Notes on a Scandal Reviews

• Apr 17, 2019

I am struggling to understand why people think so highly of this. We found much of it implausible and the dialogue wooden. I accept that melodrama has a logic of its own but this is just wrong on so many levels.

• Sep 08, 2018

I've seen this a few times now and its still great. Chilling performance from Judi Dench as she spars with the elegant Cate Blanchett in a great psychodrama. Love the narration and how it was worded by Judi Dench. Great from Bill Nighy . I felt the first half of the movie was strongest where in the second half once Judi turned psychotic it started to get melodramatic. Still it ended well and there was a conclusion. Great movie

• Dec 13, 2017

Judi Dench´es and Cate Blanchett´s Performances Are Thrilling and Intriguing Performances, Which Are Packed In a Film That Success In Psychological Thriller Territory Thanks To a Creepy Narrative and Even Creepier Score

• Aug 01, 2016

A solid movie with very good acting. I found this movie too be just as much about a school teacher having an affair with a student as the power of manipulation.

• Jun 25, 2016

I'm a JImmy come lately to this movie. "Carol" turned me on to Cate Blanchett...yeah yeah I know, my cave is at 123 Blanc street. Enjoyed this movie and was surprised that it was a more demanding role than "Carol". It gave her an opportunity demonstrate her wealth of talent. The writing and acting was powerful.

• May 30, 2016

Brilliantly acted by the leading ladies. Cate Blanchett is a miracle, beautiful miracle you can't look away.

• Mar 19, 2016

It doesn't ring true, but the performances are good.

It doesn't ring true, but the performances are good.

• Feb 17, 2016

With perfect interpretations from both Judi Dench and Cate Blanchett and this strong and thrilling story, "notes on a scandal" easily deserves to be watch. It's the best erotic thriller of the 10 last years. But be warn, the movie is a little bit disturbing.

• Feb 17, 2016

At the end of your teenage years you'll grow unable to differentiate between fantasy and reality.

• Feb 15, 2016

Gripping story and brilliant acting, Cate's best!

Gripping story and brilliant acting, Cate's best!