives.

• Jul 31, 2021

God: "Noah! They shalt builts thyself an ark, measuring 300 cubits in length!" Russell Crowe: (writing on a stone tablet) "300 cubits…give or take." God: "Exactly 300! And thou shalt taketh two of every creature!" Russell Crowe: (writing it down) "Two creatures." God: "Two of EVERY creature!" Russell Crowe: "Even stink beetles?" God: "ESPECIALLY stink beetles!"

• Jul 19, 2021

LOATH THIS FILM. Had so much hope for it. My favorite director, what happened?? Why so much CGI.

• Jul 16, 2021

Hard to do too much with a story of this standing but it's worth seeing if for no other reason than the spectacular visuals/cinematography.

• Jun 11, 2021

I dont really know how to explain it hut this was just a good movies, i was everything but slow, one of the only movies with pangea, and the music and acting was superb

• Apr 26, 2021

The view on the Earth with tornados filling the whole atmosphere is something to remember. This movie is visually beautiful.

• Apr 25, 2021

What a dreary, dull, dreadful movie. Neither entertaining or rewarding watch. To be endured not enjoyed.

• Apr 03, 2021

It is not what you would expect. Its a take on a Bible story that is definitely different but not horrible as everyone is saying.

• Apr 03, 2021

The whitewashing is certainly eyebrow-raising, it deviates a bit from its source material (mostly owing to the fact that focusing on just the Ark would result in a too-short runtime) and it's definitely understandable that Christian conservative groups are going to get riled up. Yet, when judging this part Biblical LOTR, part drama about a family nearly falling apart on its own merits, Noah is a perfectly good, albeit not great, epic. The performances are strong, the direction is confident and assured, the visuals are sweeping, the effects are breathtaking and the characters are filled with complexity and memorability. True, Bible purists may not take kindly to the presence of stone giants with stop-motion-style movements (that was intentional BTW) but I wasn't annoyed by them. As an adaptation, Noah's...suspect but as a movie, it's a better disaster drama than most pure disaster movies.