Notes on a Scandal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Notes on a Scandal Reviews

December 13, 2017
Judi Dench´es and Cate Blanchett´s Performances Are Thrilling and Intriguing Performances, Which Are Packed In a Film That Success In Psychological Thriller Territory Thanks To a Creepy Narrative and Even Creepier Score
½ October 7, 2017
Cate Blanchet and Judi Dence deliver an outstanding performance in this movie (I dare say!) Dame Judi delivers the line on obsessed, virgin spinster dramatically and with the full on effect and intensity. Cate, ever the re-inventor, delivers an unquestionable portrayal of the villan/victim. Definitely one to watch.
October 4, 2017
Top notch all the way. Two great actresses at the top of their form. A great script, great direction. A great film!
June 4, 2017
Judi Dench ve Cate Blanchett gibi 2 muhtesem isim bir araya gelince cok bisey soylemeye gerek kalmiyor
½ August 1, 2016
A solid movie with very good acting. I found this movie too be just as much about a school teacher having an affair with a student as the power of manipulation.
June 25, 2016
I'm a JImmy come lately to this movie. "Carol" turned me on to Cate Blanchett...yeah yeah I know, my cave is at 123 Blanc street. Enjoyed this movie and was surprised that it was a more demanding role than "Carol". It gave her an opportunity demonstrate her wealth of talent. The writing and acting was powerful.
May 30, 2016
Brilliantly acted by the leading ladies. Cate Blanchett is a miracle, beautiful miracle you can't look away.
½ March 19, 2016
It doesn't ring true, but the performances are good.
March 16, 2016
Gripping story and brilliant acting, Cate's best!
½ February 17, 2016
At the end of your teenage years you'll grow unable to differentiate between fantasy and reality.
½ February 17, 2016
With perfect interpretations from both Judi Dench and Cate Blanchett and this strong and thrilling story, "notes on a scandal" easily deserves to be watch. It's the best erotic thriller of the 10 last years. But be warn, the movie is a little bit disturbing.
February 12, 2016
One of the best films I've seen
January 21, 2016
I bought this one at a 7-eleven because I was bored and just wanted to watch a movie. I had no idea who Judi Dench or Kate Blanchett were. I'll tell you what - this is a great movie 4/5.
December 16, 2015
Intriguing, engrossing drama.

Barbara (played by Judi Dench) is a history teacher at a high school.
Old, old-fashioned, curmudgeonly, alone...and lonely. However, a new,
young art teacher, Sheba (played by Cate Blanchett), joins the staff
and they become friends. Barbara then stumbles upon the fact that Sheba
is having an affair with a 15-year old student. Now, what to do with
this information...?

A great, tense tale of manipulation and obsession. Good twists, none of
which are gratuitous. The villains are not always obvious, and neither
are the heroes...

Great work by Judi Dench and Cate Blanchett in the main roles. Dench
got a Best Leading Actress Oscar nomination for her performance and
Blanchett a Best Supporting Actress nomination (though I would view
them both being in leading roles).

On the negative side - the ending feels a bit subdued after the great
build-up. The ending wasn't bad and does close off the story
adequately, but could have been much better. I was expecting something
more gritty and possibly even shocking after the tension created in the
rest of the movie.
December 12, 2015
Favourite quote: Barbara Covett - "They do things differently in bourgois bohemia"
August 23, 2015
The Glass score adds to the great acting jobs.
August 11, 2015
150810: Lewis C. has it correct below in describing this movie as "uncomfortable" at times. Of course, when I was 15, I would've been all over a good-looking teacher paying attention to me. Now, I wouldn't have been comfortable with a old broad stalking me and that's what this movie is primarily about. Not the best pace but well worth watching once.
½ August 9, 2015
Judi Dench is great in this movie! This movie made my day "a gold star day" (get it).
June 26, 2015
This is without a doubt one of the best movies I have ever seen! Cate Blanchett and Judi Dench give powerful performances. And Cate Blanchett is without a doubt my favorite actress as she is just so awesome at everything she does. She is the Meryl Streep of this generation and that is saying a lot!