Oblivion - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Oblivion Reviews

½ May 28, 2017
I like this disturbing film. The story IMHO is quite realistically possible. The plot twists are a bit unexpected.
½ April 27, 2017
In the future there will be lots of Tom Cruise.
April 22, 2017
fantastic cinemtography
March 11, 2017
A little surprised at the mixed reviews as this is one of my favorite films. Great story, lots of heart, superb acting, visually stunning and intense action, what's not to love? A great experience in home theater. ??
½ March 5, 2017
Really liked this movie, one of tom cruise's best imo....great sci fi
February 24, 2017
While the film unfortunately suffers from predictability issues and a mild case of third act dumbassery, it is still engaging and beautiful to look at.
½ February 11, 2017
C-
As visually stunning as it may look, 'Oblivion' is still rife with confusing plot points and repetition that questions even the most interested film goer.
½ January 30, 2017
Plenty of water and hydrogen on Titan to sustain fusion technology. No need to steal the earth's oceans. Movie over.
½ January 27, 2017
Enjoyable!! I seem to be one of the few that liked it. Even though it was a bit slow, and not spectacular, I thought it was very interesting.
½ January 1, 2017
5/10 - Visually stunning, story was a bit boring yet still entertaining to say the least.
December 30, 2016
I actually quite enjoyed this entertaining little bit of sci/fi fluff. It had wonderful imagery and some cute twists.
½ December 30, 2016
it would have been better without Tom.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
December 20, 2016
Started well and a good concept which is sadly executed with all the compassion and warmth of a calculator. Lacked the grittiness which could have redeemed it and as such felt rather meaningless. Visually stunning but lacking bite.
½ December 19, 2016
My rating is stuck somewhere between the fairly decent entertainment, presence of Olga Kurylenko in the film and the woeful script and even more derisory performance of Tom Cruise in his typical wooden acting fashion (can someone also teach this man to run, it's embarrassing).
December 17, 2016
All smoke and no fire for a sci-fi based on one of the most famous games in the world. Excellent post-apocalyptic setting, but horrible interpretation by each character
November 27, 2016
No this isn't going to be a sci-fi classic and I can see why others might not enjoy it but did I? Yes I did and more so. This film looks incredible, it really is a visual feast. It also has a fantastic score which compliments not only the visuals but the dramatic moments as well as the action which is also solid. Tom Cruise (along with the rest of a solid cast) does really well and even though he alone doesn't hold the film together thanks to a somewhat lacking script the film would be overall lesser in quality without him. Despite the script lacking I still thoroughly enjoyed the plot and was entertained throughout, not a single moment was I bored. Overall a solid sci-fi film that may be flawed but was a great journey while it lasted.
November 26, 2016
Sounds great. Will come back with my full rating.
November 24, 2016
Visually, Oblivion is a masterpiece. Kosinski's vision for "daytime science fiction" is stunningly realised without the usual over-reliance on CGI (note in particular the Sky Tower's gorgeous skylines which were all projected on set, rather than blue screened in post). But like Tron: Legacy, Oblivion ultimately falls down in the story department. A few too many second act twists, some reminiscent of Duncan Jones' Moon, lesson the emotional stakes and leave one feeling that less would have been more. M83's score, while sometimes powerful, is no Daft Punk and often feels a little bit too Hans Zimmer. 3.5 stars
November 22, 2016
I'm at a loss as to why this got such a bad rap, it's a fully competent, and enjoyable sci-fi film. Sound and visuals are excellent. If you like sci-fi, and haven't taken a chance on this yet' you're doing yourself a disservice.